Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Revenger, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Just got up to AR20 last night. Not sure if I should progress the story line further or explore the south areas more (collecting those Geo thingies). I'm thinking I'll go do the latter.

After getting my son to do a set of 10 wishes, he got me Fischl and Xiangling and I have since been using their "E" combo to get through the game. Barbara continues to be my healer and Noelle as my back-up AOE damage dealer. No 5-star characters yet.

2. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Only 5* I've gotten is Mona and she's not even on any of the banners lol. Venti or Jean would be nice too for a good anemo char but the MC has a pretty nice moveset out of the box.

Mona's fun to open with though, Mona (wet) -> Razor (super conduct) -> Amber (overload) or Mona (wet) -> Kaeya (Freeze)

3. rbialek

rbialek Member

This is pretty much my strategy currently too. No 5-stars here either. I have Barbara on my team as well but not sure who I want my 4th to be, using Anemo main but rarely swap to it.

I hear focusing on 2 characters is a good tactic until you know your team or get 5-stars you like. Saves wasting resources. So that's what I'm doing for now.

iMomOx3 likes this.
  4. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Yep do the latter. Story quest will never leave you and it is significantly easier to have the map opened up with all the statues found so when you want to do the quests you can travel across easier. Rather than doing the quest and heading to your unexplored destination and ignoring chests and other loot, you've mostly done them through standalone exploring and instead focus on the quests when you're ready to.

Like everyone said. Razor and fischl are the best 2 character cores under 5 star and pull out mad dps which is my current squad. With the last 2 slots rotating amongst xiangling, Venti and kaeya. I'm at a stage in the game where even though I deal incredible damage I'm getting hurt without a healer. I'm gna have to spend resources on my barbara who's sat there at level 1 unused but I wanted to save that for my eventual qiqi.

I'm almost done with the story quest and have done a couple of the secret quests so time to move on. Almost done everything possible for available content so really keen on the next major update.

rbialek likes this.
  5. simontifik

simontifik Member

Can someone fill me in on how exactly the game is ‘like Breath of the Wild’?

I love BOTW as a chill exploration game. Climb a mountain, check out the view, see something on the horizon and wander off to it. Talk of leveling up, character AR and gacha seems the antithesis of what I want from a BOTW clone.

6. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

The visuals and audio are VERY BotW like. You even have a little fairy companion thing that follows you around and helps you. You really do not need to spend a cent on this game either, the loot boxes are optional and can be acquired purely through playing the game. And you can do exactly as you described, run around, see a thing, go investigate.

7. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Ooh, Razor. Wouldn't mind getting him. I quickly logged into my account on my phone and found that I had nearly max Resin, so I went onto PC to do a boss kill (the cube thunder one). I normally play in the evenings once the kids are put to bed, so that's when I start using up my Resin - didn't do it last night as work/3 hour sleeps were not enough...sorry, I digress. My golly gosh! I struggled so much before the Fischl and Xiangling combo, which previously, I killed it with Noelle as my damage dealer and Kaeya and that took at least half an hour. Now, with the current setup, it took maybe 5 minutes. As for my ATK power, I think it's only 2xx in Fischl and 18x for Xiangling. Weak, but with their combo, it seems OP. Hoping it doesn't get nerfed in the 1.1 update.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    rbialek and iMomOx3 like this.
  8. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I still dont understand what most of the resources are used for. WTF is Resin and where do I used it?

9. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Resin is used for farming in Dungeons where you can get items to ascend your characters/weapons. Early game, I think AR10 (???), you are limited to farming Ley Lines (these blue and yellow/gold cloud thingies in the map) where, for 20 Resin, you can get either experience books and gold respectively.

10. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Ahh yup I did one of those Ley Lines this morning! Thanks.

11. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

It's a world that has a lot to do in it but it's all fixed, so everyone can more or less have the same experience on that front. The AR/Gacha stuff is what differs from player to player so that's what gets talked about.

BotW similarities off the top of my head
    • The goblin encampments are everywhere
    • Plenty of gliding around
    • Chests that appear after korok like puzzles
    • *oculuses that are more or less like the korok seeds
    • Plenty of unique landmarks to explore (a chunk of it is gated behind content/levels though)
    • Dungeons/Challenges that are dumbed down versions of the shrines
    • Cooking
    Last night I wandered into Liyue, climbed up series of cliffs and was greeted with scene reminiscent of a lot of the chinese hotsprings/waterfalls you see in movies. Had a massive platform below it so I jumped down to see what was there - massive boss fight that I was simply underlevelled for. In the same area on the other side of the mountains, you walk through some marshes, follow the main road and happen across a multistory tea house. Plenty to explore and the map is massive, feels like there is a bit too much to do in an area at times.

simontifik likes this.
  12. simontifik

simontifik Member

Thanks for the replies.

Hadn’t realised there was some light puzzles like koroks.

Might check this out when it comes to Switch.

13. connico

connico Member

Anyone want to add friends?

14. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Oh yeah which server you guys go on? I went Asia as I figured it'd have the best ping?

15. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Unfortunately, I for whatever reason followed 1 of my friend who said to go to US servers (Why I have no clue). Then all my other mates who I didn't expect to play this game started and are all on Asia so massive regrets for me. I'm way too deep in the game to change over now and don't plan on a restart lol. I'm AR35 so yeah, ain't going back.

Would you guys think there's a possibility to email the devs for a server change? :(

16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I mean it can't hurt, havent got much to lose by firing off an email.

17. connico

connico Member

Yeah i went asian for the better pings lol...

18. rbialek

rbialek Member

Yeah I'm on Asia too, ping is about 100-120ms. Refreshing change from most other online games I've played with 300+

19. Rod911

Rod911 Member

I'm in the US server thinking that is where most players will be at, not knowing this was a Chinese developer who made the game. Hahaha.

20. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

i been playing this on mute lately, so the fbi dont kick my fucking door down.

Pinkeh and MrBS like this.