1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Foxtel pricing + other Foxtel discussion

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Stooge007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Sorry, no, no idea really. I'd love to know too. All I hear is rumours about being able to open Netflix, iview etc and voice search working.

2. spoon69

spoon69 Formula 1 Reporter

I haven't upgraded to an IQ4 box as I was told that you can only let a recording run for 30 mins past its scheduled finish, where as the box I'm currently still using, MyStar2, lets me do an hour.

Is this true/still the case?

I've turned down a few offers of free upgrades on the IQ4 and I've mentioned it to the people offering the upgrade and they have never confirmed or denied it.

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Quite honestly I never need to have a recording run past it's scheduled end time for about 5 minutes max. The only time this ever becomes an issue is with golf broadcasts when the tourny ends with a tie and they need to play playoff holes. Then I basically lose the end of it, in which case I just catch one of the replays. What do you need to run 30+ minutes past its scheduled end time?

For FTA all I can select is +10 mins. For Subscription channels all I can select is +10 mins. There is however a manual record option. But I think that's all you have.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 7:31 PM
  4. nico6

nico6 Member

IQ4 has +30 minutes extension on recordings. (IQ2 was +20)

Where'd you get +10 from Mr Chilled?

5. HobartTas

HobartTas Member

Wouldn't a simpler solution be to also set to record the next program immediately following and this way if the original program runs for longer you still get it, or am I missing something obvious here?

6. spoon69

spoon69 Formula 1 Reporter

A lot of motorsport.

Mainly Indycar, but I've been caught out with F1 qualifying on the very rare occasions I'm not watching it live, and have missed quite a lot of racing.

It's very rare I've needed it, but it's saved me more than once in the past.

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

That's in recording settings, is this not correct?

8. nico6

nico6 Member

On iQ4, +30 is default for me, it comes up under 'recording options', accessible once you've set a show to record by hitting Record again

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ah ok ok, I'm looking at global settings. Looks like this extra length is available manually per recording.