1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

God Of War announced for PC launches January 14th 2022 | DLSS, 21:9

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Trizae, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Trizae

Trizae Member

For those who don’t touch consoles or have never played, ho boy you’re in for a treat and welcome :)

Sold 19.5 million Life to date :shock:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Partha and pwlm1975 like this.
  2. power

power Member

it's a lot to pay for a game that's realistically only worth $15-20 now. More excited for the sequel. Anyone that's never played this though is certainly in for a treat and you will have the benefit of not listening to a PS4 that sounds like a jet engine too, lol.

My one and only recommendation is play this on the biggest screen with the biggest sound system you can - the audio mix and score are amazing.

I'd also bet that this release date probably has a lot to do with Ragnarok's release too.

Trizae likes this.
  3. Cap One

Cap One Member

I was tempted to buy a PS just to play this and also the Uncharted games so yeah can't wait. :)

Trizae likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

I kinda disagree with it being alot to pay for a game that is $15-$20 or free. It was worth it back when I bought it and you had the foresight to own the PS474 like I did lol so we aren't their target market, newcomers who want to play GOW 2018 at 4/K60+fps unless you have a PS5 that isn't it happening for the 100million+ PS4 owners compared to the 10+ps5 owners and the ridiculous amount of owners across the PC platform,

You really did crack me up with the jet engine I fucked that console right off when I got my PS5 haven't looked back :lol: and listen to power the sound system is one of the most important things everyone has sound bars these days but if you have even that or some nice home theatre positional speakers you're in for a treat

Yeah if anything the more people they get exposed to God of War the bigger ragnarok will be whether thats day one on ps5/pc its a win win in their eyes

Did you say Uncharted? oh you sweet summer child do I have some news for you after this GOW PC announcement coming soon...shhh though :p

pwlm1975 likes this.
  5. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I'd like to see TLOU and Spiderman ported over, never really got into the GOW series. It looked great on PS though so it will be cool to see how it fares on PC.

Trizae likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

I agree with both! I skipped Spiderman 2018 entirely even though I had a ps4 pro at the time I saw what it looked like and said I'll play this when it gets patched to 60 and on the PS5 you can play it at 4k/60 with ray tracing played through that and Miles Morales and loved them if you like a more advanced take on what Arkham does with spiderman it would be amazing on PC.

Same with TLOU and as well as its multiplayer factions which is one of the greatest parts of the first one healthy online till this day

jjjc_93 likes this.
  7. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

My son has been playing this and it looks like an absolute blast, visually very nice too on an ageing PS4. Very keen to get on PC. I think Horizon Zero Dawn was a bit of an eye opener for Sony, they realised that exclusive titles are a tool to try and push console sales Vs Xbox but there is still a whole PC market out there who won't touch a console but will buy these games. We won't get them at the same time as consoles but I feel like we will see more of the AAA titles come across.

8. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

These Last of Us style walking simulators with mediocre combat aren't really that interesting. I dunno, maybe I'll see when the reviews are out how the PC port is.

9. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Pretty interested to find out how you came to that economic conclusion.

Trizae likes this.
  10. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Probably the fact that it's currently for sale for $20 on the PS4.

The Beast likes this.
  11. power

power Member

everyday price, it's on PS Hits.

12. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Yeah poor wording perhaps. I didn't mean on sale as in discounted, but for sale as available to buy.

power likes this.
  13. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Legacy console/hardware though. I'm assuming PCMR want enhanced extra textures/resolution/DLSS/RTX/144FPS and all their other buzzwords that matter more than game content?

Not to mention porting to PC requires thousands of collective hours of testing all sorts of weird hardware/software/driver edge cases.

Or would a 1:1 straight port with no enhancements from PS4 keep PCMR happy? I feel there'd be venom and anger if they got "only" that.

14. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Very excited for this - have always liked the look of GoW but couldn't bring myself to get or use a console :sick:

Trizae likes this.
  15. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

been impressed with how well HZD port turned out, hopefully this is just as good. Nick Offerman has to be Kratos if the make the live action version
    nickkratos.jpg

The Beast and walker_2003 like this.
  16. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

offerman is awesome looks like he's been training! he's a bit short for kratos at 5'11 though and not sure if he will sell Kratos though I raise you Chris Judge (voices kratos in God Of War 2018 and did the voice work acting stunts and was the body for him when they made the game) stands at 1.91 and can act too

Attached Files:

17. OP
    OP
    Trizae

Trizae Member

Cap One hey mate remember when you said something in the morning about uncharted on pc and I said you're a sweet summer child and wait for some news after the god of war pc announcement? Well here you go :)

Cap One likes this.
  18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Reviews are dropping and it looks like a pretty good game port.

If you haven't played this, be sure to.. Has to be in my top 20 of all time.

Trizae likes this.
  19. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Looks good but I'll be waiting until around this time next year to pick it up for 40-50% off. Long backlog to get through and something stops me from paying $75 for a game you can find for $25 on another platform (yes I know porting isn't free).

20. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Trizae, walker_2003 and elvis like this.