Foxtel pricing + other Foxtel discussion

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Stooge007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. BuD

BuD Member

They have kayo for just the sports now. Only thing it lacks is apps currently for certain devices and 4k stream vs 1080p but I can't imagine our sport here being much different in 4k anyway

2. neopheX

neopheX Member

Bit slow to the party champ? Everyone left 6 months ago :p haha

4K streaming won't happen from Kayo for sometime. But it will come eventually if they want to move forward. 4K Sports via Foxtel Satellite looks excellent I just wished they would show all sports channel in a 4K feed but again that won't be for a while either.

3. sanjay

sanjay Member

if you have AFL Live Pass (e.g. through a telstra plan or a friend/family member who lets you use their log-in - thanks in-laws!) and a phone that supports either MHL or HDMI from USB-C you can plug your phone in after starting the live stream and it'll show on the TV (bypassing the "screen mirroring not supported" error in the app). This is how I've been watching non FTA AFL games for months now.

works on Galaxy S8/S9 (with Pie 9.0 update) and S10 (using a USB-C to HDMI dock).

4. miicah

miicah Member

Same with NRL, although I've never tried to get it to stream to the TV. It's data-free as well (through Telstra prepaid).

5. MELso76

MELso76 Member

Mind you, the AFL Live Pass is only SD (16:9 1024x576i), at least when I ran it through Kodi (which is another way to watch if you can find the Aussie Addons extension)...

6. Zee

Zee Member

Saw a client today, they have satellite Fox. As in the original one, with a single Co-ax feed in, and glorious yellow RCA for video. the picture was atrocious, I can't believe Fox charge $125/month for that. They deserve to die in fire.

Z...

8MadDog8 likes this.
  7. nico6

nico6 Member

We're with Foxtel from Telstra, and I called to claim my free IQ4.
    They said that was a Foxtel direct offer, but yes they can match it (give me strength!)
    Currently paying $99 for Platinum HD so I insisted I get $89 like Foxtel direct customers.
    Sir, we can't do that.
    So move me to Foxtel direct.
    Please wait sir.
    OK.
    10 minutes!
    They came back to say that I couldn't get $89 p/m, but they would take $10 p/m off one of the mobiles on the account, also that they had already processed it all while I waiting and my IQ4 was ordered and on the way.
    A little cheeky of them to rush it all through, but I got my $10 off.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

10. TheWedgie

TheWedgie Insert Custom Title Here

11. MELso76

MELso76 Member

The ability to record, quite a few channels and 4K for starters. If you only want to use Foxtel at one premises, satellite rather than Now is a better option for these reasons (but costs $20 more).

Foxtel Now makes sense if you either share with someone offsite (I share with my dad and brother) or are on the old pricing (I just have the Pop pack for $15; I use Kayo for sports).

MR CHILLED likes this.
  12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

13. krappo

krappo Member

Just got of the phone with Fox and they renewed my current package for another 6 months only after i suggested that we terminate our relationship, the lass came good........
    I am on

Entertainment
    Entertainment plus
    Docos
    Drama
    Sport
    Hd
    Viewing thru a iQ4

$59 mo for 6 months
    Thanking you very much Foxtel :)

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Apparently according to sources over at WP the new firmware coming next week and also a new remote :thumbup: