GearBest Contest #1: Win a Mini TV Box!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Agg, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

OCAU sponsor GearBest have two new contests for OCAU members. This first one is to win an Android-based Mini TV Box:

[​IMG]
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_211700.html

Entering is very simple! Just reply to this thread, saying:

1. Why YOU need this Mini TV Box
    2. What your impressions are of GearBest

No sucking-up required, they seem genuinely interested in feedback. Entries will close on the 22nd of August at 11:59pm. I'll pick my favourite entry according to my own mysterious set of criteria and announce the winner in this thread.

2. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

i need it because reasons.

i've never heard of gearbest.

hmm.
    i'm not sure i'm doing this right.

3. PunX0r

PunX0r Member

1. My hacked together ATV2 is really starting to struggle on Kodi and I would love to try something new. These Android boxes have always intrigued me, by never enough to actually buy one. I know that if I like it, my entire family will be lining up to get them due to the ATV2 being too expensive.
    2. This was my first visit to the gearbest website and from my first impressions they look like a pretty cool gadget site. They really need a bit more organisation on their website though, everything looks really cluttered and they seem to have tried to cram as much as possible in to the one page. I will be back to check them out from time to time though.

PunX0r

4. akromatic

akromatic Member

because i never had one and interested to find out what it can offer

only heard about them but they seemed to have a few things that interests me being a gadget lover and im looking for a reason to try them out

5. FqqTBawL

FqqTBawL Member

1. I have a T-Box. It is crap. This certainly looks flash and interesting!

2. Although I have had no dealing with GearBest, their website shows that they have some fantastic gadgets on there.

6. Bush Elephant

Bush Elephant Member

Because I don't have a TV

Never heard of them, watched the youtube video on this product and see potential. Will follow with curiosity.

7. datfreak

datfreak Member

My media room pc has just died, and to prevent myself from selling my bored and irritating children to the next circus in town I need a replacement that can stream movies to entertain them.
    Think of the children.

I buy some stuff from Aliexpress, but read a review of a Gearbest item recently that got me browsing their site.
    I found the prices for some items (chuwi hi8 tablet pcs for example), were on par or slightly cheaper then the Ali sellers.
    I think if they prove reliable and have fast shipping to AU, they will be useful as a Ali alternative.

8. jji7skyline

jji7skyline Member

1. I need this so I can have a device for lazy consumption of media without having to sit in front of my desktop computer!

2. The website seems well built, decent prices all round. Needs a favicon though!

9. azalin79

azalin79 Member

1. Its sounds likea really good little unit. Smart TV without owning one :thumbup:

2.Good site with solid range of stuff. Will be buying some items now i've come across this site.

10. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

1. Why YOU need this Mini TV Box.

I setup HTPCs for people as part of my job and am a pretty heavy HTPC user. I've never suggested Android HTPC devices because I've never found them to be a solid experience, but having one of these in my hands may change that opinion, which could mean quite a lot of future business for GB. ;)

So far so good. Shipping is a little slow but the prices are great. About to order a bunch of K3 Notes.

11. Lasmi

Lasmi Member

1. Because I really want it and it would be wrong to buy another media player just a few weeks after buying the very nice Beelink Windows 8.1 player (now upgraded to W10). It will also save me having to buy a device for my parents as they can have the "old" player for Netflix.

2. Their postage estimates are accurate aka a bit slow for someone who wants instant gratification. Pay for a postage upgrade. Other than that they have a wide range of choices, their specials are the best price available and the specials are on new tech not just end of life stock.

12. ASASN

ASASN Member

1. Because it would be approximately 59.8kg lighter than what I currently have.

2. I'll let you know when you send it to me :lol:

13. ginger_nuts

ginger_nuts Member

Don't need it, but I would sell off my current AM3 HTPC, sitting in a Medium size case under the TV.

I will have to window shop a bit more when the wife is sitting next to me :D

14. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

1. Because I dont have the ability to stream to anything with my current setup (poor me)

2. Nothing but good!

15. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

1. I currently use a wdtv and its crap. This will be alot better and easier to use.

2. Gearbest have been great. My last purchase of 2 dash cams came in time and have been working great.

16. danyell

danyell Member

1. I need this unit 'cos my existing kodi box doesn't handle 4K, or for that matter, 1080p all that well. Plus, I really like shiny, black, NEW tech gear and will lovingly caress it each night before my movie and TV viewing session and once more, before I retire for bed.

2. I'm impressed with Gearbest. I looked up the new Lenovo K3 Android phone and I swear, the advertisements for that unit followed me doggedly from site to site for weeks, luring me to purchase the phone. I didn't give in, but Gearbest is stuck in my mind now and I'll purchase from them in the future as a result.

17. fnp

fnp Member

1. I need one because my rather elderly Core 2 Duo HTPC needs replacing

2. Never heard of Gearbest, TV Box looks good. Small, low power use, should be grunty enough for whatever a HTPC does. If only it was VESA mountable...

18. pb3xunleashd

pb3xunleashd Member

Thanks gearbest for the competition

1: I don't own a mini tv box. I would love to try one. This one in particular would be more than suitable for what I use it for.

2: I have purchased from gear best many times in the past. Mostly E-Cigarette/Vaping gear, but also a gadget or 2. Easily over $1000 worth of purchases, and will continue in the future to look there first for my e-cig gear. The website is easy to use, and moving the e-cig stuff to its own domain/URL made my process even more efficient.

19. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

1) because my htpc is playing up and I'd like something to shut up my Apple obsessed spouse! Save me from having to buy an Apple tv! I'm also a kodi user so this would be perfect.
    2) if I win, overwhelmingly positive :)

20. Gus the Mus

Gus the Mus Member

1. I need this because I'm trying to setup a half decent HT and my Panasonic Plasma doesn't play nicely with streamed files from my PC. Most importantly though, my wife will probably leave and take the kids if I spend any more money on hardware! :Paranoid:
    2. GearBest can be nothing but awesome for being a sponsor of the greatest forums (Clarkson voice)"in the world"!(/Clarkson voice) :D