Frostpunk

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by RnR, Jan 17, 2018.

1. neRok

neRok Member

Yep, good tip. I worked that one out during first play through.

So I've 99.9% completed hard mode. Game is too easy now, after implementing all my tips and other knowledge. Over time is great. The extra resources allows you to keep people warm and well-fed etc, so the discontent battle is not actually that hard.

I have taken the opportunity to smash out some achievements too. So not only have I done this play through on hard, I have only used Charcoal Kilns, no Steam or Advances buildings, I've hit 700 population, I've had no deaths, I've not "gone too far", had 15 automatons, 30 houses (300 pop) heated by 1 steam hub, and no child workers. I'm at the very end, final 3 temp drop point, but 1 person keeps dying. So I've just gotta whip out a couple of quick medic tents, and it should be in the bag.

And I have some tips regarding building, the first one from reddit (don't read if you want to work it out on your own);
    Build your first lot of houses 1 square out from the generator. This way, you can fit 12 in the circumference, instead of 10. And because they are still half in the heat zone, they count as warm.
    Similarly, build your steam hubs a bit further out, because the bigger circle size allows better placement. If you get desperate in the end game, you can put generator on range 2 setting, and then you have those empty squares for medic tents etc.
    And last one, with good placement I managed to have 1 steam hub set to level 1 range, and it was heating 2 steel works, 4 workshops, 2 schools, and 1 factory! That is great efficiency for the coal cost.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Don't forget to micromanage the steam hubs, if you are not already... they can be switched from being on 24 hours to only being on during working hours. Saves a few bits of coal :)

neRok likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Season pass is up... a mere $AU35... :Paranoid:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11780/Frostpunk_Season_Pass/

[​IMG]

4. Tinian

Tinian Member

This got boring quickly. Hopefully the expansions add some complexity to the gameplay.

5. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147010/Frostpunk_On_The_Edge/

6. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

7. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

played through the expansions and the game many times since buying, really worth it. But i think they said this was the last expansion, so that sux ;(

8. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

They have said that they will develop other games in the same universe/timeline.

9. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

Oh nice, but if its the same universe why not just make it an expansion ? unless its going to be completely reworked , or maybe a different engine. either way looking forward to it.

10. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Other games may not be city builder games. They haven't shown anything.