GeForce NOW

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Agg, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Hard to say exactly which forum this goes into. Anyway, NVIDIA have announced GeForce NOW, which some people are describing as "Netflix for games". GeForce NOW is the first cloud-gaming service to stream at full high-definition 1080p quality and at 60 frames per second. Membership costs just $7.99 a month with the first three months free. GeForce NOW arrives on Oct. 1 in North America, the European Union and Japan with more than 50 popular games included. And it offers members the option to buy and play many more in an instant. More info here on PCWorld. Not sure when it's coming to Australia.

2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

Wow. First I've heard of this as I don't really follow gaming development anymore.
    Very interesting concept and something I'd likely try at some point....
    But imagine the data costs!

3. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Definitely designed for countries that aren't the third world of the Internet (i.e.: not Australia).

I could see this being an amazing option in countries like the USA, Japan or Singapore.

4. OzJustin

OzJustin Member

This is a very interesting concept. Given the popularity of Netflix and the fact that the gaming industry is now bigger than the movie industry I'm surprised that this hasn't come along sooner. Here's to hoping Australia's internet can cope with the demands...

5. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Lol for me it's more like GeForce NEXTWEEK.

6. poleposition

poleposition Member

Very interesting concept, I guess more dependency on a data connection (in this case all dependency) for me seems to be locking away any alternative playing if the connection dies.

At least with downloaded games you can still play if your connection dies. Better yet, hard copy games work without any data connection.

Still a very interesting idea though, seems like nothing physical has much value to it anymore. I love collecting hard copy games.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member