Gnocchi with Chicken, Bacon, Mushrooms and Pumpkin

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by 303-Acid, May 26, 2013.

1. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Lately we've gotten ourselves into a rut with dinners. Cooking the same things, not knowing what the eff to make, etc. So we've decided to start going through our recipe books and try some new things. So tonight I made Gnocchi with Chicken, Bacon, Mushrooms and Pumpkin. It's fairly quick & easy and tasted pretty good so I thought I'd share. This one came from a small cookbook I've got "The Australian Women's Weekly after-work cookbook" but I added the pumpkin to it. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

Ingredients
    2 bacon rashers, finely diced
    250g button mushrooms, roughly sliced
    250g pumpkin, diced into ~1cm cubes
    4 green onions, chopped finely
    1-2 chicken breasts, coarsely diced
    300ml cream (any brand, doesn't have to be Bulla ;) )
    1 tablespoon French mustard (I just used a seeded mustard instead of French)
    1kg gnocchi
    1 cup grated parmesan cheese

Method
    Heat a large frying pan with some olive oil and cook the chicken. Once browned and done put the chicken aside.

Add your bacon to the same pan and cook to crispy. Add to the bacon the pumpkin, onion and mushrooms. Continue to cook until the pumpkin is tender.

Bring a pot of water to boil for your gnocchi.

Pop the chicken, cream and mustard to your frypan with your bacon, mushrooms, and pumkin. Stir, bring to the boil, then simmer.

While that's simmering cook your gnocchi.

Drain the gnocchi and add to the creamy goodness in the fry pan. Mix then pour into a shallow oven proof dish.

Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top and pop it under a grill until browned.

Enjoy!

2. mmBax

mmBax Member

Looks nice, I'm a big fan of Gnocchi instead of using pasta or rice, it makes for a nice change. I'll give this one a go.

There's a local restaurant that does a gnocchi dish with sweet potato, cream, garlic and spinach. With chicken on top. Worth a try if you like these kinds of dishes?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3321/4621485814_95837c594f_z.jpg

3. Glide

Glide Member

Actually went to a gnocchi cooking class in the hunter a couple of weeks back.

Surprisingly easy to make from scratch - I don't even cook.

Was good fun - do recommend making it yourself rather than buying it.

4. Frenchpom

Frenchpom Member

This looks really good, thanks for sharing! I'll give it a crack this weekend :thumbup: