1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

General Photography Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by csimpson, Dec 16, 2009.

1. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Cheers - so either the Kenko or Meike brand off eBay fits within that ~$30 price range - as long as it shows there's some electrical contacts in the tube...

2. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

I know some are patched up but these ones certainly ain't.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-Au...raphic_Accessories&hash=item3f37c45a85&_uhb=1

Not into macro much so I don't know if reflections are that prevalent anyways.

I got some hk ones for <10 without the contacts to try reduce the MFD of my sammy 85. Works out fine with the lens being MF anyway.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  3. birdie

birdie Member

4. Unframed

Unframed Member

Getting roped into editing video footage of a relative playing football. Not only did I pretty much get cornholed into it but it was shot by his parents on a GoPro from WAY behind the sidelines.

280% zoom looks disgusting. I'm sure I'll get blamed but like fuck I'm giving them my BlackMagic to film him.

5. dodgyexposure

dodgyexposure Member

Is it so grainy that you could insert a Yeti (or choose your own fictional character) without it being obvious?

6. Unframed

Unframed Member

There could be yeti footage in there. It's rough.

7. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

8. manymoments

manymoments Member

Great interview, a neart little insight to the inner workings of Deftone2k. :thumbup:

9. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

10. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

11. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Always been a fan of your work Jack. Always look forward to seeing new stuff from you :D

12. lionman

lionman Member

I really like your work. Its always nice to get a glimpse of the person behind the camera.

13. The_Shadow

The_Shadow Member

Can anyone tell me if there is any place in Melbourne that would sell a Pentax K mount to Canon EF adapter so that I can use my K mount lenses on an EF body? I'm looking to get one before or on the weekend instead of having to wait 2 weeks to get one via ebay.

14. dodgyexposure

dodgyexposure Member

It might be worth giving these guys a call - http://www.cameralane.com.au/. They sell a lot of different (i.e. non Canon/Nikon/Sony) stuff.

15. Taverner

Taverner New Member

16. trackhappy

trackhappy Member

So I've been a bit quiet here lately, which is mainly due to me being sick. But another reason is I'm also really fucking bored.

I want to take my camera out more often when I go to tafe, but I just can't be arsed, it won't fit in my laptop bag (so I have to take the enormous Lowepro which probably makes me stand out like a clown with his cock out), and frankly, Brisbane just seems boring.

I don't know if I've just become desensitized to it, but I look around and there's just nothing I feel like shooting. Everything I've walked past hundreds if not thousands of times. Nothing stands out anymore. Nothing seems interesting or exciting. Even the buskers feel like friends now. How do people get over this?

I've also been curious about shooting Sydney and Melbourne, how do these stack up in comparison? I went to Sydney, the Blue Mountains and out Bathurst in 2012 and I absolutely loved it, although I didn't get much time to shoot. But I'm still keen to see how they stack up. I feel like a holiday soon, I hardly ever travel and I'm just really tired of being stuck here. :tired:

</rant>

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  17. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

Fuck... You should try living where I do then if you feel you have nothing to shoot. Then you will appreciate just how much you have close by.

But saying that I find you get accustomed to seeing your surroundings all the time. But, most people don't see what you do and what may be mundane for you may be interesting for others.

I also do challenges where I have to do a photo per day with the one lens for the whole month. Makes you look at the things you see all the time in a different way as you may not be using the lens you would normally use for that subject. It can be hard, but I find it worthwhile. I get more great shots those months where I participate in this, than the times I do not.

18. trackhappy

trackhappy Member

Yeah, I know I have it well compared to some people who live in the sticks. But I'm still bored/ :lol:

I've also been thinking about the photo per day challenge, but I need a decent all rounder bag that I can throw my laptop and its accompanying plethora of cables into, my camera with lens, and a gym towel etc. I hate having to carry my Lowepro everywhere, and while it's a great bag, it's also so big that I might as well just bring my entire kit anyway - it all fits.

Maybe once I get a new bag I'll be more inclined to take some photos.

19. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

If only there were shops in Brisbane that sold bags. Maybe next year you might be able to find one. /sarcasm

Just go somewhere, I'm sure you get days off where you don't need to use the laptop excuse. There is so much within easy reach of Brisbane. There are others areas of Brisbane than the shit you see every day. I see you are northside (4510) go over bayside and try some seascapes etc. Brisbane festival is coming up. So much entertainment around for the month. So many fireworks at Riverfire.

I wish I had your opportunities.

20. trackhappy

trackhappy Member

Yeah, I guess so. It's just hard when you've hit a bit of a flat spot - and when you haven't got a whole lot of money, and when you haven't got a car, or even your learners yet, but I have only myself to blame for that.

Maybe I do just need a breath of fresh air, I would love to move closer to the city, or even into the city, if decently priced inner city high rise apartments are a thing.

Eh, one day at a time.