1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Godox AD600 group buy

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by humanrace, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbourizk

bbourizk Member

Would be in for c-stand group buy too.

2. benderbaby

benderbaby Member

I would be interested in a c-stand group buy :)

3. Psyentist

Psyentist Member

Also interested in picking up a beauty dish. Have you found anything that appears quality but at the same time cheaper?

4. bbourizk

bbourizk Member

When the Aussie dollar was on par with the US I bit the bullet and ordered a mola demi beauty dish from bhphoto.
    Was a good little saving compared to local prices.

If only the dollar gets up there again.

5. benderbaby

benderbaby Member

I have the godox 55cm white BD. Comes with a grid and lights up beautifully. I must admit I do not shoot with the finesse to comment on it's effect on colour temp, but I'm having a lot of fun 'hollowing out' cheek shadow.
    It's a big modifier to store so I suggest getting a BD bag or pad up something suitably proportioned like a xmas wreath storage bag.

6. Psyentist

Psyentist Member

7. benderbaby

benderbaby Member

awesome, dude! just remember, if you get a silver BD it's a bit more specular so blemishes are gonna show up a little more than it would with a white BD. You can mitigate this with better makeup, hiring models with great skin (it puts the lotion on or else it gets the hose!), adding a light fill with a white reflector set low under the subject and of course spending more time fixing in post.

8. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

I bought a generic 22" Beauty dish from Aliexpress. Was pretty much the cheapest I could find and came with grid and sock. It's just a piece of powder coated tin so I can't see much value in paying more.

Although the new Westcott Rapid beauty dish would be interesting as I mostly work on location so being able to fold it up would be useful. I have recently purchased a SMDV Speedbox A90 because it is easier than taking a BD with me all the time.

9. OP
    OP
    humanrace

humanrace Member

I havent looked at beauty dishes in a while, but from memory fotogenic were the best priced:

http://www.fotogenic.com.au/flash-lighting/flash-accessories/beauty-dishes-for-photography/

I get a feeling that all generic beauty dishes are the same. I would imagine that the generic stuff isnt as focused or have a parabolic nature compared to a Mola or Kacey.

I would love to find a parabolic generic beauty dish. Something that has that Mola or Kacey shape. It would be so easy to to replicate but no one has done it - probably because there isn't much demand.

10. OP
    OP
    humanrace

humanrace Member

The goods have reached the motherland! Will call to organise customs payment and hopefully not too long after that!

11. madrichter

madrichter Member

Thanks for all your work organising this. Much appreciated.

12. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

In time for SMASH :thumbup::thumbup:

13. lench

lench Member

i look forward to burning out the corneas of my subjects :thumbup:

14. OP
    OP
    humanrace

humanrace Member

So I need contact numbers and emails from everyone to give to the courier. You dont have to give it to me but in case they want to contact you

Those who have no given me an address do so ASAP

Those who have not paid for domestic shipping, also do so ASAP

15. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

PM sent ;)

I take it customs went smooth.

16. OP
    OP
    humanrace

humanrace Member

as far as i know it did. hoping to get it by next week :)

17. OP
    OP
    humanrace

humanrace Member

For those wondering, will not be doing pick ups, its just too difficult theyre at work and sometimes I wont be able to meet you if I'm doing something important - I'm also not bringing them home there is just too much.

Hoping to have them sent tomorrow or day after. Have been busily packing - has been a pain in the butt lol

I would recommend opening them outside, used shredded paper and it will be messy

There are 2 people who havent sent me their domestic shipping (despite me asking for it in my original PM!) or their address. Its pretty annoying. Send to me ASAP otherwise I'mm giving these lights away to the homeless

18. davidblight

davidblight Member

Got the Sendle notification, thanks so much!

19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Oh good my cat's going to love the packaging after i'm done with it :thumbup:

20. madrichter

madrichter Member

Delivery

Thanks so much. Just received the Sendle delivery notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.