FROZEN CPU Close their doors..

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Kommandant33, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

(Source)

I don't know what to make of this - it will be interesting to see what unfolds!

I have a friend waiting on stock from FCPU

2. OmmO

OmmO (Banned or Deleted)

Ahh.. God that's brutal... Poor guy...

3. havabeer

havabeer Member

is it true though

4. kot0005

kot0005 Member

Damm I order a lot from Frozencpu. their shipping is cheaper than PCCG for small items. $7.99. Will they reopen in the future again?

I cant believe the warehouse got involved in this. People have some serious issues. I feel bad for all the customers and staff. But I think the owner is stupid for involving others for this personal addiction problems.

5. Anfs

Anfs Member

They were an excellent company.
    Their customer service is what these Aussie companies should try to emulate they were always willing to help and responded to emails very quickly.
    Feel sorry for the employees caught up in this mess hopefully someone comes along and buys the company and re-employes them all.

6. Enjoi

Enjoi Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  7. cheozuka

cheozuka Member

Apparently there is talk of a skeleton crew running on other forums. See what comes of it i guess

8. BigDave

BigDave Member

I've read the same on Bill Owens FB page :thumbup:

9. Flat-6

Flat-6 Member

Hmmm reading between the lines it sounds is if there may be some sour grapes being bandied around...

This was posted on overclock.net by a supposed ex employee...

"As a former employee, and one that knows what's going on;
    Lol to the owner, and its too bad for the employees.
    They were never being treated /being paid what they had to put up with.
    This was inevitable.

I wish the staff the best, and Mark can diaf for all I care.

Cheers
    Edited by Krud - Yesterday at 10:36 pm"

Something has gone down between management and staff, whether they have shut down for good... not too sure about that?

I have always had excellent service from them [even when I had to RMA a component once].

10. cheozuka

cheozuka Member

Apparently. There is evidence that there is noone at the shop etc. Watch jayz 2c video.

11. Jakusonfire

Jakusonfire Member

That thread was deleted because if the OP wasn't bad enough there were further posts from brand new one post members backing up the claims and continuing further with way over the top personal attacks on the owner.
    It had all the hallmarks of a deliberate hate and damage maximisation campaign.
    The only evidence was some slight disarray in the office. Oh No!! how could anyone or any business recover from that. ... Yeah right.

There was also a lot of fear mongering saying that the business was out to collect as much money as they could til it closed. ... How anyone could believe that is a bit beyond me, but then again, there are plenty of outright brain dead idiots on that forum. I guess they never heard of a charge back from paypal or the credit companies. From the way they were carrying on anyone would think that when an order was made that cash was immediately deposited into someones wallet and could never be seen again.
    Pure stupidity.

12. gokurulz10000

gokurulz10000 Member

My Frozencpu order arrived today thankfully was shipped last week

13. Velicoma

Velicoma Member

It could be both mate.

All automated ordering system, the owner might just have not updated the webpage yet with the close, and will just refund everyone ordering.

Shame, although, the postage costs were fairly prohibitive for us here.

14. Mrfocal

Mrfocal (Banned or Deleted)

I have talked to some people and can confirm that frozencpu is not closing it had problems with its staff so they are being replaced the rumors were started by the ex staff, he is currently work with a much smaller team so orders might take a bit longer but will still be shipped.

15. OP
    OP
    Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Yeah - it all still sounds like a bit of a mess...

Think about how many paypal reversals would have happened...

16. _slacker_

_slacker_ Member

You spoke to the owner himself?

I dont normally wade into rumours about businesses but this makes me curious as to why the fuck he wouldnt issue a statement on his site to quash the rumours and save his business.

I could take your above statement and interpret it in his mind as " i fucked up, then sacked all the turkeys out the back and fucked up again so am stuck here by myself trying to salvage whats left of my business"

I've had money taken by businesses taking orders and payment while having no intention of fulfilling the order and the process to get it back if the liquidators are already involved is tedious.

As once bitten twice shy laws apply to my supplier choices, I'll wait till the owner decides to be a stand up guy and makes an anouncement to counter the several claims made by employees, even if they may be bogus.

17. drummer

drummer Member

Dont take offence, but why should any one take your 'rumours' over the ones saying they are shut? Personally I will only believe an official statement right now.

If they are working skeleton staff why have no orders been shipped since it happened (surely at least one would have been) or customers contacted to say it will take longer, or an announcement on FB/Website. And why has the owner only announced they are not closing through other people.

To me the only truth in the whole situation is that they are not answering phones, it appears as if no-one is in the building and there are no orders being shipped.

I am not saying that it has gone under but either way they are not doing anything to protect their relationships with manufacturers, banks etc nor keep their name out of the mud in the community.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  18. Mrfocal

Mrfocal (Banned or Deleted)

Oh it's a mess for sure but Mark is doing his best to get everythinf sorted and some venders have reopened there own online stores to take a bit of weight off, so now is a good time ti buy watercooling gear.

19. _slacker_

_slacker_ Member

Some vendors have reopened? please explain. Are these vendors competition or his suppliers?

20. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

If this does turn out to be true (very likely) - then this really sucks. I've always had fantastic experiences ordering from FrozenCPU and their product range was excellent.

They will be missed :(