Foxtel pricing + other Foxtel discussion

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Stooge007, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

2. RagingKoala

RagingKoala Member

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Possible in terms of gleaming other discounts, perhaps.

4. EZYHD

EZYHD Member

If they ever had a sport only option it would be only time for us to return.

5. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

Foxtel are dying a slow and ugly death. I had used them for a year last year simply for Formula 1 and V8 Supercar coverage. Cancelled at the end of the motorsport season last year, which was an unnecessarily difficult process where I was put on hold multiple times for 5-10 minutes - an obvious attempt to discourage me from continuing with the call. I was also offered multiple deals, none of which worked in my favour. The funniest one was where they suggested I should keep my account active, paying $10 per month, but would not actually be able to watch anything because my account would be "on hold"!

Anyway, as unfortunate as it is, live sports coverage is going to suffer for the next few years as fewer and fewer people watch it via an expensive pay TV monopoly network. I hope and believe that most established sports will go the way of the NBA or MotoGP that offer streaming packages online direct from the sport-owned media entity. Smaller sports will probably have to cuddle up to FTA channels and then maybe cut deals with the likes of Stan, NetFlix and probably Facebook or Google. Which is a shame in a way because it will introduce the current state of unnecessary segmentation of content between streaming providers into sports coverage.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well that's what they tell us competition will bring....they're going to have to reinvent themselves or something, as profits diminish.

7. grommet80

grommet80 Member

I just recently cancelled, they tried not overly hard to keep me. I already had free HD and movies though.

For $10 they would give me 8 channels, or I could suspend the account for like 3 month I think.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

9. nico6

nico6 Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  10. krappo

krappo Member

11. nico6

nico6 Member

"Would you like to be paid well to play a couple of games of cricket in Switzerland, with plenty of time to relax in the Alps?"
    "Let me think about that. OK"

12. krappo

krappo Member

Fair Enuff :)

13. krappo

krappo Member

My currnet deal is up for negotiation...

Ent
    Docos
    Sport
    Movies
    HD
    For 3 Months for a Grand Sum of $56mo

New deai is as above for 6 months for $75mo, Including a IQ3 box to replace my vintage mystar IQ2.
    Even thou its a $19 monthly increase,I think its still a good deal overall :)

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

That's an excellent deal at $56, but much less so when it jumps to $75 imo. You're starting to get to the legendary $89 platinum price anyways (with iq3), and that includes everything.

15. krappo

krappo Member

They said they coudnt match the same deal i was on and the best that thaey could do was $65mo but with a IQ3 included on $10 more for 6 months, I will then phone and renegotiate after the 6mo is up. :)

16. mrhunnybunny

mrhunnybunny Member

Whats the advantage of an IQ3 over an IQ2?

Thats where I am getting to. I have a IQ and i have more programs recorded than i can ever watch, plus a gazillon torrents downloaded (only of non-copyrighted material naturally!)

My IQ recorded list seems onerous now, like I have a duty to watch the stuff i recorded and its oppressive. I have run out of space on my IQ so always have to delete stuff to make space, but I have at least 40 hours of stuff to watch from Foxtel alone. Given the cost and the fact I seem to spend more time on the net than watching TV these days, I think I am wasting my money.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I dont see a lot of difference between the two, obvious diff is the interface, having used both, the iq3 certainly does look easier, more intuitive and quicker.

18. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Is anyone using Foxtel Go (Not Foxtel Now) on PC?

I'm running Win 10 (1709) and Dual monitors, and continually get "This content is currently not available." on all channels.
    I've run through reinstalling the foxtel app, deleting a bunch of stuff, reinstalling silverlight, as advised on the Foxtel support forums, but still no go...

Footy season starts soon.

19. nico6

nico6 Member

Even non-subscribers get Sky News. Does that work?

20. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Nope. Same thing on that.