General RC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by deanx0r, Dec 26, 2001.

1. lupin

lupin Member

Correct. You always get what you pay for. Buy cheap, get cheap.

But Jaycar have that thing way too highly priced.

2. toopy28

toopy28 Member

Jaycar Have most of their items way to highly priced.

3. Dorz

Dorz Member

finished working on my ta05, again. hadnt taken it out in a while, figured i better give it a flog.

had to glue one of the belt cog sides back on, as it had come off the front 1way diff and the belt would slip sideways... while i was at it i adjusted the suspension angle, and put softer shocks on.

after that i came inside and bought a hpi e10 kit, which was $100, just for the shell pretty much :D toyota chaser shell, which will go on my ta05 once its painted.. now to choose colour... argh!

will build up the e10, lock the rear diff and possibly the front too, then use one of my old esc's, an old radio and let mates drift around the carpark on pvc's or abs rims...

4. Reaper

Reaper Member

Cool, the e10 is basically a tt01 clone right?

And yea, for what they tend to cost, it's pretty cheaper to just buy a kit instead of just a shell, plus as you're going to do, you get a spare car out of it. :)

For colour, why not make it an "Aussie" Two tone green/yellow. Or a "flamer" red/orange. Please don't do panda. Groan. For single colours, I think a shiney silver or a sky blue would look good.

Also that's one of the reasons I havn't really looked at anything really "modern" in the tamiya range, they tend to be belt driven, and I just saw in my mind slipped belts, streched belts, snapped belts. I'll stick with shaft, build it once and forget about it. :) But am I over-reacting any? Can they be that bad compared to shaft?

5. Loey

Loey Member

e10 is meant to be worse than a tt01.

belts are lighter. havent had to replace either belt on my ta05 and im running a novak 4.5r brushless.

6. BeanerSA

BeanerSA Member

I've only recently started to look into RC for my lad, but isn't the E10 shaft-driven?

7. Reaper

Reaper Member

That's interesting to know. HPI are usually quality. But I'm looking at a tt01-E anyway to replace my tl01. :)

I did discover something interesting today. I put the softer silver springs on my car and actually got it stable enough to do short full throttle bursts. I guesstimated it doing about 40-50km/h. I think next I might put in a lighter oil weight into the shocks.

So the belts havn't flowen off or anything? You didn't have to do anything special for the power upgrade to them?

Yes it is. The ta05 is belt driven. Sorry if the change in conversation caused any confusion.

If you need any help in deciding what to buy your kid, ask away. :)

8. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

I've got a TA05 now for 2 years.

Only caused 2 belts to snap/shear the teeth off it. This was because of a stupid rock getting stuck in the gears (and sheered my centre diff gear aswell!!!)

I've been running a mamba max 7700kv motor and esc and 2s lipo in it from day dot and it's handled it fine!

Definately recommend the TA-05 series cars. Very balanced and easily one of the easiest cars to drift! ^_^

9. Loey

Loey Member

if you're going tamiya, most people recommend a tb03 chassis over a tt01 as it has more setup options and racing potential.

not saying tt01 is bad, but by the time you pay for the adjustable suspension arms and upgrade a few other parts, you could have picked up a better chassis with more adjustment options for the same price.

i agree with m0n4g3 that the ta05 is extremely easy to drift, handles much better than my upgraded tt01

10. Reaper

Reaper Member

Cool, taken under advisement, but with the tb03, I'd probably be best looking for the tb03r, and quite frankly, there arn't any on ebay right now. Unless the tb03 (no suffix, not the drift D version), is practically just as good? Only major differences that jumped at me were included stabiliser bars and the option to have the front shocks upright or that fancy looking ifs thing.

The tt01e though is very plentiful. And If I bought it, the only hop up I'd start with would be full bearings, which the tb03 apparently already has. Plus another pro and con is I like the "plain car" with no racing liveries on it that the tt01e kit has with the skyline shell, and the led lights. But the tb03 starts with adjustable camber and rebound stroke. Decision has become harder. :( I have a while to decide though as I gotta save a bit first.

11. Dorz

Dorz Member

getting it for a chaser shell, not a sprinter / trueno...

i was thinking of a nice gloss white, but then i saw this photo (which is pretty much the exact shell im getting, different wheels though), and thought the green flake does look awesome on it...

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/parts/30721/30721_000m.jpg

plus, i dont care about the e10. i will be driving my ta05, if one of my friends wants to come over and have a skid in the carpark, ill chuck some homemade abs or pvc jobs on it, and chuck an old nimh in it. if they fuck it up i dont really care :p

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  12. Reaper

Reaper Member

OH! the chaser one. Very nice. :)

And yea, that's what I thought you were doing, just getting the kit for the shell and having the car as a bash around. :)

13. Tosh1R

Tosh1R Member

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=21273

/Convo.

cannot beat that for the price in all honesty :)

14. proffesso

proffesso Member

yo, post here, but im in australia (melbourne) from 29th - 2nd

if anyone has an rc10 / losi jrx/xx/xt /shumacher they wanna get rid of, let me know

actually after lots of vintage stuff, feel free to pm me with what ya got

15. Reaper

Reaper Member

Looks great and all pre-hopped up, but I've got a few constraints.

I really would rather a shaft drive. The pro for me is less cleaning maintenance and less chance of rock grind with all the gears sealed.

I'd also prefer to go $200 max inc delivery.

By the time I bought that and sourced a shell, I'd be roughly $150-200 over budget.

I'm really leaning towards the tb03 now. :)

16. crazyelf

crazyelf Member

17. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

18. Tosh1R

Tosh1R Member

http://www.gv-hobby.com.tw/products_detail.php?CarNo=33

will be something similar to this. definitely wouldnt pay anymore then $100 for this chassis.. this car was a bit of a mockery in the racing scene, reserved for lebs n bogans only.

19. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

wooooo :dance1: this thing makes me happy!

just went for another bash, 2 tanks and nothing went wrong! even running 25:1 again.

heres some pics, i gotta stay away from the water next time lol

getting sick of getting bogged in sand with these tyres to

took my case off, its just brown with dirt/mud ect, sometimes i think i need a monster truck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i dont know how i didn't brake anything, slammed into a huge dirt mound, went a little deep in water, rolled it all up about 10 times, and done a jump and landed on the front end, all is good though

some more pics here

http://ozlargescale.com/index.php?topic=6308.msg112507#new

20. crazyelf

crazyelf Member

Click to view full size!

Here ya go!

Sent from my Ideos using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011