fUnc 1030 moUse sUrface

Discussion in 'Modding' started by blitz_syd, Jan 8, 2004.

1. blitz_syd

blitz_syd Member

hey guys,

who owns one of these babies?
    i just got my today in the mail and its mad :)

soooo smooth. my mx700 glides like a baby :)

does anyone know if you can buy a replacement surface? i know its reversable but its not really worth buying another bottom part when the surface is worn out.

also are both surfaces on the mat the same ? or are they different?

2. grimpanda

grimpanda Member

Err, each side is distinctly different. One side is smooth, one is rough.

I don't think you can get replacement pads, and if you could, i doubt it would be much less than a complete new pad.

3. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

yeah i think they havent made it cost effective by making replacment bits almost near to new.. gotta sell mouse pads one way i spose

4. OP
    OP
    blitz_syd

blitz_syd Member

have you guys got one? how long you had it for? and have you noticed any wear on it yet?

5. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

nah i havent got one

my friend made one out of this crazy polymer thing that was mad cuz we could use a router to make it any shape we wanted

but mines not a good specimen sadly :(

6. OP
    OP
    blitz_syd

blitz_syd Member

lol ... i was a bit unsure about spending $60 on mine. but than after using it today it is just SOOOO SMOOTH. its unbelievable ... definately worth it.

7. grimpanda

grimpanda Member

I've got one. I've had it for about 6 months, perhaps more. I know around five other people who are hardcore CS players with 10 hour a day habits and have had theirs for over a year.

The smooth side will wear down eventually if you dont use mouse skates (i'm using Hyperglide skates - www.hyperglide.net), but otherwise, it should be fine.

I've found that the rough side is far better with the skates I'm using. I game for roughly 5 - 10 hours a day on average, and the rough side of the pad is as new.

If you lose your skates, or they wear down, just replace them. They are overpriced for what they are, but they'll keep your pad in good condition.

8. OP
    OP
    blitz_syd

blitz_syd Member

ta for the info grimpanda

i have noticed that mouse feet are overpriced. do you think it would be worth replacing the mx700's feet? or are they good enough to be used until worn out?

9. grimpanda

grimpanda Member

If the feet are still smooth and not all scratched up, yeah, they should be fine. I used my logitech dual optical without any feet for quite a while and only bought feet when they wore right down to the plastic.

I highly recomend the hyperglide skates. I have tried the everglide ones commonly available from PCCG and other places like that, they absolutely sucked. They lasted around 20 hours before they started to loose their initial smoothness, and after about 100 hours they had completely work through. Steer clear.

10. OP
    OP
    blitz_syd

blitz_syd Member

well the ones i have on my mx700 are very smooth. a bit worn down and a few scratchs. but its really really smooth.

i'm not a mad mad gamer where i need to worry about giving head shots every kill so i might just save my money on the skates for a while

11. bno

bno Member

should have bought a bpad... they are washable and the surface doesnt ever loose its glide....

12. Bonkers

Bonkers Member

but the real question is, are they as smooth as the fUnc?

13. OP
    OP
    blitz_syd

blitz_syd Member

func are func tastic

cause they are washable and according to dan @ dansdata ... 8 hours of use for a year and a half started to show some wear and tear

14. l00b3r

l00b3r (Banned or Deleted)

bpad is high fucking quality.

bno's gets enough usage each day and it hasnt worn 1 bit :)

cant beat it.

-Matt

15. OP
    OP
    blitz_syd

blitz_syd Member

how much are they and where from?
    did a little search and couldn't find anything

16. Elysium

Elysium Member

You won't be able to get a replacement rubber base for it.
    I've tried.
    Had my func pad for almost 4-5 years now. I haven't noticed any wearing out though, but i only use the rough side.

17. l00b3r

l00b3r (Banned or Deleted)

My Brother makes them :)

pm bno if you want details, but they are the size of an A3 peice of paper :D
    (perfect for low sensitivity gamers)

-Matt

18. bno

bno Member

well the only reason that you couldnt find one is because i havent started selling them at a higher capacity yet...

but if u want a look ill send you a photo

the number 3 in the world for unreal 2k3 Snoop*dx uses it, he ditched his ice mat over it, also the top 4 players in au use it and swear by it... and half of clanfear *clan i am in have them* plus a few cs'er as well

19. mattz0r

mattz0r Member

Iv been using my func for ages now, with my old dual optical and now mx500 (both with teflon skatez).

If you want a really smooth surface, get the func with teflon skatez. But a more 'playable' surface, i have found to be, is a more textured one. I just found i played better with a tiny bit of grip.

I also found that my func is a little too small for my (very low) sensitivity, so im considering getting the DKT pad (A3 size, probably similar to the BPad).

Basically it comes down to personal preference, so i recommend anyone who wants a good pad to try multiple models (say if friends have them, or check others' setups at your local lan) and see which one suits your playing style the best :)

Out of interest btw, bno what do you sell the PBads for? cheers.

20. supreme

supreme Member

ive had my func for over a year now and the only wear it has is the rubber where my wrist rests has gona a different colour and out of shape a little but its still good