Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Revenger, Sep 29, 2020.

1. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh I believe so. Such a pain as I was hoping to just move between devices when I get tired from sitting too long on PC etc. But either way didn't work out to be too much of a hindrance anyway. I just ran it on the HTPC instead. Works just as well and playing with k/m is far superior to playing with console controller as I've discovered.

Took me 2 try to get it done even then just barely. I did it with Traveller (wind skill), Amber, Fischl and Barbara. All at lvl 40 with lvl 40 weapons. Combat is much easier on PC than on phone if that's what you're using.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. connico

connico Member

Yeah I've only got three level 40s and I don't have a good pyro user... I think i still have some time to finish it so might just grind it out till I have the right composition

3. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Just level Amber. I find that she works great for a lot of boss/elite fights. Her skill also works excellent for blowing up crystal mining nodes lol

4. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Spiral Abyss level 5 onwards is a nightmare. The levels themselves aren't too hard but the rewards for 3 star completion gated by a time trial and you need to field 2 teams per floor and once locked in cannot change. Therefore it now becomes VERY expensive on resources to level up 2x balanced teams. Where my original focus was just my core 4, I've now had to split these guys up and focus on 4 others to build 2 teams.

Each floor has the 3 chambers, but they are now split to 2 halves - so 6 battles overall. You need to lock in 2 teams of 4 and once done cannot be changed between.

You do get to see what mobs spawn on each chamber and each half respectively which is good, so you know who to put in team 1 and 2. But to 3 star achievement each one gets hard which means you now need 2 carry DPS characters (1 for each team), and 3 decently upgraded supports that synergize around them. But that changes with each chamber depending on the mob matchups. It's very strategical at this point. Floor 6 I've had to field Razor, Lisa, Barbara and Kaeya for Team 1 - lots of superconduct and need Barbaras heal for Razor to destroy. Lisa drops her ult and leaves the field for Razor. Team 2 is Fischl, Venti, Xiangling and Noelle. I was not planning to ever use Noelle, but shes my only other healer outside of Barbara and I can't sustain without a second healer so Noelle had to be upgraded to compete. She scales her heals on defense so she got a lot of the excess artifacts I never used but the Mora and ascension material costs is killing me.

SAVE YOUR RESOURCES - tip: do not level up 3 star artifacts. Collect as much as you can and only level up 4/5 star artifacts to a certain degree. At level 4 of the artifact upgrade, they get another substat. If this substat isn't useful to your character, I would stop levelling and wait til you come across something that offers what you want.

Also, take your time with the game and enjoy it. Don't rush things like myself and try to get the best 5 star characters. By the time you progress and eventually pull them, it becomes too expensive to level them up at this stage. Mihoyo getting a lot of flack for their resin system in place now and whilst that's the whole point of a gacha mechanism, its awfully slow and worse than other established gacha games. After AR32+ the game becomes very slow and I have nothing else to do but login for daily commissions, spend my 120 resin which full refills every 16 hours, and maybe hunt some chests if they have hit their respawn timer. Which I believe is every 24hrs and only in small numbers in various locations so it takes ages to find/farm them.

Whilst I wish the Resin System could be better and more generous, I'm happy to wait for a major update that will introduce the next region which I think from rumors will be Inazuma (Electro) which is Japan themed. Fun fact: all the regions are inspired on different countries/regions. With Mondstadt being Germany, Liyue being China, Inazuma, Japan, and so on.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    RyoSaeba likes this.
  5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Reached AR 33 / Level 60ish. Not as lucky as others on rolls but i'm doing ok across my friends.

There is this constant rush rush rush to get higher level but i've just been doing whatever fancies me - including a lot of side-tracking and exploration.

Upgrading fischl was very expensive but worth it. Now i have Xiangling, Fischl, Noelle, Lisa and Barbara maxed out at level 60. I'd love to pull Mona, Klee or QiQi though. They look adorable. :p

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  6. connico

connico Member

Pulled Xiangling, so will be running her to see if I can clear the Level 3 lol

7. connico

connico Member

In early game you only need to level your 3 star artifacts to level 4/5 since they increase your characters stats so much making the early game a cake walk.

8. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Im currently only AR12. Running a Venti, Xiangling, Kaeya, and Lisa. Would love to replace the last 2 there but haven't pulled anything worthwhile to replace them with I don't think (Barbara, Noelle, Beidou are the other heroes I have). Hvaen't found the content very difficult so far but sounds like that will change.

9. connico

connico Member

Barbara is the shit... everyone needs her as a healer and support character. She brings a lot in buffs to a the team! You can actually even main DPS her early game lol

10. rbialek

rbialek Member

I've ended up swapping to a Chongyun main, Kaeya (only other Cryo I have but decent procs), Fischl, Venti setup. The amount of superconduct procs is insane and the defence reduction is absolutely noticeable.
    Thinking about swapping to Beidou as main and dropping fischl (gasp I know!) for more consistent electro damage. Would love Razor as main but haven't pulled him.

I think overload is likely still better but I don't have a decent pyro dps.

Also got my first 5 star Artifact last night from stormterror, aaaand energy regen main stat rip.

11. connico

connico Member

Finish level 3 Spiral Abyss? Get Xiangling... profit :p

rbialek likes this.
  12. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Lisa and Barbara work so well together when you set them up for elementary mastery. Their elemental reactions proc off each other :3

13. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I have looked at a few tier lists, and surely synergies can drastically change how good/bad a toon is.

rbialek and connico like this.
  14. rbialek

rbialek Member

I have a few Xianglings, think she's at constellation 4? I just don't really like her playstyle. Feels too clunky.
    The procs from superconduct are more frequent than using her to proc overload.
    I think with my current lot the only improvement I'd get to switch to fire is if I pulled a Diluc somehow haha.

Also I love the potential to freeze from using Cryo. Surprising number of enemies near/in water or rain.

15. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I switch to Xiangling for burst dps which is what you need for some of those spiral dungeons and boss mechanics. Her bear does massive damage and her high speed attacks get a lot of hits in during the bosses' down time. The World bosses (especially the cubes) can be burst down with xiangling, whilst you run a support healer or tank during the boss's other invincible rotations.

16. rbialek

rbialek Member

What build are you using with her? Honestly I just found her really lacklustre. Keen to try something different.

17. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

I use Qiqi Diluc Fiscle and Noel for my party.
    Qiqi and Fiscle go well together.
    Qiqi is a great all rounder both DPS heals and cryo.
    I'm AR 27 and find the game pretty casual with my setup so far character levels around 40 and 30 for weapons.

I've become a pretty decent player among my circle of people in a way.

Need to focus more on other characters I have.
    I find that the weapon is the biggest thing you need to work on that alone does the damage.
    So get the shop prototype initial and craft the prototypes for the different weapons.
    That will work great until you roll a super weapon in the wishes.

After you do a lot is just doing the dailies to get the keys 8 dailies per key max of 3 keys you can hold to unlock further stories which are at different 30ish AR ranks.

At AR27 I'm still doing a lot of the quests and stories post Storm Terror.
    As I'm onto chapter 1 arcon after prologue for the main story.

Today a event was released.
    Fight mobs collect orbs and take to a collection point.
    There's a bunch of achievements, I managed the 3 minute run with a mate and 2 pickups.
    I'll do a bit and see how far I get on the other achievements getting 100 of a certain enemy killed will take a while.
    I love how they apologised for a bug and gave primogems in compensation 5 hours before the event was even released.

The next area coming has been confirmed to be the snow mountain between Mondstat and Liue and is out in December.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  18. rbialek

rbialek Member

So, without spoilers, I see what people were saying with the quest line kind of ubruptly ending. I thought my game bugged out. It seems really odd that they'd choose to end it there rather than at the story arc conclusion.
    Hopefully this story section finishes up prior to the new area release.
    Still have some side quests and the AR 32/34/36 quests to do, currently AR 33, then going to work on missing achievements.

19. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Welp. AR37. Can't do much at this point in the game. Every quests done and I've crosschecked world quests against the wiki so I've got that covered. Daily grind is to spend resin and try to maximize efficiency on its spend. Currently up to Floor 7 of the Abyss and struggled first time around but I think I've figured it out now and will beat it tonight. Apparently 7 is harder than 8 so that's nice to know. Floor 7 is heavily emphasized on breaking shields and more elemental strategies as opposed to just high damage output which I clearly have but didn't tinker around with team comps. I have seen some much lower level and under equipped teams beat floor 7 whilst i was struggling with some decked out teams and still unable to work it. Small brain move from me.

my low level amber and kaeya are the keys to break the shields of the fatui agents. I have done every achievement for the co-op event which was pretty boring tbh. I was expecting more fighting and a big boss to fight - even when scaled with everyone at World Level 4 with me. Managed to do the achievement for the <3min run and hit 2:46 at WL4.

The 32/34/36 character stories were fun and I really enjoyed Venti's story quests at 36. Looking forward to more character stories and slowly getting specific materials for future hero/weapon ascensions to prep for 1.1 update. AR40 is still so far away :( saving my fragile resins for this so I can get some 5 star artifact drops!

20. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Have slowed down a lot for the last week or so. Now at AR23 and only logging in the game to use up Resin. As I don't have much of the map completed at all, I'm fighting the lightning Cube boss and farming the blue-cloud-Ley-line-thingie to get exp books to use up the Resin. I still enjoy the game though and just wish I had more time to play the game.