1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrating Multi Monitor 'Issue'

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by UnexpectedError, Jul 1, 2021.

1. UnexpectedError

UnexpectedError Member

Or, you know, user error.

Basically I have two screens. They run to my home PC via DP and my work usb thingymagiggy via HDMI.

I have to manually switch the screen inputs two flick between my PC and work PC. That's fine. However if I flick just one screen over it will keep the displays configured as if they are all connected and being displayed, when they are not, just one is switched over.

This means everything is on the wrong screen and I can't move it across because I can't see it. If I open a new window and it opens on the second screen, I'll have to switch it over to be able to drag it on to the other etc.

How do I get the PC to realise that a screen isn't active, without actually turning the screen off. Am I shit out of luck here?

2. Haillion

Haillion Member

I found when I had a similar problem if I closed the app that opens on the disabled screen from the taskbar on the enabled screen by right clicking on it and clicking close, when I open he app next time it would open on the enabled screen, but only until I next time I enabled a different screen, which would mean I would have to repeat this process to have it on that screen. If that makes sense.