General RC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by deanx0r, Dec 26, 2001.

1. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

A guy I was racing with when I was in the RC club had one of them, they scoot along pretty nicely :thumbup:

Not in the RC club no more, they don't allow Baja 5B's on there track :lol:

2. lupin

lupin Member

Back together

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. powella

powella Member

Hi,

I recently attended a small meet of 14th Scaler Truck and Construction models. Here are a couple:
    [​IMG]

A couple of short vids;

For more info pics etc you can go to: RC Truck and Construction

Cheers,
    AP

4. Coopz

Coopz Member

Any 1/5th racers in Adelaide going to the SALS opening race weekend?
    Might have to venture down:)

5. Reaper

Reaper Member

So my hobbyking stuff is still running great. The hk310 radio system is just great on the 4 cell mod I did. Well, I actually amped it up to a double 4 cell system so it still uses 8 cells, but in a 4x2 config so it lasts twice as long. No issues at all.

Latest I did was to hop up my rising fighter. Yea that's right. I liked my hornet build so much I bought another kit. This one was cheap as, only like $85.

I put on the oil shocks off a 2nd hand 1993 super hornet I got, (uses the same tub), and I then put the brushless system I pulled from my tl01 car, 60A speedy and 10T ez-run motor coupled with the digital reciever and 4amp lipo battery which is a perfect fit for the car battery compartment.

Car ran great. Had to be slow on take off or it flips, but at full speed it's very drivable.

It's still using the same gearing as original, 17T pinion. This car is better than the super hornet in the way the diff is a metal gear dealie and it has extra bits to make the front strut towers stronger. Plus the hex bits for the rear wheels are metal which fit over splines instead of using pins. Speed isn't really up much, but power certainly is.

6. Alba

Alba Member

Got a new OS 21XZ speed for my RC8B. yet to start it as I got it on Monday and it's rained all week.

I have 2 x RC8B's, more pics of both can been seen at http://photobucket.com/albaRC.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Only-got-an-i5

Only-got-an-i5 Member

Had an OFNA/Hobao Hyper 7
    [​IMG]

Had my Mugen MST-1
    [​IMG]

Then I gave up and bought a HPI E-10 Which was a piece of shit.
    [​IMG]
    The design was pathetic with the spur and pinion gear.. the mounts were plastic and the motor kept moving, stripping the spur gear all the time..

Then I just went all out and bought a Savage X with extended TVPs
    [​IMG]

Go many parts left over, I just found a brand new venom failsafe next to my pc not a day or so ago ahaha.

8. lupin

lupin Member

Finished a new shell for the new chassis.

Too scared to use it now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Reaper

Reaper Member

Well keep it as a show shell then and buy a cheapie premade one from the hobby store. :) I'd be more worried snapping those expensive looking carbon bits.

I gotta know though, what are/is:

Motor turns and kv?
    Speedy amps?
    Servo type?
    How that strap thing for the battery works?
    What Amps and c rate on the 2s lipo? It looks 2s by it's height.
    What oil weight in your shocks? Is it hard or soft suspension?

Thanks. I'm looking at getting a tb03 still and am still wondering what is best for a drift car. High kv, or lower kv with more turns / torque? I've figured out what hop up parts I'd get for it already, Just wondering on the motor.

10. lupin

lupin Member

It's not a drift car. I just put those wheels on to take some photos. It actually even only has them on one side.

Those carbon bits you speak of will out last all the plastic bits on the car.

As for the specs I race 13.5 so it has a
    Duo 2 13.5 motor
    Tekin RS pro speedy
    Futaba servo
    And I run 50w shock oil.
    The strap thin on the batter is Velcro. I'm not sure it will work as well on this chassis as it has previous ones as they are in slightly differen positions. I may just change to fibre tape.
    Yes batteries a 2s as again that is what the class allows. They are 50c but I'm looking into some 60c's at the moment.

11. Reaper

Reaper Member

I was looking at the naked post a few above where it looks like drift tyres all round. ;)

Ah, so it's a purpose built for club racing car I take it then? :)

It's not easy to find specs on those components, but I took a little guessing to figure it out. You've gone for something that would be good for lots of corners racing then that would require good corner exit punch-out acceleration it seems. The high C rate of the battery gives me that impression.

Yea, I've sort of wondered what you'd buy and how they anchor for the battery straps as standard kits usually don't cater very well to hard case batteries. :(

And the carbon fibre, I just wonder how it works in a hard crash. It wouldn't have as much flex as plastic does and would crack sooner wouldn't it? But I see the points of lighter and more ridgid body. So it would be a sort of trade off too? I like how the body looks more easy to work with and doesn't have the edge limitations that tubs do. And side hits look a bit concerning too, or you just try not to? ;)

12. lostdude

lostdude Member

its electric onroad not 1/8 buggy racing, crashing is very minimal so it doesn't matter.

13. Loey

Loey Member

those are racing slicks

any crash hard enough to break a CF part will break a plastic part. the only CF part you will probably break is the front bumper holder in a head on collision.

14. lupin

lupin Member

Yea you don't put a treaded tire anywhere near a car like this.

If you manage to break a carbon chassis you would need to hit something twice as hard as you would to do the damage in a plastic tub.

There is actually quite a bit of flex in a carbon chassis. More than a plastic tub.

On a side note ran the car today and more than happy with the way it drives. Now I just need to turn the timing and boost up and get some speed.

15. Reaper

Reaper Member

Cool, that's great to know. I've always thought of carbon fibre as more "brittle" if you know what I mean.

I'd definitly look to upgrading those parts in the future when I get mine together then. :)

16. V3N0MX

V3N0MX New Member

Hey guys
    I am new here
    First thing I spotted was the RC thread here
    My Cars are a little rare and unique
    Avid: (God of the touring car world (imo of course) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Avid running Gear:
    Storm 5.5T Sensored Brushless
    Venom 120A ESC
    Avid one way fron diff
    Tamiya Soft springs

Civic
    Rare as hell
    [​IMG]
    (Not so many photos lol)
    Civic running gear:
    Stock
    Brushed motor
    Original ESC with a fuse lol

Sorry about all the photo's but I take alot of pride in my toys haha.
    I want to get my Avid back into drift spec by finding a 13T Sensored
    So if any of you guys here want a 5.5T and have a 13T sensored I have no issue swapping.

I also plan to organise some track meets in Birsbane south.
    My local track closed down and I am sick of my cars gathering dust.

17. Reaper

Reaper Member

Pity you're on the wrong side of town. We have an onroad track at brendale and a dirt track across from a boat lake with markers at boondal.

But I'm mostly just in it for the bashing. I just play on the street/road at home here and set my cars up to whatever I feel like. :)

18. V3N0MX

V3N0MX New Member

I would play on the streets here
    But they are so badly maintained I am likely to break it again just from the pot holes and gravel filled roads

I was thinking of hitting up brendale but I am a cheap ass lol
    Few the tracks near me are free as they are public use

19. proffesso

proffesso Member

20. jjo

jjo Member

Im so jelly