Foxtel pricing + other Foxtel discussion

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Stooge007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. i_trin

i_trin Member

How does Foxtel survive. Boomers?

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Member

Without the sarcasm it's actually a good question. They are slowly adapting but their pricing and delivery still needs to be heavily adjusted.

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Legacy company/product people are familiar with and know is a large and reliable company. They are getting squeezed with the explosion of streaming services that arguably do things a lot better in many ways. Because they are getting squeezed they have to continually re-invent themselves to make the aging inflexible product work for people who now expect more for less money. If they don't change enough I have no doubt they will go the same way as the dodo.

4. i_trin

i_trin Member

The most annoying thing is ads and the fact you cannot watch in separate window on iPad.

5. nico6

nico6 Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  6. Duff Man

Duff Man Member

If I've read that right they're actually down on traditional residential and business customers but their Kayo, Binge and Now streaming services are which are keeping them afloat and increasing.

7. fanpeople

fanpeople Member

I wouldn't be surprised, a fair few old people's homes that I have been in still have those old boxes with the cards. Bit of a spin out when I see them. Feels like you are back in the 90s/early 00s

8. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Foxtel's main audience has always been males who watch NRL and/or AFL. How they get to that audience and what they pay for differs (ie, a group of 20 something bogan housemates vs a 35 year old tradie with the wife & kids vs a 65 year old sea-change retiree) but it's always been their core purchasing decision target.

How that changes as millennials and zoomers ditch non-internet based services (and how they broaden their target audience) & how foxtels product stack changes will determine how well Foxtel does in the next 10 years.

9. nico6

nico6 Member

10. Skramit

Skramit Member

My package expired today so I rang up and renegotiated all packs, minus kids, plus multiroom for $94 for 12 months.

It was that or $89 for 6 months without multiroom. but I want go give multiroom a shot now that i have a second TV

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Foxtel trying to reinvent themselves into something else. With all the rest of the streaming service coming along it's no wonder they need to change.

12. nico6

nico6 Member

13. Duff Man

Duff Man Member

I ended up negotiating on the fourth attempt...funny how as soon as you state you want to cancel it if they don't drop the price the chat session suddenly ends. This happened on three attempts. The worst chat sessions I've ever experienced and ended up having to ring them.

I've always detested major pricing differences in new customers vs ongoing customers and I got everything with multiroom minus Netflix..already have it and kids channels for $89 for six months. They wouldn't do it for 12.

I really like multiroom and for once the UI isn't too bad.

14. nico6

nico6 Member

Yeah, I simply skip the chat and even the 'renewal' people on the phone ... Say cancel or disconnect to the IVR and you'll get to those who can make a price difference first time

15. Duff Man

Duff Man Member

Oh thanks!
    Thats a great idea!

16. Skramit

Skramit Member

Thats what I do. Whenever you go to the regular sale people in South Africa they say shit like "there are no specials". lol

Then you say "okay cancel please". You get put through to the customer retention team who have ALLLLLL DA SPESHULS!

nico6 likes this.