1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

General Photography Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by csimpson, Dec 16, 2009.

1. 13atman

13atman Member

..what have you been using this whole time?

2. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

There is a MUP with 110 3.5 on Gumtree atm for $600 in Melb.

3. Panda1833

Panda1833 Member

Does anyone have any recommendations as what kinda of outcome I should attempt to negotiate in terms of volunteering as one of the photographers for an event?

Should I give them unlimited usage rights or what are my options? I'm a bit unsure in terms of the copyright surrounding photography.

4. millsy

millsy Member

I don't really edit my pictures that much/at all, never been a huge fan of it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  5. Azrael

Azrael Member

Do they look like this then:
    [​IMG]
    ?

6. millsy

millsy Member

:lol:

I don't really get the hate though :confused:

7. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

His point is that "processing" has been part of photography for as long as there's been photography.

You're simply choosing to let the camera do it instead of doing it yourself, which is fine if you think the camera knows what you want better than you do.

8. Deftone2k

True!

Horses for courses :) I am learning about 'darkroom' processing with trial and error at the moment.. O.G Photoshop.

9. millsy

millsy Member

Ah right, I wasn't following the negative reference originally but I'm with him now.

I'm usually fairly happy with how my pictures are taken, but I'd like to see what the result could be if I used lightbox or similar instead of just letting the camera do its thing.

10. Azrael

Azrael Member

Wasnt so much any negativity, just pointing out that you are editing your photos whether you like it or not.

11. millsy

millsy Member

Yeah all good, I missed the message originally and read your post the wrong way :)

12. ncsa

ncsa Member

Does anyone have a recommended insurance to cover art work which is to be on display in a gallery - do you take the risk of theft / fire or get a cover note?

13. Deftone2k

I took the risk but it was a smaller gallery and it was manned at all times. I believe the gallery had insurance as well and honestly the value wasnt worth the effort.

14. ncsa

ncsa Member

Thanks .. I think for this time I will also just take the risk ... while they have insurance it does not cover any property other than their own

15. millsy

millsy Member

Just to report back I ended up with a 35mm f/1.8G nikkon and the afore mentioned 18-105.

I thought 18-105 was about bang on for everything I saw, would have liked a little more reach here and there but I have fairly wobbly hands so I don't know how well it would have gone even with stabilisation.

Only really used the 35mm at night as the 18-105 is pretty nice stepped down.

16. Azrael

Azrael Member

Spending a bit of time trying to sort out how to organise the ICU in the Loka. Currently i have it like this:
    [​IMG]

Thats roughly what will be carried in it. Any thoughts on better organisation?

17. trackhappy

trackhappy Member

Any way you can put extra padding around the lens in the middle? That's the only issue I can see.

18. nakey

nakey Member

What's an acceptable price for a shitty 110 film shitty point and shoot? $100? It's like almost $50 for shipping alone...

It IS, however, the exact same model as the the first serious camera i've ever had, down to the same freaking colour. the first one that isn't from a 2 buck shop that needed 126 film and that totally encapsulated the film.

Yes, i'd pay the hipster price for lomo 110 film just for childhood memories (that's one reason i bought the Instax...)

Should I buy? should i not? Should i buy and go to my daughter when she's a bit older: "your daddy learned to shoot with this. i know you're used to digital, but this is a bit different..."

19. Nafe

Nafe Member

I prefer to keep my camera bodies aligned along the centre of my backpack, to distribute the weight more evenly.

20. Azrael

Azrael Member

Yeah, but with that width it seems to waste a lot of space that way. Ill give it a go though.