Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Revenger, Sep 29, 2020.

1. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

Thanks for the tip. A close/open got it to ~2mb/s.

2. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Man... I don't usually like RPGs as I'm somewhat of a perfectionist in games and I tend to ALWAYS look in every corner and inch of a map and want 100% tasks done. Given how huge this game is (so far) it's pretty overwhelming. I never played BotW and gave up MMORPG titles in the past but given this isn't an MMO I kept pushing myself to play more and more purely for the story and my friend wanted to co-op with me.

Really liking it now though and I'm enjoying the story and the battle mechanics which isn't a bore to me as of yet. I'm currently AR26 and have explored to all of the Geo/China side of the map with the statues activated to open it up - just haven't cleared all out the waypoints as I'm covering them section by section. I'm fairly certain I've covered most of the anemo land and have done all the locked shrines (14/14 i think) and around 370/400 chests according to the achievements. Starting to learn to just ignore things now and will probably get back on track with the story quests / archon quests now that I'm AR26 and World Level 2.

Current team is Razor, Fischl, Kaeya and Xiangliang. Razor for main DPS and have all 4 star artifacts with the feather and cup enhanced to level 16 for high damage output. Basically, go ATK damage for the early game and worry about synergy and those perk upgrades (Berserk / Instructor etc) at a later stage as they aren't too important til you really want to build individually around your characters. Razor right now is pulling ~900 ATK damage and is level 50 ascended - level 4 weapon maxed to its highest. The rest are just leveled up to character level 40, with basic artifacts ranging from 3-4 stars and only upgrade to around 3-4 levels for a small peak in performance. I'm very happy with this team currently but I feel invested and too deep with them currently to move on. Ideally I wanted Diluc as my main DPS because fire and DPS is bad ass but haven't had any luck to pull him. My ideal team I plan to build around is looking to be Razor, Fischl, Xiangliang and Qiqi when I eventually get her someday. Venti would be the ideal alternative for Qiqi.

Excess characters I don't use but have pulled are Barbara, Beidou, Ningguang, Sucrose and Noelle. All free to play and redeemed a shit load of primogems for the wishes. Don't use wishes individually, wait til you have 10 so you get higher chances / guarantees from what I've heard.

Co-Op is terrible. I know it was focused solely as a SP with MP features introduced and I really do hope/see potential for the Co-Op feature to get upgrade, but its so lackluster and shit right now. I'm fine with not being able to run the story quests together as people can be carried through, but if both party members don't have a chest it should be available for both to their respective world. If you're the guest, you can't open any chests and get no loot when exploring. You only get drops from the world environment like finding berries, fruits and from killing mobs. You can get items from bosses but they require the limited resins, some domains but you don't get the full loot and that's it.

Anyways, I feel I've gone deep on this game and I am actually enjoying it a lot for a free to play RPG Gatcha style which I've never properly played or liked. If you need help or have questions feel free to ask and happy to share UID but co-ops bad so no point at this stage. Also, I am on American servers (I regret not choosing Asia - friend said to go America for some reason so now our co-op is 200ping but you don't feel it anyways and its not an MMO so no lag issues with 2 people on an american server during co-op play).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  3. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

That's quite a level I'm at 19, slowly getting there.
    You have quite a pull also on characters.

So who's everyone's favourite waifus or husbandos?

4. sammy_b0i

Now.. I haven't actually started playing this game, just downloaded it because I like the art style.

That comment is almost enough for me to uninstall it without even opening it up.

5. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Well there are 24 characters so far so make of that what you want.

Here is a online map with things on it.
    https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  6. sammy_b0i

Just the waifus comment makes me think this is going to be weeb-central.

7. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

If your worried about the game being not for you, you should YouTube videos about it.

Also It's more a single player game than co-op at this stage and very Breath Of The Wild style.
    And co-op is set to invitation and you can only have 4 people in a party.

One could call the girls waifus in a way due to how they are like Noelle constantly asks is I want tea one or two sugars or that whenever I need her she will be there.
    The responses very each character though as Kaeya keeps saying I'm too slack etc.
    You take the game how it is for you and don't let a fun waifu comment I made or how anyone plays deter you from playing.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  8. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Ah yeah, that's the reason why I completely muted voice volume. It's very enjoyable outside of that.

sammy_b0i likes this.
  9. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Have found all the anemoculus in Mondestadt and maxed the god statue to level 10. I spent a solid 3-4 hours searching the whole region to complete this from level 8 or so. Had around 20something remaining. Don't think I'm going to be investing time to hunt for the Liyue Geoculuses for a while.

AR27 now and next objective will be to clear some World and Story quest for progression as I've put those on hold whilst exploring and searching. I've gotten mostly familiar with Liyue's side of the map so quests will be a little easier to navigate around now that all waypoints are discovered. No changes to my team as of yet. Did a 10x wish redeeming 1600 primogems and didn't pull any heroes unfortunately. And then I hate myself going on reddit seeing people pull 2x 5 star heroes and 1x 4 star in a single pull......... gambling sucks lol

10. rbialek

rbialek Member

Thought I'd chime in here too. Thoroughly enjoying this so far, been playing a few days. Turned voices off too, not a fan of the "la la la" side of it.
    Speaking of the "la la la", seems Barbara really likes me, in my 50 pulls (free) or so I've got 4 of her. Not a bad hero but I'm sorely missing a solid DPS.
    Incase anyone was wondering about pulls, it doesn't matter if you do single or 10x. It's the same rate and "pity" either way, confirmed by Devs.
    The one thing it has as a one-up on Breath of the wild for me is just the sheer density of things to do. As much as I love BotW, there's a lot of open space in that game.

11. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Really? It doesn't matter if you do single pulls or not?

The gacha mechanic is getting to me and I'm sort of creating a small budget around it now. With work and family commitments and whatnot, trying to find an hour or two to play can be difficult. On a side note, got to AR15 finally yesterday. I thought I couldn't move to a certain section of the map, but it turns out, I just haven't been there. Yeah, such a stupid mistake. Ended up eating up around 2-3 hours of gameplay I could have used exploring the new area versus staying in the ones that I have discovered already.

12. rbialek

rbialek Member

Haha I can understand that. I've got pretty good self control with these sorts of games but can totally understand wanting to sink $ in.
    However if the game is good enough I tend to allow about what I'd spend on a regular game $60-80. This is what I did with Path of exile for example, each year I'd played it.

The pulls are just "every 10 pulls you're guaranteed a 4-star, every 90 a 5-star". If you do singles you'll still get one at least every 10/90. If you do 10s it counts where you got the 4/5 star and starts again from there.
    In short, no it doesn't matter at all if you do singles or 10s, though singles may tend to save you money if you get what you're wanting before the 10?

13. power

power Member

this post describes every reason why i won't play this F2P trash.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  14. rbialek

rbialek Member

So I guess you have an issue with Path of exile as well then?

Honestly I don't know what your post is trying to achieve there. But good for you?

15. power

power Member

probably

"achieve"? nothing mate, just my hot take! Or is this a sponsored section and people are only allowed to say good things about the game? I didn't intend on engaging with the thread, just chucking in my 2c.

sammy_b0i, elvis and rbialek like this.
  16. rbialek

rbialek Member

Brilliant. Thanks for the input. Have a good one!

17. rbialek

rbialek Member

Actually I should add. Yeah I would prefer this game to be a "buy once and that's it" game like the good ol' days. But that's pretty much gone out the window in the last 5-10 years, outside of CDPR.
    The fact this game lets you play it, completely, for free is pretty good in my eyes. Predatory monetization aside.
    It's either the most fair Gacha game I've ever seen or the most brilliantly devious one.

iMomOx3 likes this.
  18. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

I am 100% Free to Play - the game is enjoyable and amazing for the amount of content you get from the free portion of it. Given the story is continuing, we don't truly know if all the characters (or most) will become available through the story alone as unlocks. But you can certainly win based on probability every character but just grinding for the ingame currency (primogems) will take a very long time. If you choose to accelerate your chances to get certain characters, then that's up to you. I can see why it's not for everyone and people want to be able to have some form of guarantee unlock potential for specific characters but that's exactly how the gaming industry works.

Even paid for games ranging up to $100 these days still have exclusive content that costs more via DLC, BattlePass etc. This game gives you this giant open world adventure game with a story and huge progression for future updates all for free. I doubt the game would be developed around needing to buy/pull specific characters to beat the game. There's 2 elements/regions unlocked with 5 more to come so lots of free content to come around and possibly more characters unlockable through the story and or timed events in the future which may allow you to win the characters through gameplay.

19. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

This win's OCAU's prize for most incorrect post of the day.

(Play what you like, but don't assume nothing else exists just because you're not aware of it).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  20. rbialek

rbialek Member

Jeeze is everyone here such a drama queen?

Sure it's was over-generalised, but that's the way the industry is going these days.
    I'm not trying to make excuses for it, but when AAA games are coming out with loot-boxes, subscriptions, season passes and cash shops.
    It's a fair statement at least.
    For example, I've purchased and played games like stardew valley, rimworld, Witcher 3, etc.
    However that's not what I'd consider the "norm" lately.