1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fortnite

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Jul 13, 2012.

1. RnR

RnR Member

2. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Are they salty? Epic planned for this to happen... They knew Apple was going to react this way... Now they're fucking with them because they can... And Serves Apple right. I'm not a Fortnite fan... But I'm loving that they're sticking it to Apple.

3. RnR

RnR Member

Agree that all this is planned and yeah, I don't think Epic is salty at all. This season has been a little light on rewards but now I can see where all the effort has gone... for lawyers. Meh. But I hope they succeed vs Apple/Google.

4. lithos

lithos Member

Isn't "Tart Tycoon" just another name for a really successful English pimp?

5. breno

breno Member

Don't think Epic are worried too worried about it. They buy out companies and then offer their art assets on the UE marketplace for free lol

Epic are probably the only ones with enough moolah to do anything about it.

6. RnR

RnR Member

7. boneburner

boneburner Member

i'm neither a Fortnite player, nor an Ariana Grande listener - but fuck me if this isnt just a cool concept...

I dont know what I expected from an in-game concert, but this is some neat art direction & coding trickery

RnR likes this.
  8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Nobody does in game events like fortnite I'll give them that.

Its crazy to think what stealing an idea and assets from pubg has become. The game was a failure until then and is now a behemoth.

9. RnR

RnR Member

I played with a guy on Friday who has been playing Fortnite: Save the World since it came out. This is his first season of Battle Royale heh :) But yeah its still massive. I play with 11 year olds who are build demons, crusty old farts that can hit an acorn half across the map, chillaxing Maori's, peppy streamers, and even two texans recently. No... Fortnite don't do well at 200ms ping. Shame though.

walker_2003 I wasn't aware that Epic stole any assets from pubg?

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah a quick google will fill you in but essentially fortnite STW was DOA and PUBG was a phenomenon and they used assets from PUBG to develop the BR Beta (as they own the UE4 engine) but I think got away with it as it was all changed prior to actual release. They also claimed it was stolen ideas but that was dropped, some speculate some under the table deals done.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  11. RnR

RnR Member

I wouldn't say STW was DOA, but yeah there weren't many folks playing it. Enough for groups to form back then. BR though completely killed STW on release or shortly after. Loads of people moved from STW to BR, including myself and my friends.

You are the first to mention BR beta using pubg assets - never heard this rumour before. Do you know if the legal case is still going?

Epic is still giving us original pre BR STW owners aka 'Founders' free vbucks every week :D

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Na was dropped and possibly just hearsay, the bigger focus of lawsuit was the copying of an idea essentially. All ended in 2018 or so.

RnR likes this.
  13. Beanz

Beanz Member

I watched the Travis Scott one (actually joined the game to view it live with my boys) and it was really, really cool to do together.

151528 and boneburner like this.
  14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I just have no desire to learn the building meta and if i see a guy I wanna shoot him without him turning into a house.

It is impressive to watch the pro's go at it though some cool battles, but I prefer PUBG with more realistic setting and insane gun recoil to master.

15. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

The lawsuit was based around IP, not assets. And it was dropped.
    lets be real, Fortnite was set apart from other BRs because of the building

16. RnR

RnR Member

Just on this... there are strategies around builders. I've been playing since 2017 and I can't build myself out of a wet paper bag. And yet, with a few hombre's that knows how to work as a team (but all bad builders), we still managed to get 5 wins on a lazy sat arvo.

The gun play is very average though. If pubg is anything like Destiny 2 in this regard, I can see why you would prefer it.

walker_2003 likes this.
  17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Ah yeah that's good you can do well without the building stuff,other thing I loathe is TPP in anything competitive. PUBG's gunplay is what has carried it through its worst times (insane amount of hackers at one stage) and poor optimisation and clunky movement.

It is brutal.. But makes getting kills satisfying. Plenty of horizontal and vertical recoil and bullet drop makes it tricky to deal with. Unlike cod it's quite often someone can have the jump on you but your recoil control means you kill them first.

Very satisfying hitting a hard snipe too.

Perhaps that's all that made it into lawsuit but I remember reading they complained they used pubg assets when developing game? Could be wrong though was a while back!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  18. RnR

RnR Member

Oh yes! The Fortnite sniper family is projectile with bullet drop rather than hit scan and yeah I love it.

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah from what little I've played it's much easier then sniping in PUBG but anything that isn't hitscan is great fun.

20. Phido

Phido Member

One of my guilty pleasures is playing fornite.

I quite liked the A.G performance and riding a rainbow unicorn for 30 minutes was one of the most relaxing things I've done in my life.