Gigabyte 4870x2 problem

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by striker-reaper, Nov 27, 2008.

1. striker-reaper

striker-reaper Member

Hi,
    I just bought a DFI LANPARTY UT X48-T2R mobo and a Gigabyte 4870x2 yesterday as my asus striker 2 formula board decided to die and I thought itd be a good time to move away from sli and try a single fast card.

My issue is the system boots fine with a single 8800gt however I cant get any display out of it with the 4870x2 hooked up. The pc posts fine (as I can see via the little post code display on the mobo) with both but I get no signal at all from the 4870x2. I havent had a chance to try it in a diff mobo so it very well may be a dead card but im wondering if there is anything else im missing.

I thought it may have something to do with a lack of power but I have an Antec quattro 850w power supply and im using both an 8pin and a 6 pin seperate pci-e power connecter straight from the psu to the gfx card. I tried unplugging everything power wise but the basics (so all hdd's and dvd and fans unplugged) but this made no difference. I should also add this power supply ran dual 8800gt's in sli fine.

Is there something im missing or should I just try the card in a different motherboard?

Thanks,
    Brett

2. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

update to latest 10/02 bios for board

3. OP
    OP
    striker-reaper

striker-reaper Member

Ok ill flash it tonight when I get home. Is it a known issue with these boards or something?

4. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

Yes there were some issues with DFI boards, i forget the model number list.

5. eva2000

yup known and fixed issue via updates on all dfi boards

no probs on my DFI DK X48-T2RBS Plus and UT X48-T3RS in sig :)

6. OP
    OP
    striker-reaper

striker-reaper Member

ok thats great news it had me worried after I spent hours trying to get it working last night :)

doy yo recommend flashing it via floppy disk or within windows? These are the 2 options the dfi website is giving me and afaik floppy would be the safer option but alots changed since I last flashed anything :)

7. Jethed

Jethed Member

the same thing happen with me with my 4870x2 and dfi board.
    pulled out my 8800GTX and shoved in the 4870x2, booted up, nothing happened...
    I already had the correct bios installed. reflashed it again and worked fine

8. eva2000

i use bootable usb flash drive or custom cd iso available at http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1525

9. OP
    OP
    striker-reaper

striker-reaper Member

All fixed! Flashed to new firmware and worked straight away, so happy right now :D

I ended up going old school and dragging out a floppy drive and did it that way :)

Thanks to everyone that helped!