Foxtel pricing + other Foxtel discussion

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Stooge007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yes. You don't pay separately for 4K, it's just something that is enabled on the iq4 boxes.

nico6 likes this.
  2. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Correct, I had assumed that Foxtel would get you to pay extra for 4k but apparently they don't.

nico6 likes this.
  3. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

So now that I have the box and it's plugged in, the 4k channel is there but it can't be used. It does a check of your gear and if it doesn't get the right answer, nothing shows on the screen. Which makes sense seeing as I don't have a 4k receiver or tv. But that's not what my wife was told on the phone by the operator. She was told that it will be available and even though it won't be 4k it would still look better than HD. So just in case someone gets fed the same line and wonders why they can't watch the 4k.

4. Hater

Hater Member

look better than HD on a TV that's only capable of HD? wha?

5. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Exactly. I said to my wife, that's not how this shit works. Just wanted to get it out there that Foxtel operators may not know anything about what they are talking about. In case that's a shock to anyone.

6. neopheX

neopheX Member

Most people would already know this. And of course some don't like your wife which she wouldn't be the only one. Always do research and ask questions before talking to anyone from Foxtel lol that's the best advice I can give on that front.

It is only one 4K channel anyway with mixed content so not really missing out on much as of yet. But at least you got yourself a decent box that is future proof so to speak.

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah tbh I very rarely go there. They do a lot of concert stuff when I used to go there, didn't really interest me that much. The nature stuff is amazing though.

8. neopheX

neopheX Member

Yeah if they showed more nature stuff and space stuff which really looks amazing in 4K then it'll be worth while. Hopefully we will see more eventually, you'd think so anyway.

I wonder if all channels that are HD now will be shown in 4K too? I would assume Sports will be the first one to get the 4K treatment then movies and doco channels will follow later.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Oh absolutely, this will just be the start of it. Hopefully don't have to wait too long.

Yeah not too sure what their plans are tbh.

10. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

The sport has to be recorded in 4k first before they can show it in 4k. Not sure how many sports even record in 4k atm, it certainly wouldn't be many.

11. neopheX

neopheX Member

Plenty sports in Europe are in 4K and the F1 too. Won’t be hard to get the 4K feed. In Australia is another ball game all together as they need to upgrade to 4K cameras again Australia is behind the rest of the world when it comes to broadcasting

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I could absolutely see the PGA Golf going to 4K which would be brilliant for me.