1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Gigabyte Aorus FV43U Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by eastley, Aug 26, 2021.

1. eastley

eastley Member

Purchased this monitor through Scorptech.

When playing games using HDR, either Xbox series X or PS5, if there is some sort of loading symbol bottom right corner, the top/top right backlight flickers.

You can see it in that video, ignore the cranky child noise, she couldn't get a block in the gap she was trying to squish it in, was a lot of drama.

Sent Monitor to Scorptech, who tested the monitor, could not replicate issue, so I sent more email ,telling them to make sure it is HDR 1000 etc..

Anyway, the gentleman testing my monitor, claims, based off that video, that this is not even the Gigabyte monitor in question and is not using the video as evidence, and as he can't replicate the issue, has rejected the fault. I have no idea if he has tested HDR etc yet.

So is my only option ACCC????

To be told the monitor in my video is not the one in question is fucking rude and ridiculous, why the hell would I make this shit up, go to the effort of sending it back from Tasmania????

2. i_trin

i_trin Member

Interesting. Why do you think it would t be HDR? The console will detect a HDR compatible screen.

3. OP
    OP
    eastley

eastley Member

It only happens on HDR because it maximises the backlight/brightness etc.. When in non HDR the brightness is a lot lower.

4. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Have a go at running this video in full screen and see if you get any of that same flickering. If you don't I suspect it's that particular image causing issues - grey back ground, heavy vignette and a bright white symbol in the bottom right. Whatever controls the local dimming/edge lighting probably struggles with that combination.

You could try updating the firmware on the display if you haven't already, there are updates for it.

Otherwise I'd record gameplay video going through that same scenario and upload to YT. Both PS5 and XSX can record HDR from memory and it should be reproducible like that.

5. i_trin

i_trin Member

Perhaps send it back to gigabyte for them to check it for you