Foxtel pricing + other Foxtel discussion

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Stooge007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Beanz

Beanz Member

Yep, well that makes alot of sense. That being the case, I wonder if you can just get a sports package..

Sorry OP, I'll stop this thread hijack now.

2. OP
    OP
    Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

very useful information

3. OP
    OP
    Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

you can get the basic package + sports for like $50 a month

i don't think you can get sports only (wish you could!)

4. samo

samo Member

I think if Foxtel did a sports only package for $30ish a month, pretty much every household in australia with a male living there would have a subscription.

it's a pity this type of subscription is not available. Most of the people I know who dont have foxtel always say things like they would get it if they could only get doco channels, or only get movies, only sport etc etc.

5. jerry7

jerry7 Member

This, this and this some more. I don't understand the logic for not doing this. $30 a month for just sports alone would be a huge market. I have a huge rant about this a couple of times a year.

6. T1tan

T1tan Member

was paying 76/mo for a standard + hd + docos + scifi/comedy/etc package channels.

When I move again I'll be doing the same - the only sport I'm really interested in is F1, which is on channel one anyway.

7. mrayner

mrayner Member

Yeah I don't have pay TV, but if they had this... I would find it hard to say no...

8. timsarg

timsarg Member

yup they keep ringing me up trying to get me to signup again and each time i tell them don't bother me until you have a basic flat fee of say $25 a month and then allow me to chose a channel for a small amount . Until then don't bother trying to get me to reconnect .

9. Guardian452

Guardian452 Member

1 IQ2 box
    Sports HD package (Get Started, Drama & Lifestyle, Kids & Music, Knowledge & Adventure, Sports and HD)
    $80/mth

Trick is to do the "I'm gonna cancel....poor value etc, plenty of other fish now - FetchTV, Freeview, online content providers etc etc" dance. They wont do it on the spot, they'll get their cancellations department to call back after a day or 2. They'll also seem to only offer a deal for 6 months, so at the end of that period you have to call them up and dance again, otherwise they'll revert to the standard tote.

I'm on my 3rd 6 month cycle at the moment. Firstly they did the same package as I now am on for $72/mth, 2nd cycle I got the a HD Gold package for $88/mth (same channels as above + 1 movie pack).

YMMV of course.

10. broccoli

broccoli Member

I've always said I'd get Foxtel if they let you pick what you want. I don't want sports and the kids channels and things like that. I'd just want movies and like the british comedies and whatever, but the movies seem to be the last thing you can get and you have to pay for everything else to have it. If you could just get a basic package and choose your channels it'd be better, but I'm not forking out $100 a month. It's too expensive when there's plenty you can watch on free to air or dvd.

11. Gruggy

Gruggy Member

I all of you chumps weren't forking out ridiculous fees for channels you're not even watching ($200/month WTF!?!?) then they'd be forced to change to a more refined pricing model. Until then, they're happy to take you for a ride selling near-worthless content at premium prices - AND ad space in between it.

12. timochy

timochy Member

i havent bothered ringing them to upgrade.
    $205 a month divided by 6 people is only $35 per person.
    thats pretty good for all channels...

13. evo800v

evo800v Member

How do you guys get the cheap rates? :shock: we have 1xIQ & 1xSD box for $130/month on satelite (All the movie channels, no sport).

Also get a recent letter from them about a $2 increase in the next bill.

Should i try the cancellation threat?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  14. shadowman

shadowman Member

IQ2 HD
    Platinum + HD
    $65/month

Does it count if my partner works for Telstra? :-D Also that is technically our bill, but she gets these reward points which converts to credits, so we’ve never paid for the Foxtel or Internet since we connected in August 2010.

I’ve already said if she ever stops working for Telstra and loses her staff discount, I’ll canning the service when the contract expires. I rarely get to watch the thing anyway, it’s stuck on Lifestyle Channel :rolleyes:

15. OP
    OP
    Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

that's the gist of it

haven't got around to calling them up yet myself

16. OP
    OP
    Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

urgh, seems like i will have to do the rolling 6 month price reduction

was on HD Gold @ $117 (i already have an IQ2 box)

only managed to get them to HD Platinum (all channels) @ $102 for 6 month contract (RRP $132, so $30 saving a month)

at first they only offered me the HD Platinum package at the same price as current ($117), but i told them to do better

i asked them to throw in multi-room for the $102, but they wouldn't budge :(

hopefully in 6 months will either get a free multi-room or cheaper monthly rates

hope this helps someone :)

17. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

heh.. unlucky

i just signed another 6 month contract on monday, HD gold at $86 p/m

i said i would sign for 12 months if they would do a better deal, but seems like 6 months is the longest they will lock in a discount for

the guy on the phone was quite honest saying to just ring back in 6 months and we'll work out another deal

18. OP
    OP
    Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

yeah, that's my plan, call back in 6 months

oh well, paying less than i was before and getting more channels, so i guess it's a slight win

19. remi.

remi. Member

Hey guys, I'm paying $100/month for iQ platinum (not iQHD). I'm in a bundle with home phone and internet with Telstra, so all up $248/month. Is there any chance to get discounts for just Foxtel? Or is it just for those who are billed by Foxtel?

:thumbup:

20. FFC

FFC Member

Call them and ask...my experience with Telstra is they do not discount Foxtel (especially upgrades to HD/moving premises fees), they give you a bundle discount - but if you're on an old plan you are probably getting ripped.

Work out what it would cost you with just the telstra products (home phone + internet), and then work out what you can get the same product for from Foxtel. Then compare it to the price Telstra are doing for the lot.