General RC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by deanx0r, Dec 26, 2001.

1. lupin

lupin Member

Nope kids toy from BigW

2. BigandY

BigandY Member

Turnigy Accucel-6 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15042__Turnigy_Accucel_6_50W_6
    A_Balancer_Charger_w_accessories_AUS_Warehouse_.html

A few of us have them and all love them to bits.

DON'T get the Hobbyking knock-offs, they are shit.

NiMH are 1.2v/cell, Alkalines are 1.5v/cell. If the transmitter has a LVC or LV alarm, they don't like NiMH because they end up dropping the voltage to below the preset voltage for the alarm or cutoff quite quickly. I've had it happen to me on a couple of different radios.

It does depend on the radio though - Spektrum for example often come with NiMH, so they are fine.

3. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

i just use a 3s lifepo4 pack in my sanwa m11. safer than a lipo, and is 9.9v nominal charge. doesnt self discharge and is fine to leave fully charged. low voltage alarm goes of at 9.0v too, which is perfect as its around 80% discharged by then.

only ever used rechargeable aa's in my flysky gt3b

4. crag_v

crag_v Member

Awesome! Pics or vids from the day?

5. crag_v

crag_v Member

The bash with a few blokes from AusRC from Sunday at Sycamore Reserve in Mill Park...

Click to view full size!

(Pic by Sandman77 of AusRC)

My new, box-stock Stampede took a POUNDING and kept coming back for more! After many noob crashes I bent a rear shock piston slightly (now straightened again whilst waiting for tougher replacement) and very slightly bent the main drive shaft after one especially tough landing. Ran two full 5.8A 2S packs though it though and it otherwise stood up to the abuse. A lot of fun too!

I'll be back with tougher parts soon, on 3S and with Pro-Line Trenchers for more traction. Awesome fun.

6. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

I assume you mean you bent a shock shaft? stockers are like wet noodles :lol: upgrading to tini shafts? I never had a problem after upgrading to them on my old slash, bent heaps of stockers though.

7. crag_v

crag_v Member

Sorry, quite right. Piston and seals are fine. Shafts need upgrading. Those plus alu caps and we're golden :)

8. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

I never bothered upgrading mine to aluminium caps, the stock ones never leaked or popped off on me, and I did some pretty serious jumps with them. I think the problem people have with them is they crank down on them too hard and strip the thread and destroy the o-rings . I snug mine nice and tight and use a good coating of green slime on the o-rings and they were great

9. pelmen

pelmen Member

Finally got my Traxxas Summit yesterday. What a fun monster truck, it just plows its way through the rough stuff without missing a beat. I've got a nature strip out the back of my place...lots of furrows in the ground and the shorter grass right now is still 30cm tall. The Summit just sailed smoothly through it all and came back to me full of grass and bugs :)

10. crag_v

crag_v Member

That's awesome. I nearly went with the summit but decided on simplicity and bash ability of the Stampede (though I bashed with a summit on Sunday and it was not bad at all). Great truck.

11. dinos22

dinos22 Member

sounds like it got a pounding alright eeek

12. crag_v

crag_v Member

Heh its running 3S now. Stock gearing sees it pulling wheelies from about 50km/hr, it's a hoot. There's a larger pinion gear that came with the truck but I don't see the point with this chassis. It's all about wheelies, jumps and ridiculous chaos. Loving it.

13. simmoi

simmoi Member

14. ausdave

ausdave Member

my radio is 2.4ghz, at least that's what everything Ive read in the manual/on the radio itself says.

Thanks everyone for the advice it's much appreciated

15. MatterHorn

MatterHorn Member

16. Reaper

Reaper Member

Nice, they upgraded it. :) Even though it still lists am for the rtr blitz on the site. So many different rtrs.

Nimh should be fine then. :) It'll either work or not work with 2.4ghz.

I finally gave my new tamiya xv01 a run today. Even though it's currently my slowest car (23T brushed), it was fun enough. :) I'll have to get around to putting stiffer springs on though.

17. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

Should hopefully be picking up an associated rc8t ce e-converted with xerun 150a esc , tekin t8 2000kv motor, hitec 7955tg servo and a few spares, can't wait! Been wanting a truggy for ages

18. crag_v

crag_v Member

Sounds insane! Throw us a pic when you get it :)

19. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thats the car, will take some pics of my own once i pick it up. shame about the ~400km round trip to get it, haha

20. crag_v

crag_v Member

Ah, thought that might have been it. Saw it on AusRC. Nice!