Free, fun online games that will run on Intel Integrated 530 graphics

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by toolsncorpses, Nov 21, 2016.

1. toolsncorpses

toolsncorpses Member

Got no GPU for now so QuakeLive is running on the on-chip GPU in the i5. But all they play now is PQL and it sucks tbh. So looking to get into something else. What you suggest?

Like Strategy / thinking / Command and Conquer + -esque / anything doesn't have to be real-time.
    Like FPS / action / as long as it's quirky and visual like Quake/Doom.

Sheesh wouldn't mind sinking my life into a single player RPG but will Dragon Age 1 run on this?

Thanks

Your bored friend,
    toolsncorpses

2. CordlezToaster

CordlezToaster Member

teamfortress 2

3. damo13579

damo13579 Member

hearthstone should work without an issue.

4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Some dude was playing Solitare on a beefed up monster with dual GTX1080 at PAX this year.

5. neRok

neRok Member

If you like Magic the Gathering card game, you can get Magic Duels game for free on Steam. It runs fine on my AMD iGPU.

6. OP
    OP
    toolsncorpses

toolsncorpses Member

Installed TF2, heh cool game, quirky too. Cool visuals. Thanks!

Not huge on card games type thing, unless there's lots of thought involved that I don't know about?

7. ORiGINAL

ORiGINAL Member

Lots, there's much more strategy/planning/theorycrafting in hearthstone than you realise.

8. Sjoepap

Sjoepap Member

Get the command and conquer ultimate pack for 5 bucks on Origin BlackFriday sales

9. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

As much as I have enjoyed my time with hearthstone overall and will probably keep coming back to it, I can't really recommend getting into it now. You'll be so far behind on cards to build a remotely competitive deck and even at the absolute lowest rankings people are playing the same netdecks that will destroy you. The state of the ladder is abysmal. 0 Creativity in decks anymore. Just the same shit over and over again. Its boring me now. I only play it for any good Tavern brawls or the occasional Arena run where some fun can actually be had.

The Beta for Gwent is up now. The Witcher card game. Looks cool. Graphics are pretty simple. Might work.

Otherwise, how do the various Mobas go on integrated graphics? Dota has pretty scalable settings, I'm sure you could get that working. Heroes of the Storm as well would probably work reasonably well.

For RPGs how about some classics. I'm sure Titan Quest would work fine, they even released a tweaked updated version not so long ago. Plays a lot like Diablo 2 but with a cool twist of combining two classes together.

For strategy there's plenty of solid older titles. That Command and Conquer pack that was recommended for $5 includes Generals and Zero hour which were pretty solid.

For shooters, I'm not sure how well CS:GO will work (probably not well), but CS:Source will probably play fine, and still has a solid community. Garrys mod for some of its fun game modes might work alright, play some Trouble in Terrorist Town

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  10. adr_an

adr_an Member

How about Unreal Tournament? Is that still around?

11. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

Don't underestimate the 530... it's actually pretty capable
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-530.148358.0.html

CS GO would be perfectly fine