G19 The Keyboard with a Monitor - If you have a G19 you must come inside.

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by d-dave-b, Nov 23, 2011.

1. d-dave-b

d-dave-b Member

Hi Guys,

I know there has been discussion about these monitors before, but as far as I can tell there hasn't been an official thread specifically about the G19's Monitor, Apps for it, and things that you can do for the SCREEN itself, so I wanted to make this thread about the G19 and it's awesome little 320x240 Monitor.

I wanted to bring up the potential the G19 has for us Overclockers, Tinkerers and Enthusiasts. Ever been playing a game and wished that you had real time gauges to see how hot everything is on the fly?

Well... look no further, here is a screen that I designed (with the help of a template I stole off the net after a few massive changes) for my G19's display, and boy do I love it SO SO much.

[​IMG]

It's using a program called AIDA64. This is just my first page of data so far, it's my overall "summary" page, however it's possible to have up to 4 pages worth of info, so I'm going to eventually have those four pages filled with info. The second page I'm working on at the moment. I think I've done a pretty awesome job.

You can download AIDA 64 here.

I also have my G19 keyboard keys showing Red and the G13 keys showing blue on the right and left respectively, it looks so cool in unison with the screen, such awesome devices.

In case anyone is interested, here are some other templates that I've found around on the net.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is the transparent PNG of one of the main one's above so that you can put any background that you might so desire :)

[​IMG]

Here below are some pictures of some final layouts that others around the net have created for themselves, of varying degrees of quality.

[​IMG]
    This is one of my favorites, though I can't figure out how he did the graphs, it seems that it might be a feature that was in Everest, but perhaps not in AIDA64 because I can't seem to figure out Graphs.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is another awesome set of work, it shows the evolution this guy has gone through from a few setups it seems, I don't even know if it's the same guy, but they're all using the same template because it's a pretty good one :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If anyone would like help designing or creating something please ask and I'll give any advice needed. I think this is something that ALL G19 owners should have and if you don't then YOU CRAZY!

What else have G19 owners done with their G19 that I might not have done that they'd like to share here?

2. TheBradl3s

TheBradl3s Member

Thankyou SO MUCH!!!! Ive been looking for something like this for so long!! Although, I'm a lil' bit confused as to how to add the templates?

If you could help with that it would be great.. thanks!

Don't worry, I worked it out, Thanks so much again!

- Brad

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  3. OP
    OP
    d-dave-b

d-dave-b Member

Once you've downloaded AIDA64.

You need to go to File - Preferences.

Then there is a section that is "LCD" and you have to enable the LCD screen, then click on the next section, and insert all of the things you want to your hearts desire :)

4. hvalac

hvalac Member

Cheers for that, I think you just turned the tide in the g19's favour.

5. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

This is the coolest thing I've seen all day and may swing me towards the G19!

6. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

+1 to the love of this tool with the G19! :D

Love it... be aware though, aida64 can lock up cards to if you have msi afterburner running with hardware monitoring and aida64 aswell.

VRM's don't like multiple programs accessing them and thus can increase gpu vcore to get maxed out (eg my 5870's go to 1.6v and crash! :( ).

So disable all other hardware monitoring you have going on if you use aida/everest!

7. TheBradl3s

TheBradl3s Member

after maybe an hour or so of fiddling, finally got mine finished :D Thanks so much for this, Ive been looking for something exactly like this and its even better than I hoped!

[​IMG]

The print screen wasn't the best, but you get the idea.

- Brad

8. Munki

Munki Member

That's really cool.

Must....Resist...Purchasing....Keyboard......

9. t3h

t3h Member

Nice!

My G19's screen has not been seeing a lot of usage. I'll try this when I'm at home.

10. thedirkdiggler

thedirkdiggler Member

this thread looks that good, i might buy the keyboard , thought it was a real wanker adon , but hey those temps and shit look cool.

11. T-O-D

T-O-D Member

Been doing the exact same thing for ages on my G19.

AIDA64 = best program ever :D

12. Rod911

Rod911 Member

If you can't afford/willing to splurge out on a G19 and just want the information AIDA64 spits out, the G510 works well with AIDA64, but it ain't just as pretty as its younger sibling. :( :lol:

13. mattg

mattg Member

great idea makes me want to upgrade from my old blue G11! :D

14. aokman

aokman Member

the g19 is dam tempting, always has been but i dont like keyboards that require their own power and the logitech keyboards always seem to wear away the keys quick :(

15. Reanimated35

Reanimated35 Member

LOL

I just did a basic screen with AIDA yesterday.

Thanks very much for the templates though. There goes my night.

Click to view full size!

16. Reanimated35

Reanimated35 Member

17. Alba

Alba Member

18. roamin

roamin Member

these look excellent! i have had my g19 for some time now and for a while there i was trying to get aida to work with my g19 but all it would show is the g15 screen on my g19, looks crap.

id still love to get this working.

its inspired me to try and get it working. will give it another shot tonight.

aida frustrated the heck out of me though as there was no g19 only g15. i tried all sorts of things, but g19 just would not show up. grrrrr :mad:

19. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

That's friggin sweet as. Didn't know these things were so customizable. I now know what my next purchase is going to be :thumbup: Thanks davde-d!

20. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Don't you need to pay for AIDA64? This is why i don't want to use it. Otherwise i am happy to use it. My current setup works but looks less pretty and slightly cluttered.