Forza Motorsport 7

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by amisty, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Lol feeling the same way. Willing to pay $10 just for the files at this rate (and yes I can come to you with an SSD to transfer the files)

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the problem is that the download links are valid for about 8-9 hours so you have to make sure you get an app that can resume downloads with a new link. And you have to do this 3-4 times just to get the whole damn package.

sure beats having to start from the beginning all the damn time.

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Shit! Still got 3 hours left to download, though I did make sure to refresh the link before resuming so it does not expire while I am at work.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

had a quick go running the benchmark etc, min fps 35 average 60 (when i set target to 60) but i dunno feels a bit odd.. maybe skipping some frames? Trying newer nvidia drivers, but I think game might need some fixing.

No idea how to get an FPS counter for this game.. no software seems to work.

edit: newer nvidia drivers optimised for f7 might have helped.. seems to be holding what feels like 60fps nearly all the time.. I dont know if G-sync works with Win 10 store games.

Most annoying this is 2d cutscenes are chunky and freeze.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  5. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

I've been downloading for about 16 hrs now and it's yet to crap out.

That said, is this the biggest game download ever? 95.3gb

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

you downloading through the store or side loading? I'm trying the side loading method.

7. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Sideloading.. I remember the grief that Forza Horizon 3 gave me so wasn't about to go through that again

Finished downloading and have installed it. The good news is I now have a 100gb install file so hopefully I won't have to go through that ever again.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Hopefully my download should have finished and I'll be sideloading it when I get home.

9. rexest

rexest Member

Anyone bought a microsoft game through cdkeys.com before? Bought the ultimate edition at like 8pm yest and im still waiting on the key.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Great, the downloaded completed. Time to side load this fucker!

EDIT: So far so good. I guess you can't be administrator when you're adding the package then.

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

bit disapointed with the sounds on some of the 'common' cars.. all the hot hatches ive driven so far sound nothing like the real deal.. I think they only put effort into more high end cars.

I must say the audio positioning is top notch, hearing fireworks to side and helicopters going over head :thumbup:

edit: then u get in the ken block focus :O

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm happy to share the EAppxBundle package file if you're not in the mood to download 95gb of data.

If you're in the Sydney area.

13. jatontg

jatontg Member

The game any good? I can't even download the demo from the MS store it's that bad and I'm on 100Mbps!

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yeah I enjoy it.. the new inside car view without steering wheel (and closer to dash) is awesome.. graphics are amazing, the career mode is kinda cool. Sound on some cars is meh and others is WOW

One thing to note once you do get it going is to take stuff off dynamic and set a manual fps target and set each setting accordingly, that combined with latest nvidia drivers (if team green) seems to sort the stutter.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I think it's good. I used these instructions to install the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/52wdk6/guide_how_to_download_a_windows_store_game_and/

That seems to be the case for me too. My notebook 1070 can even play the game at 4k. Though some of the menus like the pre and post race menus run at 30fps while other menus run at 60fps.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  16. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

I'm finding it all quite a chore really. The tyre model is non existant and feels like a trashy novel. Pure eye candy with no substance. It's not bad in small intervals but is definitely going to be a while before I get anywhere close to finishing it.

That said, PCars 2 is where it's at. The tyre model is quite lively and is fun to drive.. just a shame that the AI is horrible..

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Forza is more of a simcade, it has a tyre model inc tire flex its just a lot more forgiving then Assetto Corsa etc..

Forza is the best car game hands down for controller use. As for wheel, possibly not.. I have heard some reports PC2 has no feel to the feedback?

Also 700 cars.. :shock:

drive the hoonigan cars and see what you think of the tyre model

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I found the first Project Cars to be quite difficult to drive any car with a controller. It felt that even the slightest twitch of the thumbstick would send the car out of control. When I try to make turns the car just feels like it's barely responding even though I have the stick all to one side and this is setting everything to the novice difficulty and all assists on. I don't get that with FM6: Apex, FH3, or FM7.

That's why I haven't bought PC2 because of the controls weren't as forgiving as Forza.

19. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

This game any better than PC2?

Im quite liking pC2, never played a Forza game though.

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

both have their place and audience. I find Forza just easier to play with it's more forgiving controls. Also: 700 cars in FM7, you can't say the same about PC2.