1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

General RC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by deanx0r, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Cpt.Obvious

Cpt.Obvious Member

Hmm. I made my servo EPA 130% to the right to compensate for the servo not sitting right. Is that to much?I might get the hex key tomorrow and move the servo before race day on Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

What I mean is set the end points so that the steering doesn't over extend and bind up. Your vehicle will only have so much steering throw, if your servo tries to go past that it's very very hard on it, and can damage the gears or even burn out the servo or your esc

3. Cpt.Obvious

Cpt.Obvious Member

How do I tell whether it is over extending?

4. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

When the steering stops moving but you still can turn the wheel more and hear the servo strain, possibly bending or stripping the horn if it's plastic.

Like I said, check out videos on YouTube, will show you exactly how to set your end points

5. Cpt.Obvious

Cpt.Obvious Member

I've checked out a video on YouTube but can't find anymore. I typed in End Point Adjustment.

Are there more I can watch?

6. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

7. Cpt.Obvious

Cpt.Obvious Member

Please omega, it was fine buddy. I enjoy all the help I can get. You peeps are awesome.

8. Genebaby

Genebaby Member

The results of my cable tidy project on an EB48 are in!

[​IMG]

Now I just have to hope I did a decent job of the solder connections and they hold up or I'll begin to experience the pain of a DNF. :tongue:

9. Cpt.Obvious

Cpt.Obvious Member

Looks awesome and really tidy gene. Great work mate!

10. Genebaby

Genebaby Member

Thanks, you should have seen it before. Being my first build I erred on the side of caution and left every cable as long as it was.

The difference is like 70's muff to a brazilian! Should take the rigours of racing much better.

11. Ghoatman

Ghoatman Member

Just went to start fitting my Tekin 1350kv motor to the Super 5SC, bloody motor mount is 2-4mm too small because of the heatsink around the motor.

Will need to modify the mounts to suit, I have a die grinder that can easily do the job, but my compressor is weak as shit. Job for Monday at work I guess. :p

12. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Awww fuck :(

13. powella

powella Member

Looks good...

I wonder if yours looked like this before:
    [​IMG]

Almost finished (needed to add MAN logo)
    [​IMG]

And yes mine is a lot neater now...

14. Genebaby

Genebaby Member

Wow, that wiring is a mess!!! That would be unraceable! All my wires were max length but that is insane.

Post a pic of it now.

15. Cpt.Obvious

Cpt.Obvious Member

So it was race day today at Ryde. It started pretty shit for me as I snapped a rear hinge mount on lap three of practice on my SC10. Didn't have a spare so that was out on the side line for the day.

It was a better day for my B4.1 and my new M12. I was driving more consistently and cleanly. I could definitely tell the difference between the M12 and the Spektrum. I love it, I'll never go back.

I decided to give a shorty a crack on the last main of the day. I was using the normal 2s before. What a difference! I placed the shorty three quarters from the front of the battery tray. I found the zip out of the corners and the traction I had was unreal. I wasn't spinning out at all and shaved about 2 sec from my previous best lap time. I'm definitely sticking with these bad boys from now on!

After the day was all done and dusted, I decided to stay a bit longer for practice. I had about four packs ready. Half way through the first pack I landed awkwardly and snapped the front left caster block. Haha! Damn it.

I took a few photos on my iPhone of some of the boys going over the triples. Check them out! (Unfortunately I didn't get any of my car).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Genebaby

Genebaby Member

Good pics, and a pretty cool looking track. Too bad about breaking stuff.

I raced my yellow Tekno with the improved wiring, which did great, so a pat on the back so far to me. I was hoping that my soldering would not see me come undone.

For the second time ever an 1/8 EP class was run on a club day. I came second overall after qualifying second.

17. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

So, verdict between a 1/8 truggy (8ight-t, rc8t) versus an E-revo? Trying to decide which way to go.

18. 0M39A_1337

0M39A_1337 Member

Truggy hands down.

Slightly bigger than an Erevo and handle so much better than the ridiculous high cog Erevo, and if you buy a decent brand (associated, losi, serpent, Durango, Mugen etc) much more durable

19. Cpt.Obvious

Cpt.Obvious Member

Besides eBay and amain. Does anyone know where I can get a Pro line B4.1 +8mm bulldog body? I'm looking at getting it sprayed and I want to know the cheapest method to get it sent to Adelaide.

20. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Just a whole lot harder to find a decent second hand truggy that's easy to convert to electric.

I just want something a bit more all-terrain (jumps inclusive) than my sc8.2e. She's crazy fun on gravel, but that's about it.