Fortnite

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Steam has mirrors around Australia and usually maxes out 11mb/sec with downloads easy, you can limit download speeds in steam settings.

2. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Yes I am aware of all this (I usually just alt tab and his pause as I don't notice until I am actually playing) - was having a whinge not looking for the solution :p

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

the building thing is main reason I don't play fortnite much, its not something I desire to master. You can tell battle royale was a (very successful) afterthought to original game and the building suits that PVE model better.

I get a sweet sniper, take a shot at a guy which kills his shield then he builds a fort and I am forced to get in close to stand a chance and then usually need to be able to quickly assemble a vertical fort to even the chances.

I think they should limit materials heaps more, or at least have a mode that does. Or a mode where building takes much longer and isn't a viable way of dodging bullets.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I suspect their train of thought is that the building is what sets them apart from every other BR game - it adds a different level of complexity to the game, you really do need to approach quite differently compared to something like PUBG where position is absolute key. One mate i game with who is generally very good at shooters didn't like Fortnite for this reason, you didn't maintain positional advantage without building.

5. RnR

RnR Member

A couple of points here; If you don't headshot a guy in solo and you see him build... you can disengage. Or. While he is building, rush him and then either ramp up to him or spread 2 lots of C4 at his base and watch him fall. I won a solo by ramping up to the very last guy and shotgunned him. He was my only kill in the game.

You don't have to be a great builder to enjoy the game imho.

walker_2003 likes this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah maybe I can be the structure killer rather then builder.

RnR likes this.
  7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So after completing an update that felt like the whole game, I've played this for quite a few hours today, and thoroughly enjoying it. Snapped a few Sniper kills earlier, and it was pretty awesome. Have felt like the majority of the game is range though, which is a little unfortunate.

8. RnR

RnR Member

Depends on the game mode. 50vs50 is fairly rangy. Other games tend not to be. But could depend on the skill levels of your opponents. Good ones will try to close quickly and let the shotgun speak.

9. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah, 50v50 was. I did some squad matches, and they were decent, but still heavily range :(

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

heavily range? id love it if it was.. every guy i shoot at hides in a little fort.

11. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Oh they still do that.

12. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

I find ARs don't have as much of a place as shotguns really. I've noticed towards the end games, it's nearly always close and shotgun. It does get rather frustrating, but that's just part of it I guess.

13. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

Or a rocket launcher. Usually one of the top 3 will have one and they will just spam it and win.

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I don't think they balance weapons as a priority in this game they just keep adding more random stuff.

15. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

Very true. The shotgun nerf in S5 though is the most substantial weapon balance i've seen so far. You can still switch between two fairly quickly but it's definitely changed things up for me as a loadout. I hate shotguns in this game and I hated the fact that it dictated my loadout as I would be at a disadvantage without running with 2 shotguns. Now it's smg, AR, shotgun and range plus meds.

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

What did they change with shotgun?

17. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

There's a small delay between shots now so that you can't just spam shotguns and kill quickly. They have also added in a pellet counter type thing in reticle so that you can see how many shotgun pellets actually hit.

18. RnR

RnR Member

The new SMG's might actually break the strangle hold on the shotgun meta in the game.

19. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I reckon that meta was on the way out when they buffed the smgs and nerfed the shotguns a couple of patches ago.

20. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018