Gigabyte RMA experience

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by mAd_180, May 9, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    mAd_180

mAd_180 Member

yes yes i am

having said that i have a 2 week old waterblock that's no good to me now

2. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

still, thats an epic replacement.

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

The card has been excellent and well performing until the incident which caused me to rma.

4. OP
    OP
    mAd_180

mAd_180 Member

New Card arrived today so all in all very happy with gigabytes warranty took around 3 weeks but was lucky enough to have the use of a 6950 in that time

and now considering keeping it for trifire with my new 6990 =)

5. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Yea, I had an XFX fail basically straight away when I bought it a while back (8800GTS 512).

Pissed me off, the RMA turn around time was useless, waited 4 weeks and still had nothing. Store just gave me an Asus card instead.

Was really angry I paid $500 for a card I used for 2 days which was faulty but I couldn't get a replacement and had to send it for an RMA because I didn't return it before 7 days, due to not being able to build the pc until the e8400s cpus were in stock. Was a joke all in all.

Never buying xfx again, nor a video card until I have received all the other pc parts first.

6. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

2 days old? why couldn't you DOA it at where you bought it from for an instant replacement card? :confused: Online purchase or something? :confused::confused: Shop had no other stock? you could have gotten a refund and bought another card that day if that was so. 2 days! thats way within the DOA period.d

7. mtoti

mtoti Member

In the post you quoted:

I didn't return it before 7 days, due to not being able to build the pc until the e8400s cpus were in stock.

8. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

ah right. that sucks :/

9. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

Old post, but does anyone know t(e procedure for rma to gigabyte direct.

I bought a 1050ti and it’s not liking 4k and the screen blacks in and out.

I bought it from MSY as I don’t drive its not easy for me to go to the store and if I’m going to mail it, i might as well mail it direct to gigabyte and cut out the middleman.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  10. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I haven't had to RMA with them for years, but the last time I think I contacted them directly via email and sent off my claim.

They emailed me an RMA number and said to give that and my product to the store I brought it from, which was fine because they paid postage. All the store had to do was pass it on that way, no internal testing.

In a few weeks I had a replacement product.

I've RMA'd almost every company out there over the years and they were a bit slow, but easy to deal with. I had a motherboard die while overclocking, but it was a high end board and I was within their advertised overclocking range, so they green lighted the RMA straight up.

11. Roscosity

Roscosity Member

Hey man, I think we do definitely take direct RMAs, but usually we advise to go through the store you bought it from, as they can verify the proof of purchase etc much more easily

You can shoot me a message if you need help following it through