Found a wallet.dat from 2013

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by mr_mordred2095, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Gunna

Gunna Member

Really? Everytime I have used them the $ have been in next business day provided the transaction confirms twice before 5pm NSW time the day I transfer

2. 605jimmy

605jimmy Member

Some could say stupid. Will be a long term hold. I hesitated 4 months ago investing in it and could have made 20k profit. Not making the same mistake again. Always risky but I'm willing to loose what I put in or half of it. No reward without some risk.

3. MonoJoker

MonoJoker Member

Yes you're right it's not 3 full days, just seemed like it waiting across a weekend! I did the transfer last Friday afternoon and the money showed up Monday (yesterday) evening. So that's probably only 1.x business days really. Will be interesting to see how quickly this one goes in. Was confirmed by 5 peers pretty much straight away but I didn't do the transfer until yesterday evening - so Thursday at worst?

There's no stupid risk except the one you can't afford. High risk = high potential return, you got it in one :) And I understand the excitement of trading too, I was doing it back in 2013/2014 along with mining. I had NFI what I was doing and consequently I turned nearly half a bitcoin into 0.25 before I lost interest. Sold my mining gear and left what was about $100 worth of BTC in that wallet. I'm happy with my return - > $6000 in 4 years and if I factored in power, loss on sale of gear (probably wasn't much actually) then it's still a decent return.

And now to try and claim my BCH!

4. Gunna

Gunna Member

Ok so with the weekend included that isn't 3 business days.

If you want it in overnight next business day the transaction has to confirm before 5pm daylight savings time otherwise they will process it in the morning and then the money in over night that day

MonoJoker likes this.