1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

General RC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by deanx0r, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Kaliban

Kaliban Member

[​IMG]

Crappy pic, and if you could see the car with more detail you would definately see that it has seen better days. Still, with all the mods and titanium bits in it, it flies :)

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Member

GV 1/10 scale chassis with OS 0.12 engine and EVO Lancer shell. I'll post some pics when I've finished rebuilding it.

Goes fast but handles pretty poorly. I'm looking at getting a new chassis and hopefully keeping the engine since I'm quite happy with it.

I'm open to suggestions.

3. microsniper

microsniper Member

yep, it is... just tested it at a track today.

[​IMG]

4. Kaliban

Kaliban Member

nice pic microsniper, but I gotta ask, did ya flip that car on the landing cause it sure as hell looks like it is heading that way!! :p

5. microsniper

microsniper Member

the truck lands pretty well most of the time...

there are some more pics of buggies and truck

http://members.iinet.net.au/~taejun/pics/carine_edited/

6. Yoda

Yoda Member

Will have my RC car here at home on Saturday the (12/01/02)

As you can tell, Im just waiting for the days to tick down :)

When I get it here, first thing will be a photo shoot for OCAU, then Im heading out to burn some foam, and nitro! :)

EDIT: Changed Date, now its tommorow!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2002
  7. Splat_man

Splat_man Member

my car
    PEDE!
    [​IMG]

8. OP
    OP
    deanx0r

deanx0r Member

F**king awesome truck Splat_man, is that a T-maxx?? If so, how much did it cost you to get it going after buying the kit, plus any other things needed??

9. Splat_man

Splat_man Member

umm its a traxxas stampede
    it cost about 420 for the kit i think (RTR) and i have spent around 200-250 on hopups so far

10. Yoda

Yoda Member

2 Grand for an RC car ??? Wow, thats alot of money.. ALOT was it one of them huge ass ones that run a 4 stroke motor or something ???

11. Splog

Splog Member

it's easy to blow 2grand on rc stuff and one car.........i mean electric or nitro

but don't say things like that...it'll put people off =)

12. Jester1

Jester1 RIP

im accually looking for a cheap second hand car with or with out radio and engine i have this engine here
    that i might be thinking of selling
    also got a R/C boat here might sell as well :D

heres some pictures of it
    here
    its uses Twin 7 Cell batterys ( although i have been running it on 2x 6cell packs outa my r/c eletric stadium thunder ) has Twin eletric sports tuned engines ( ive thought about modding it and puting my Force .12 Nitro engine in , and just buying a watercooled Head for it to replace the current head , )

Last edited: Jan 12, 2002
  13. Yoda

Yoda Member

Got my car today peeps, Went through two tanks of fuel allready, heading back out this arvo... Fucking Awesome fun it is

Its A GV Models 1/10th V8 Supercar with An OS 12CV X Pullstart Engine in it

I haven't crashed it today yet.. which is good

I got to open her right up a few times

Only problem is Im out of 5% fuel, which the motor is tuned for, Ive got a whole bottle of 15% here.. ill just have to re-tune

Only other problems where It has no brakes, the dude broke the brake disk type thingo... makes it a little harder for a learner

And the arial cover thingo (hard plastic thing) is stuffedd.. I gotta head on down to Toyworld on Monday and get a new Brake Kit and a new Aerial

No Piccys yet, when my digi cam gets back from brizzy they'll be straight up... (prolly wed next week, hopefully)

Cheers all, If ya don't see me around much anymore, Its cause im out having fon with my RC car...

14. Abit667

Abit667 Member

I got a pretty cool electric 4wd buggy type car. I could post pics, but that would mean getting my camera and getting the thing out to take pics :rolleyes:
    I don't really use it much any more because the battery would die so fast and take so long to recharge. Spending more money on a battery is a waste of money. Can it be converted to gas easily? Gas sound like much more fun :) and no more recharging/low power and having to run out and get the thing.

15. spectral

spectral rebmeM

I have an original Associated RC-10 with the gold aluminum tub chassis. It has a HiTec ESC, and a Tamiya Dynatech motor. Its not pretty but it still goes well and gives good competition to some of the Losi's and newer RC-10s at the local track. But I'm always behind the eightball compared to new lighter cars.

16. Splog

Splog Member

good stuff man..................if that care of yours was like new it'd be worth a packet!!

I have an old RC10 Team Graphite car........looks fully leet0x i recon :)

i tried it down thetracxk last week........with bald tyres HAHAHA it was hard going in a straight line.

what tyres do you use?.....2" ones? or have you converted the wheels to 2.2" so u can use decent tyres?

cheers

17. spectral

spectral rebmeM

The body is in crap condition, but the chassis and suspension are fully stock and in good nick. Same goes for the diff etc..

Besides the motor and speedo, nothing has been changed including the 2" 3 piece AE rims.

I still have the original box and everything from 1987 (i got it for my 12th birthday) :)

The team graphite was the world beating car when I was really into RC many years back. Losi had just come onto the scene as well as Schumacher and Traxxas. I really wanted a Yokomo Worlds 91 that Masami drove to victory, but I couldn't afford it only being 16 at the time :)

18. Splog

Splog Member

sweet

i used to have a tamiya terra scorcher when i was 12 (like a big wig) i wante a team graphite then...but they wer way too expensive for me

i found this one like new in the quokka =)

yay =)

19. Splat_man

Splat_man Member

when i was a little tike i used to have a metro jet hopper
    and also my collection of tamiya mini4WD cars (used to race them)

20. Splog

Splog Member

u suck splat :D

my nikko frame buggy owned u