Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Revenger, Sep 29, 2020.

1. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I actively look for enemies that I can send flying over the edge or into water lol. It's a legit tactic. Especially after getting Jean, I can collect and aim before punting them over the edge lol.

2. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I punt them with noelle but not as effective as jean.

I hit the Mora wall at AR35, then now at AR37 i hit the Resin wall.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    RamboKazoo likes this.
  3. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

I hit the xp book wall, talent upgrade books wall, Character & weapons Ascension materials wall lol at 37.
    If you haven't been hoarding mats and making sure to use your resin everyday you're going to crash headfirst
    into the RESIN CAP wall. Did all the stupid mistakes the youtuber guides says not to do but as a result of my stupidity
    I have a semidecent B team for spiral. Made it to 6-1 but really need to hit AR 40 first since I'm focussed on maxing out Diluc.

Really should be a slight increase to resin cap and faster resin regen but Mihoyo is probably raking in too much $$$
    from everyone to care. New content update is supposed to drop December with a new zone so hopefully there's a lot
    more content on the way.

4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I feel like you should be allowed to play the game and make mistakes. But if the game punishes players for "making a mistake" then that's their decision.

Too deep to start again, but also cbfd with the resin wall.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  5. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Hit AR 35 today hit the low Mora upgrading weapons, going around doing chests and challenge markers while clearing each area so I can get to AR 36 for the Venti story.

Starting to grind domains with a group for mats and do the commission's each day.

My handbook is up to Chapter 7, I'm BP19 currently.
    Most talents are maxed to current level.
    Characters and weapons need leveling which means Mora my main weapons are maxed to current levels.
    The unused characters are around 40, others are 50-60.

Starting to feel the burn out but managing.
    Still need to dive into all the books I've been hording and read through all the lore.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    iMomOx3 likes this.
  6. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

I will hit ar40 by Thursday I think. Then I can do the wolf and dvalin challenge and hope for that sweet 5 star artifact drop rate. 30 fragile resins to spend as well.

Klee banner out and currently on 65 rolls for promo character banner so hoping my pity will kick in and RNG 50% nets me her. I actually have a plan to use her in the team and don't want her cuz she's the new feature. I want someone to apply more pyro more reliably than amber and xianglings elemental skill cd is a bit long for my liking.

Finished abyss floor 7 with 6 stars total, 2 in each. My god it was hard. I'll have to come back to this at a much later time to 9 star it.

Almost finished chapter 8 on the adventure book, just need to ascend a character to 80 and weapon to next tier once I reach 40 those will be done.

Battlepass is at 33 and I ended up purchasing the BP so I can get the weapon choice and got lots of goodies because of the rewards unlock.

RyoSaeba and rbialek like this.
  7. rbialek

rbialek Member

Trying abyss floor 7 myself, yep it's a ball ache that's for sure, those frost guys suck.
    I've got to the third room so far.
    It's weirdly buggy(?) floor too, I've had enemies reset on me about 3 times.

Also as of yesterday when I swap I characters, the game may teleport me around oddly. Fighting stormterror I was teleporting through its neck under the platform. Other times just jumping in a random direction. Very strange.

8. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

I GOT KLEE first thing I rolled on her banner.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.21 - 11.11.15.07.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.21 - 11.11.55.67.png

And from a standard fate:

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.21 - 11.17.42.65.png
    This thread needs more images of the game.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  9. moosi

moosi Member

I've sunk about 30hrs into the game, though I do like it it very much but I can't help but feel that this video is really hitting home on it's point about the game thing being very skewered to drive customer engagement through it's various tricks.

I guess as I'm getting older, the gamer in me might be dying off bit by bit as the gaming scene evolves more and more into this exploitation of a endorphin hit. Games don't compell that longer engagement as it did back in the early 2000s or 90s as none of the shit you see in games existed back then. Guess I'll go back to Ghost of Tsushima.

10. Rod911

Rod911 Member

Revenger congrats on the roll. Even with the pity system, I have had no luck in getting a 5-star. I think I should be due with how many rolls I have done. Not sure if the pity system is per banner or for doing rolls on all the banners, but I'm pretty sure I am close to pulling off 90 rolls in total.

Remember folks, with the new banner, comes a chance to try out the new character. Doing so and passing the test will net you 20 Primogems!

11. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Here's a pic I took with a mate in co-op.

20201021125354.png

And my current character list.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.21 - 13.04.37.38.png

12. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Klee Trailer,

Rie Tanaka, Lisa's voice actress plays as Lisa,

Japanese are meming this currently,

13. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

You're only guaranteed the 5 star for that particular banner with the pity counter only registering wishes for that banner wish. Eg. Youre only guaranteed a 5 star that has a chance to be venti with pity once per 90 rolls on that venti banner.

Edit: grats revenger... tried klee twice with story missoon and trial. Didn't impress me after having used the wombo combo of diluc and full constellation xinliang. Klee with my limited playtime feels clunky even with the upgrades given in the trial games.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  14. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

Yea she does feel a bit off with the bombs and aiming, but certain situations she will be a great addition.
    Still need to learn the pros and play style of Sucrose so ill do her trial soonish.

15. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Rie Tanaka is awesome! :D

16. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

With 65 wishes on the rate-up character banner queued up, I went for a 1x10 wish and managed to get Klee on my first pull! 75 total so was really happy with that result and didn't have to use my last 1600 gems. I really want to use Klee in my team for consistent pyro reactions and pair her up with my fischl, Venti and rotate between whoever else I need for 4th space. Sadly right now Venti's ult doesn't suck her mines up but from what I heard this will be patched and will be able to at some stage since other anemo characters can all interact with the mines.

Unfortunately for me, after pulling Klee, I also managed to hit AR40 last night after my daily commissions. My 3x level 70's, Razor, Fischl and Venti have all now been ascended and rocking level 80. Each one costed me around 600k mora to level up from 70-80 and used around 80 of the PURPLE experience papers each.. All my resources are gone for those 3 and now poor Klee has nothing to work with. Back to grinding for EXP/Gold laylines for a while as well as boss farming for artifact drops. Have started to get my regular(ish) 5 star artifact drops which is nice but RNGesus has dissapointed me for the last 4 out of 5 artifacts with crappy main/substats. Spent a few fragile resins last night and have around 28-29 left so plenty to spend over the weekend. I'm trying to not binge out on the game and spend it all at once so I'll do 2-3 a day which still gives me lots of boss fighting and artifact drops.

17. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Oof didn't realise you had diluc too Revenger. Pretty sure a diluc and klee combo would be pretty good if klee gets buffed.

Thought the weapon reviews for wolf's gravestone for diluc were over exaggerated until I pulled one and "Jeebus" it's seriously OP.
    Has 20% attack buff baked as well as the 20% attack buff when enemies are below 30% hp.
    Attack rating went from 1900 to 2300+ after levelling up the wolf's gravestone to lvl 70.
    Finished spiral lvl 6 but didn't get enough stars to make to lvl 7.
    It's a real problem especially with my second team not having enough mats and artifacts to properly level up.

Got Klee with 2 x 10 wish pulls. Was pretty surprised as I had pulled a keqing recently on the venti banner and was really trying to get 4 star weapons for the xp.

18. OP
    OP
    Revenger

Revenger Member

I'm using the prototypes from the smithy, haven't pulled a decent weapon yet only the Rust bow.

I'll try that combo out though I need to level Klee a bit and kit her with artifacts and do the talents.
    So need Mora like crazy.
    Also will try the Klee / Wind combo sometime also need Mora.

19. bennyling

bennyling Member

Weird question, but when playing Genshin my iPhone over Telstra 4G, I always get a "cannot connect to server" error that goes away once I connect to a VPN. Anyone else having the same issue?

I have a few friends that play over 4G on Voda and Optus, no issues, so just wondering if it's a Telstra-only thing. Not a big deal, but would be nice if it worked without having to connect to VPN on my phone.

20. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh same here. It's an iPhone thing. Won't work over 4G but will work if it's not on 4G even if it's on the same 4G telstra network. Also phone gets incredibly hot during play on my iPhone X.