General q re watercooling and modding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by vladtepes, Sep 5, 2017.

1. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

I am doing (slowly, ,ore planning than doing at the moment) a Steampunk PC project.

It will certainly not be a clone of the EVIE pc
    http://www.bit-tech.net/reviews/modding/mod-of-the-month/mod-of-the-month-august-2016/4/

but I do draw some inspiration from that build.

The more I think about it the more I think that I should (or at least might) include some sort of water cooling, to keep in with the nautical theme.

I've never had anything to do with watercooling before - and a project like this would require copper tubes be used...

The other issue, though, is that the hardware I am using is recycled from a mediaPC and there is no NEED to watercool it. Further, I have no intention of upgrading the hardware spec as I have another computer for the heavy lifting. This is more fro show than go.

So what am I asking? I'm not even sure.

Can someone point me toward any good watercooling tutorials sites and/or tutorial videos ?

Any and all suggestions, thoughts, comments etc are welcome.

(Yes I did consider putting this in the water-cooling forum but I wasn't sure where was best as it kind of relates to both...)
    I couldn't find the answers to these questions there, so far anyway.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. havabeer

havabeer Member

you could do a good steam punk build with out water in my opinion.

especially with copper heat pipes etc with the fans painted right it could fit right in. i've always wanted to do a steam punk build but actually have moving parts in the case, like an crank shaft turning slowly or flyball governors spinning

3. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

googling steam punk returns plenty of ideas without water cooling:thumbup:
    the best way to learn water cooling is to jump right in & have a go, learn from your mistakes

4. Defyant

Defyant Member

+1 :thumbup: