1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Xbox 360 game deal

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Daexkor, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Daexkor

Daexkor Member

I'm no longer running this offer as it was so successful I'm no longer allowed to advertise the deal on a public forum. The deal is still available but only for people who know an Xbox Street Team member in real life or through word-of-mouth. Grats to all who got the games.

Hey all.

Thought I'd let you in on a deal that the Xbox Street Team is conducting atm.

Basically, if you're thinking of buying an Xbox 360, the Xbox Street Team are giving away free games as incentives to promote the product. Cool huh?

All you need to send me is:

- Your scanned receipt of purchase. (a photo is fine as well, the receipt just has to be legible)
    PLEASE NOTE: WE NEED THE FULL RECEIPT VISIBLE, NOT JUST THE PART WITH THE 360 PURCHASE SHOWN. MAKE SURE STORE DETAILS ARE THERE.
    - Your best picture of you and your new 360 (funny/original the better)
    - Your address to send the game to.
    - Your choice of one of the following games: (please include your top 3 choices in case we ran out of copies of your 1st choice)

LIMITED AVAILABILITY ON SOME OF THE TITLES! Apologies if we run out of a copy of a game.

OUT OF GAMES AT THE MOMENT. CHECK BACK LATER.

Also, don't know how long "later" will be.

PM me for my email address to send the details to or send me the details in a PM :D

So far I've given away dozens of games to various OCAU members who've seen this thread and messaged me. I thought I'd make a thread about the deal and share the love :lol: :thumbup:

So if any OCAUers out there are thinking about getting a shiny new 360, this offer may sway you.

For anyone asking whether this promotion is still running: IF THIS THREAD IS STILL VISIBLE AND NOT DELETED, THE OFFER IS STILL ON. So if you are reading this, it's still on. YAY! :D

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. -KoMoD0-

-KoMoD0- Member

...How does this work if your thinking of getting a x360?

3. maroun9

maroun9 (Banned or Deleted)

because getting a free game will give incentive to buy one

4. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

What I think Komodo means is that, if you're thinking of buying one, you wouldn't have a receipt?

5. Kow

Kow Member

I bought a broken 360 and getting it repaired now , but i have no games yet. Sooooo does that count? :)

6. Dynamics

Dynamics Member

Just bought an XBOX 360 last month

Sweet :D

now to get home & find the receipt

7. Wormmm

Wormmm Member

Coolio! ill take a pic when i get home :D

Do these games come in their cases with instruction booklets and what not or are they just the disks themselves? Not that it matters, a free game is a free game :D

8. romp

romp Member

I bought one in late May, is that too late?

9. Alfonzo

Alfonzo Member

Interesting.

I may be taking you up on that offer very shortly.

10. da_ilks

da_ilks Member

That's ghey, I want a free a game *mumbles whilst walking away from thread*

11. OP
    OP
    Daexkor

Daexkor Member

Bingo.

Hah, I wish it counted too man, I just got mine back from RRoD (fairly quick return for the repair) but no free game =\

PM me with the date and I'll talk to the guys running it.

I think for the most part they are promotional copies of the games, so some may or may not come boxed with instructions.

And to clear up any confusion, the free game is a reward/incentive for purchasing an Xbox 360.

I do not need your original hard copy receipt, all I need is a scanned copy.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  12. stuffisgood

stuffisgood Member

This sucks, I own 3 x 360s and they've never given me jack. And I've applied for the Street Team 3 times and never heard a word back from them. I guess they didn't want one of their most vocal supporters to have even more reason to promote them :confused:

13. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

That's awesome mate but I don't have a scanner! Expect an email once I find one :) Do you have a limit on how many you can give away?

Edit: Will a good photo of the receipt do? Or does it have to be scanned?

Edit2: Is this promotion just for sexy OCAU members, or does it extend outside our realm as well? I have a few mates who have purchased theirs around the same time as me.

Edit3: Stuffisgood should totally be on the team. Everytime I have a question regarding the xbox he seems to be the one answering it. Does more to promote the console to me than any MS employee ever has.

14. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Can I photoshop a receipt? :p

lol kidding.

15. Drnrg

Drnrg Member

so - i bought mine last December, am i a winnar?

16. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

they know they already have your support... if you get my drift...

17. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

One bought mid july, does that qualify?
    Cheers,

18. afro

afro Member

sounds cool, i just got an xbox so count me in.. cept i just got RROD so i wont be playing for a while..

19. OP
    OP
    Daexkor

Daexkor Member

Send me a PM mate and I'll go at the head offices guys to see if I can't get you in aye? They are recruiting so I don't know why they wouldn't grab you =)

I'm not sure of quantities, but I'll keep referring you guys as long as head office has stock, so far there's no problem. This isn't just for OCAU members, I just thought I'd let you guys know. If you have friends or family thinking of buying one or bought one recently, send me a PM. The offer to applies to all.

To everyone, thank you for the interest, it's been a great response, unfortunately for everyone that gets a game it seems that there's another one who just missed out due to the time restriction. If this changes in any way, I'll make sure I get back to those that PM me.

Yup, RRoD sucks ass, but send it off to them and get it fixed, they do a pretty good turn around on the repair, if you send it off now, you'll probably get it back around the time your free game comes :D

20. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Email sent. Can't wait. I borrowed a mate's DSLR and took dozens of pics to choose from. I'm not exactly a professional photographer though :p
    I assume these pics will get put up for some marketting campaign or something. That's pretty cool if that's the case.