General RC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by deanx0r, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Reaper

Reaper Member

Nice box, now you just need the car. :p

2. proffesso

proffesso Member

its all NIB, includes a little battery...but I think after 20 years that might be a bit too old now. will have to get a little aircraft lipo or something to run with.

finding the radio gear for it will be tough, so might end up just getting a 1/18th system for it...would probably fit

3. rawr_its_paul

rawr_its_paul Member

[​IMG]

Here's mine. Though I had to sell it before coming to Australia. Its basically just a stock revo 3.3 with a crowd pleazer body (no picks of that though unfortunately)

4. Reaper

Reaper Member

Should be easy to brushless convert it if you wanted to. Plus digital recievers are tiny as.

But I'd probably just build it, if it's a kit, and shelf queen it. Plenty of better and cheaper options for just bashing with these days, better as in faster yes, but doesn't matter if you destroy them as they're cheap.

5. lupin

lupin Member

Quie enjoying my new car.

[​IMG]

6. proffesso

proffesso Member

well thats the thing...shelfer or runner...I have amassed a collection of cars now, but I think i would like to run them all eventually. I picked up a Monster Beetle that had never been run before, and taking it out for the first time was awesome, even with the old mechanical 2 speed controller :)

7. coneman63

coneman63 Member

8. aznpsuazn

aznpsuazn Member

I should really dust off my Revo 3.3. Ran in it, few tanks, then just left it for dead!

9. Coma White

Coma White Member

Here's a vid of a couple of mates and I playing with my 5B SS at their place a couple of weeks ago. I'll get some still shots when I put it back together and clean it up.

10. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

nice coneman63. looks great.

im picking up a 2wd slash shortly, will put up a pic of all my vehicles at some point.

11. Alba

Alba Member

You'll love the RC8B, they are so easy to drive and maintain.
    There's a massive thread just for the RC8B over at rctech with a ton of usefull info, well worth the read.

I have 2 of them and am coverting one to electric atm.

12. AussieSausage

AussieSausage (Banned or Deleted)

My baja in all its glory again, DIRTY!!
    [​IMG]

13. Coma White

Coma White Member

Looking like all good Baja's should. Covered in dirt and ready to go again. :thumbup::D

14. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

picked up a set of proline trenchers and proline beadlock rims to upgrade from the stock slash tyres. difference is night and day, was like driving on ice before. also got some heavier weighted shock oil, but i'll wait till after the weekend to change it, as there is a race on and i dont want to tinker with the handing too much before.

15. Coma White

Coma White Member

I've just spent a ton on the back end of my SS. Proline Bow-Ties on Desperados all round, 7000w diff oil (up from the standard 1000w) changed the rear shims from 4 deg toe out (what the manual says to do as standard when you build it) to 3 deg toe in, and upgraded to PhatDad 5mm 300m Dogbones and Drive cups.

Hoping to see some decent improvements in handling an turning from the standard setup.

16. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

forgot to add a pic last post, even though everyone knows what a slash looks like

[​IMG]

not much changed, just a ezrun 10t motor, hobbywing 100a esc, turnigy 5200mah 30c 2s battery, hobbyking Tx and Rx and the new wheels.

17. Willybomb

Willybomb Member

I gotta get around to fixing up my Frog's gearbox and getting it out again.

18. Alba

Alba Member

Converting one of my RC8B's to electric atm.
    Got everything apart from the conversion kit which should be here any day now from amain.

The two RC8B's
    [​IMG]
    The electric will be running a Hitech HS-7955 servo and mamba monster ESC and 2200kv motor.
    The Nitro is running Savox servos, 1256 ST and 1257 TH/BR and an OS 21XZ Speed.

The new ESC motor combo
    [​IMG]

Never had electric before so I hope it all goes well and the car goes well.
    I've been told it should be as quick as my OS Speed minus the fuel bill.
    I'll post up a pic when the conversion is done.

19. Reaper

Reaper Member

Nice, a conversion.

I'd like to know how you mount the motor in place of the gas one.

And yea, it'll go as fast as the battery pack and gearing you choose to put in it. :)

All I've done lately is buy a few tools from HK, digital vernier, pro hex drivers, etc, just bits. Plus a bunch of hop up parts for a tb03 car, gotta get around to buying the car soon. :) Also a bunch of suspension spares for the df02. Biggest thing was a new hop up spur gear for my df02 buggy. I didn't know at the time, but it now allows me to go from the old 19t pinion limit to 22t pinion. Sweet, going to do it too. :)

Oh yea, I bought some of tamiyas moly grease to try too, much better than my other moly grease. This one seems to go on like the silicone grease does, holds better on the parts and doesn't spiderweb. Great stuff. :)

20. lostdude

lostdude Member