General RC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by deanx0r, Dec 26, 2001.

1. ThraxteR

ThraxteR Member

2. Mitchee

Mitchee Member

Ive got an old Team Associated RC-10T in my cupboard stock everything except I resprayed the chassis dark red, and it has a Rooster Reversible speed controller in it. Put in some motor, i think its a Midnight or something. The L shape plastic piece that goes from the servo to the steering arm is snapped.. but still works as its under a spring..

Anyone wanna buy it?? Comes with a shitload of other crap that I bought when I raced it. Oohh.. and I have a Rhino charger too.. that thing cost me a fortune!

3. OP
    OP
    deanx0r

deanx0r Member

You have mail (PM) :)

4. JimX

JimX Goldmember

Ok, here's my cheapass little thing, it's a Dirt Thrasher and not a Fox like I previously though. Too fast for indoor use, but looks pretty slow out on the street. 4WD, and steers better in reverse!

[​IMG]

No it's not painted, just sticker'd. I'm so lazy!

JimX.

5. RSix

RSix Member

hey hey I got the same one too JimX,

Its got a trinity motor and a rooster forward/reverse thingy lol.

I havent touched it in years. Gonna sell it soon so I can buy one of those rc with a engine :)

6. JimX

JimX Goldmember

I'm feeling like doing the same thing after my 5 minutes of fun on the street and having to spend 15 minutes charging it up again :)

JimX.

7. Splog

Splog Member

nitro isn't the only answer to more runtime

Splog

8. davehole

davehole Member

Re: WRC RC Car

Fuck thats nice, I wanna RC Car now!

9. Wen

Wen Member

hey look same car!! [​IMG]

yes mine's not painted too.. i think it looks better that way...yes i am lazy to paint it too :)

how much u bought it for?

10. Splat_man

Splat_man Member

i agree
    and nitros arent as beatable in the bush as electric are

11. JimX

JimX Goldmember

Splog, but you don't have to spend 15 minutes charging up your battery in between runs. You can buy extra batteries to get a longer initial run but after the last one's used up you're back to waiting 15 minutes between runs.

Not that I want to use it for hours on end, but it's nice to have the option without *too* much inconvenience :)

I think to go nitro is too expensive anyway, I'm not serious about RC cars and certainly can't afford another expensive hobby right now. My real car and bike waste enough money as it is :) I think for now I'll just get a bigger motor and some beefier batteries, they should tide me over for awhile.

Wen, mine was $270 or so I think, from Woolworths. It had a remote control thing with it. At the time the car by itself was selling for closer to $300 from Hobbyco, so I think it was a bargain. I was umm'ing and ah'ing about buying an RC car at the time, and when I saw this in Woolies I just snapped it up. These days the car itself is still over $200 I think.

JimX.

12. Wen

Wen Member

mine was $299 from Big W , came with the transmitter (stick), 1 tamiya 1400 batt., a DC batt charger.

13. Splog

Splog Member

u can easily spend just as much on each (infact i think it is far easier to spend more on electric)

having 4 batteries or more (good ones) and a good charger (not some timmer poo..or some arlec job) will give u heaps of runtime.........esspecially if u just want to bash

main reason people like nitro is the whole little motor thing,....smell and noise etc.....

14. Yoda

Yoda Member

Ok, got my webcam back today (finally) so guess what comes first on the to do list?

Car set up for show:

[​IMG]

Bare body (no cover)

[​IMG]

Race Body:

[​IMG]

My camera is abit offline though :(

Also engine is missing from pictures, cause I blew con-rod and piston, so its at a mates place while we fix it :)

15. ThraxteR

ThraxteR Member

simply superb

16. ThraxteR

ThraxteR Member

once I get my rig, I will post pics :)

17. Gumball

Gumball Member

I have a Losi XX CR (used to race and in good condition for an ex racer)

A Tamiya Mini with Ball Races and ESC - Used to race at St Ives On Road and it won the comp in 96:)

A Kyosho Pure10 with dual speed and pipe - raced once at a hobby store organised race day but mainly something to burn up and down the street:)

Lastly my pride and joy, A Tamiya Super Champ (Pictured). Bought it in 1985 and only ever ran once on a cricket pitch. Was put together by myself with absolute care. Even at that time it was ancient, the store had the box for years. I think it dates back to 1979/1980. Been told its worth a fair bit of money too but I love it too much to ever sell it:)

[​IMG]

18. Wen

Wen Member

Gumball... that's a classic. I remembered seeing it in a old Tamiya Catalog long ago, when I was just a kid.

maybe u should try asking around and get a idea of the value its worth now..

19. THE_SHIZZ

THE_SHIZZ Member

wot speeds do all these babies get upto? WiZeGuY has just bought one and he says that his one has been known get upto 80kph :D nice and fast

20. Hyper Adam

Hyper Adam Member

Hey Guys

Here's my ride it's pretty cool
    OS12 engine, race pipe, 2 speed gearbox and a few other bits
    Does approximately 80k's and gets there very quick!! :cool:

[​IMG]