1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Godox AD600 group buy

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by humanrace, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Carved some holes into the bunnings case

[​IMG]

Very blunt knife... :lol:

How do you cut foam nicely? :confused:

Fits the monobloc, battery, recharger and cables, and the extension unit.

2. NNotNENN

NNotNENN Member

Keen on a C stand group buy for sure.

3. simplelogik

simplelogik Member

Received mine today. Thanks Ron for organising ! Now just need to find the motivation to take it out for a spin :)
    Darn, how did I miss the carry bag !! :(

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Oh we didn't get the carry bag enmass. Plus it's probably on ebay for ~$25 :o

Although from what i've read the Godox PB-600 bag is made out of flimsy nylon, doesn't fully close when u plug the extension into it because it's not deep enough, so it sticks out the open top. A few friends carry a backpack instead and hang it off the tripod with the AD600 inside. I'm thinking of taking my light to a store and finding a lowepro toploader bag or similar neoprene generic.

I have the godox nylon bag for my LP800x and it's a piece of crap. I usually move my lead battery inside a hard shell cargo case.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  5. simplelogik

simplelogik Member

If you can find a substitute that would be awesome. The lack of airflow with the Lowepro is a concern though.

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

[​IMG]

Well there's always just getting that bag for ~$25 each. ships out of hk/china.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  7. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Update: I ended up using one of these lowepro bags my old DSLR used to live in. Fits one AD600 and I just sit the heavy bit on the ground with the extension popping out of an open zipper and up the light stand.

It's cheaper to get online :thumbup:, otherwise $65 at retail store

8. Psyentist

Psyentist Member

^

Perfect - thanks!

Now I can just chuck them in my roller. Problem solved.

9. Rtsnoz

Rtsnoz Member

Looks like you guys got a great price. Shame I missed out!! Any tips for where my best option to buy a pair of these from?

Did you contact godox directly?

10. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

Some tips for those using foam-filled cases...

I used to make up a lot of Pelican style cases for technical stuff, and found that if you were using the pluck-foam then the stuff would eventually get ratty as the bits around the edges of the holes would start becoming detached after a bit of use. I got around this issue eventually by "painting" the foam with aerosol automotive tyre black. (it is kinda like a non-solvent based paint) The results were worth the effort, the foam took on a professional black colour and lasted years with minimal deterioration instead of looking like crap after 6 months or so.

However, when I had to re purpose my personal case for my two Godox 360s I had to find new foam. The local rubber place cut me a chunk of foam and cut the cutouts for only $20. So much better and robust than the stuff that comes with the cases as you can actually make the holes for an exact interference fit so the parts are held in place by the foam.

[​IMG]

11. Psyentist

Psyentist Member

How are peeps rounding out their kits? Any cool accessories?

I've been looking at some of Bowens reflectors. The niche ones are so damn expensive and hard to find in AU! Right now I am eying the ******e reflector however I am finding the cost hard to stomach.

Anyone seen any good knock-offs?

* Sunlight but ending in lite

12. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

If you are looking for the ******e reflector (AKA Beauty dish) it is never going to be cheap and I will be honest. I have tried quite a few off brand ones and none are as good as the Bowens one. This is the reason I still have mine. You can get it in a kit with a few other reflectors (kit call the fashion lighting kit), but when I purchased that it was 500 Pounds, and it was on special even at that price.....

13. benderbaby

benderbaby Member

hey dudes, do you have experience with the mains power pack for the AD600? worth the cash? I'm kinda sick of not leaving the modelling lamp on due to relying on battery power.

14. lench

lench Member

I haven't needed to charge my battery since I got it but I'll definitely be getting the AC pack. Didn't even know it had been released yet!

15. OP
    OP
    humanrace

humanrace Member

Im thinking about getting the QT600II actually. I really only need one AD600 for outdoors (I'm even thinking about getting the AD360II, I want an AD200 but theyre just rumours at this stage)

16. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

AD200? What is that?

17. OP
    OP
    humanrace

humanrace Member

Its basically a AD360 but the battery is within the unit and not external

18. simplelogik

simplelogik Member

A rumoured lithium bare bulb speedlight. This would be awesome

https://flic.kr/p/H35HFF

19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I just use my elinchrom RX4s when in studio, I only use the godoxes in the field.

instead of buying a suite of bowen modifiers I just swap adaptors to make use of my existing elinchrom mods. I find the elcinrhom mods pricier but well built. Sick of replacing chinese knockoffs.

20. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

Oh dam!!!! That would be awesome!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.