Forum Rules, FAQ & Useful Threads

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by Fodder, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fodder

Fodder (Banned or Deleted)

FORUM RULES

1. All OCAU forum-wide rules apply and are enforced in this forum. It is suggested you familiarise yourself with them.
    2. This is not the What/Where Should I Buy? forum. If you want help spending your money, please post a thread there.
    3. If a thread already exists on the topic you're about to post on, please reply to it rather than starting a new thread. It's always a good idea to check the Useful Threads list and use the Forum Search function before posting.
    4. If you have an issue with myself or another Administrator, the correct course of action is to take it up with Agg.

That's not so hard now is it? :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  2. OP
    OP
    Fodder

Frequently Asked Questions

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What are these Hyperion drivers? Do I need them?

The Hyperions are a package of IDE/ATAPI, AGP/Miniport, PCI/IRQ and INF/Registry drivers. Users of any recent VIA motherboard are strongly advised to install them, as they substantially boost performance and stability. They can be found at VIA Arena, along with drivers for onboard features such as video/SATA/RAID and so on. The drivers are not without their quirks, and you will find a large stickied thread on them here where other OCAU members share their experiences and which is updated when new drivers are released.

My VIA/ATI system is crashing. Why?

KT400 and KT600 boards experience instability when running Radeon 9600/SE/Pro/XT cards at AGP-8x. Reverting to AGP-4x negates the issue, with very little (if any) performance loss.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  3. OP
    OP
    Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.