Forza Motorsport 7

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by amisty, Sep 24, 2017.

1. wolfie81

wolfie81 Member

Interesting, Ive got a wheel so that isn't a concern. Which do you feel is more realistic?

ha, just googled Forza. NO VR?!! The ****. PC2 automatically wins then.

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Maybe Project Cars but once you get a bit more realistic, it kinda starts to not get fun and that's what PC is doing for me. Forza is a bit more light and a bit relaxed on its simulation I think.

But hey, different games for different audiences. I'm not a real hardcore driving sim guy, I do like just getting into a cool supercar and just drive around and that's what FH3 let me do and that interest kinda spilled into FM7.

I personally don't think the lack of VR in FM7 is a dealbreaker, it definitely would enhance the experience but the base experience is decent. I'd rather have 4K over VR and the game runs 4K 60 on my notebook GTX 1070 without major issues or FPS drops during races.

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

tried g27 with not amazing results.. no way to change rotation degrees in game from what I could find (can on xbox).

Seems game is limited to around 250 degrees rotation which isnt to bad I guess but needs some tweaking.

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

getting maybe 1 - 2 stutters here and there....not 100% gone but better than a few every few 30 seconds or so.

5. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Holy shit the game is 99GB. thank fuck for my 100Mbps FTTP connection. ordered the ultimate edition, normally I wait until games are on special or pick them up while still cheap in early access but pretty confident i'll get enough fun out of this to justify the spend, had a good bit of fun with the demo and this looks like it will keep me entertained longer than project cars 2 would have.

Edit: fucking helicopter is annoying and cant find a way to turn it off. constant sound of it in one ear is actually starting to give me a headache.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Looks like they're reverting back to the previous VIP system and giving bonuses as an apology.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM7_Launch_Update

oh goodie. Immediately bought the Lamborghini Centenario with the million credits received.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

So what is up with the wheel support on Windows. I can't get it to recognise my Fanatec CSL Elite properly without reverting to CSW 2.0 compatible mode.

Really like being able to change race length on career mode, but with there was a medium length. Physics not great, but with some tweaking I got it to feel ok on the Xbox. I have to play it on the Xbox, as the Windows version wont work with my wheel properly. :upset:

8. Sledge

Sledge Member

How was it beforehand?

9. cvidler

cvidler Member

instead of 2x points all the time, you got a handful of limited use mods.

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Yup, the 100% bonus was only good for 25 races, making the VIP pass essentially useless.

11. skymist

skymist Member

Can someone help me out, I purchased the ultimate edition through my Xbox so I have installed on my xbox one.

However how do i download to my PC?? I log into the Mircosoft store but can't seem to download it anywhere without paying for it again?

12. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

I think you need to buy it on your PC to get the play anywhere edition. If you get it on your Xbox it is Xbox only I think.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

if you buy it on xbox but through the store xbox store it's PA. only physical discs are not PA.

14. skymist

skymist Member

That was my thought yet i don't know how to get the game without buying it again?

15. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

You have to buy it on the Microsoft store to get both xbox/pc versions.

If you've bought the xbox physical edition, sadly you're out of luck. If you want to play it on the PC, you'll have to buy it again on the xbox/windows store.

16. [AOB]TommO

[AOB]TommO Member

Love my simulation games/wheel, but enjoy the "pickup and play" nature of Forza with an xbox controller on my pc - so after playing the demo for a few hours, I've purchased the game.

I'm currently waiting for the new gen XBOX to come out in November, so the fact it (should) work on PC and my new XBOX sealed the deal for me. Particularly as I suspect the PC game will be buggy for a long, long time, so this is purely an interim step.

17. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

Heads up, a new NVidia GFX Driver 387.92 - WHQL is out with optimisations for this game.

18. mr626

mr626 Member

Quite enjoying this- my first every Forza game. Took a while to get the stupid thing to work, mainly because I had to re-enable a bunch of Store / Xbox App crap that I had previously disabled.

For quite a few races I couldn't understand why every time I hit the brakes I would basically lose control...well guess who accidentally mixed up the mappings for brake and handbrake :lol:

Pretty happy with the game overall- it has the selection of cars and tracks that I was hoping for, basically feels a bit like Gran Turismo on PC. The load times for races can be a bit long even with a SSD, but that's only a minor complaint.

On my system (Ryzen 1700, 32GB, GTX980) it runs fine at 1080p on 'dynamic' graphics settings. I only get the occasional stuttering in cut scenes / post-race screens, but during the actual races its fine.

The way the mods work is interesting. As best as I can tell, it make sense financially to shell out 20,000 credits for the basic mod crate as you easily make that back and then some.

If I find myself strapped for cash I just take one of the Forza cars that gives you extra credits and combine with the right mods (for example, racing the Forza R35 GTR on Suzuka can easily get you 50,000 credits per race).

Control-wise I'm using my basic logitech gamepad- works fine.

All in all I'm enjoying it, best fun racing on PC for a long time.

19. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Does this work on Windows 7?

20. mr626

mr626 Member

Windows 10 only via the app store