Gigabyte DS3/4/DQ6 Discussion Thread + Light warning to Users

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by dinos22, Jul 28, 2006.

1. bonox

bonox Member

you buy yourself an external bracket and hook its lead up to an internal port.

2. millsy

millsy Member

Some boards also come with a bracket as well, have a look, you might be lucky :D

I wanted to update my bios because I was having issue booting with a 400mhz fsb so I thought I'd update and see if they'd changed anything.

But now I have a problem too. a), my fan runs faster, and b), my cpu seems to be running hotter.
    This is on the same settings as I had before:
    E6300 @ 1.3v, 333mhz FSB
    2x1gb A-DATA @ 333mhz 5-5-5-15 1.8v

My fans used to be ~800rpm for the cpu and case, but now the cpu is 1600rpm and the case on is 900rpm. The cpu also seems to be ~5 degrees warmer than before too.
    It loads and a similar temperature, which is around 55 degrees, but the fan is spinning at 2100 rpm at that temp :wired:. Used to be around 1000rpm for the same temperatures.

Any ideas? Or should I just go back to the F6 bios?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

It's possible the new bios changes how the mobo reads the cpu temp sensor and is now reading the cpu as being hotter then it did before. Just double check your fan settings are still as you had them though, never know, new bios may have changed things for you.