Get accused of "swirling in lines" while driving.

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by blondie_hunter, Aug 15, 2021.

1. blondie_hunter

blondie_hunter Member

I was one my way home on a friday night and there was a karen who spawned out of nowhere and stopped next to me at a traffic light, then accused me of nearly causing "multiple crashes", because I was, as she described: "swirling in everyone's lines and typing on my phone" .

I have checked the footage in my dashcam and I can't seem to find the "swirling in everyone's lines" or "typing on my phone" she mentioned. Was she refering to that when I moved a bit to the right to avoid collision to the cars parked on the left on the main road? Is that what she was karening about? Was there anything wrong with it? Seen a lot of people doing it and I don't recall any of it has caused a crash.

Am I missing something here?

Link:

2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Did you tell her to fuck off? What a fuckwit.

Smoothie and rthy like this.
  3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

All looked pretty routine, boring almost. Would like to see any rear dashcam footage. But well I'd tell her to go report you to the auto manager.

Smoothie likes this.
  4. mareke

mareke Member

The only explanation that makes sense is that she mixed you up with another driver who did what she claimed.

5. mtma

mtma Member

Does the Karen appear in the video?

Chances are only thing swirling in lines are the bath salts.

6. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

Yes, She probably said swerving.

Play the video at double speed between the 4:00 and 5:00 time stamps. Every time he passes a parked car he swerves to the right, sometimes over the lane dividing line. He even swerves towards the car in the right lane while passing a row of parked cars at 4:45.

Just drive in the centre of your lane. Stop swerving to the right every time there is a car parked on the side of the road. It's on one side of the white line, you are on the other. You aren't going to hit it. There's probably at least a 2 foot gap, between you and the parked cars, before you swerve to the right.

7. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

Also this should be moved to the motoring section.

8. fnp

fnp Member

You are a bit all over the place. What's with the veering off to the right whenever you pass a car?

Thumbnail is pretty click baity too.

Arctic_Silver08 and alch like this.
  9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nope.

Yep. I do this all the time. Idgaf. I don't want to be squeezed in with potential to hit cars on the left, so I will straddle both lanes, temporarily of course, so I can get past the left hazard. Cars behind me will just have to deal with it, and they do.....there's never a problem. Heaps of people do it and it never worries me or anyone else that I can tell.

If you do it with consideration for other drivers around you it won't be an issue. Problem comes when you start cutting people off in a dangerous way, or impeaching too far across another lane, or doing it abruptly, etc etc. Give people ample notice and it won't be a problem, even with Karen.

10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Yes, from the video you appear to be driving like a drunk person would.

As someone who is teaching someone how to drive, you seem to have the steering wheel smoothness of a very early on learner drive, constantly jerking left and right to stay within your lane rather then just maintaining a straight line. But the rest of the time you can't even stay in your lane.

Or in other words, you drive like you are using a keyboard while eating a giant ice cream with one hand. :lol:

If you aren't driving drunk, maybe time to get an eye check or something else. Please don't go back on the road in this condition.

Your youtube description is also completely stupid, instead of trying to label people Karen's why don't you focus on your own driving ability.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  11. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

You should know how wide your car is, you shouldn't veer over if you don't have to. I see this all the time, and it is especially dangerous on a standard 2 lane street with street parking - cars going wide around parked cars and veering across into oncoming traffic.

But I guess spatial awareness is just like common sense, you assume people have it.

12. Audionut

Audionut Member

You're all over the place like a mad woman's shit, and veered fairly fucking close to a moving vehicle to avoid air.

13. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

Stay in your lane. If you are that worried about hitting a parked car try the right hand lane.

If I was behind you, I would back the fuck off, and get away from you ASAP.

14. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

You are jerky with your steering inputs and it looks like you struggle to keep your car in a lane, honestly does look like you are on your phone or eating or occupied with something other than driving. Second the poster above, I'd be well out of your way.

bart5986 likes this.
  15. Franc

Franc Member

Looking at the video, you are either on your phone like the person says or dont know how wide your car is or both.

On the plus side, I give your singing 4/10

Kommandant33 likes this.
  16. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

You're swaying a lot in your lane, I noticed when I have my car in sport steering mode I have to moderate my steering input a bit or I sort of look a little unsteady... I've also seen lane keep assist in some cars bounce from left to right as it picks up the lane markings.
    You yawn a couple of times, fatigued?
    Why do you keep moving over when you pass parked cars? That's really annoying and would probably scare some drivers around you (I can see cars passing you well over to the right of their own lane).

17. fnp

fnp Member

It's a bit like people who, when turning left, veer out to the right first. You're not driving a bus, you can get your car around the corner without doing a hook manoeuvre.

D.Frost, Flamin Joe, bart5986 and 3 others like this.
  18. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

YES! I see this all the time, even people in small cars.

19. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Never understood why some drivers do it as it's totally pointless and dangerous. I nearly got side-swiped one time on a two lane road when some dickhead in the left hand lane did that to turn down a side street and encroached too far into my lane.

Seen people do this too going into their driveway like the neighbour I have down the road who goes completely on the wrong side of the road to hook around into their driveway. WTF??

20. Snoops

Snoops Member

The flip-side of the coin.. I wish my partner did more of this.. Keeps clipping the inside rear wheel on the curb....