1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuji X-Pro1

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Modafroman, Jan 6, 2012.

1. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Digidirect offered me a similar deal. Was seriously tempted. Not sure why they are so aggressive with the pricing.

Henry's Camera in Canada have a video of the upgrade

2. pop4

pop4 Member

I've got the body and lenses all running firmware 2.00, and AF speed has improved, especially the 60/2.4, along with general camera responsiveness.

3. MR-X

MR-X Member

Great to hear. I get my camera + 35mm either tomorrow or Friday. Will be updating straight away. Do know if I can go from 1.0 to 2.0 or do I need 1.11 first.

Ollie :)

4. crispy12

crispy12 Member

Each firmware update is a full firmware file, doesn't matter what the previous version is.

That price drop is incredible. Really tempting now. I'm also wondering why the sudden massive drop, that price was body only a few weeks ago but now includes the 35

5. Intric8

Intric8 Member

body + 35 is a damn good price.

6. Tomee

Tomee Member

EDIT; nvm didnt read

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  7. adktz

adktz Member

The recent price drop has me very interested. Has anyone tried using the M-mount adapter? I can't find too much information online. If I wanted to use an M lens (with only manual focus), then is it an okay experience using the EVF to focus?

A bunch of new lenses announced:

SLRmagic - 35mm f/1.4 and 23mm f/1.7
    http://www.fujirumors.com/two-new-x-mount-lenses-from-slrmagic-a-35mm-f1-4-and-a-23mm-f1-7-lens/

Zeiss - 12mm f/2.8, 32mm f/1.8 and 50mm f/2.8
    http://www.fujirumors.com/next-great-news-zeiss-announces-three-new-lenses-for-the-x-system/

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  8. killerwombat

killerwombat Member

The new pricing has me really interested, a much better deal than the X-E1 introduced at just under $1K.

9. MR-X

MR-X Member

Well with any luck tomorrow by this time of the day I will have in my hot little hands the following gear;

X-pro1
    35mm f1.4 Fujinon Lens
    8gb 95mb/s Sandisk SD Card
    UV Filter.
    Price= $2k. Bought locally. The timing couldn't have been better to be honest.

I have also ordered the grip for $132. Which I am sure I could get cheaper somewhere but not that much cheaper and it is again local.

Going to be an interesting learning curve with this camera. Having used only Nikons so far, apart from my Hasselblad 500 C/M which I also love shooting with, this will be a whole new world for me to some respects.

Ollie :)

10. RichoB

RichoB Member

So. Tempted. Must. Resist.

11. psychedelic

psychedelic Member

Gee, 2.0 firmware actually did make a difference to AF and manual focus.. 3x magnifier is so much better too

12. pop4

pop4 Member

Now if they'd only implement number 1 on my personal wish list for the next firmware update: in AF mode, pressing the command dial to enter the AF selection menu, i.e. make it do the same thing as pressing the AF button. I hate having to move the placement of my left hand every time I want to change the AF point!

13. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I've tried one of these out with the new 2.0 firmware and it is a lot better, really a significant improvement. New price is good too, compelling option.

14. bass87

bass87 Member

Just curious as to why everyone is still so keen on the X-Pro 1, the only pro I can see is the optical viewfinder, which is limited with certain lenses. Anyone care to explain? I'm currently in the market and I was set on waiting for the X-E1 to drop in Aus and getting it straight away.

15. OP
    OP
    Modafroman

Modafroman Member

Because people love optical viewfinders.

Plus:

http://camerapro.net.au/advanced_se...4b5cfe2b003de62f8f22da1d1977a&keywords=fuji+x

X-Pro1 body price is cheaper than X-E1 preorder price atm ;) :p

16. bass87

bass87 Member

Interesting prices, I normally just use B&H for my initial price checking and the prices are the total opposite there atm.

17. pop4

pop4 Member

18. pop4

pop4 Member

There's new lens firmware out for the XF 18/2.0, 35/1.4 and 60/2.4 lenses, available from the Fujifilm website:

19. locopano

locopano Member

Has anyone used the updated firmware with non-Fuji manual focus lenses? Any feedback?

If you guys didnt mention the ridiculous drop in price i wouldn't be considering forking out $1000 for the body! I cant believe how cheap it is, Even $1545 after tax refund inc lens is tempting, if i get it from link below with 35mm Lens

http://camerapro.net.au/fujifilm-in....html?osCsid=f4f4b5cfe2b003de62f8f22da1d1977a

When its that cheap one cant resist -im in Tokyo tomorrow so if its as cheap as duty free i will make an irrational purchase.

I just need to confirm manual focus is decent, but from what i hear this 35mm is probably as good as my M mount 35mm (CV 1.4)

20. crispy12

crispy12 Member

I was considering this camera for m mount lenses, but all the forums I've read say that native lenses offer equal or better IQ, and better usability with AF lenses than MF RF lenses.