Going back to 98

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by DioXidE, Aug 13, 2002.

1. DioXidE

DioXidE (Banned or Deleted)

Brisbane, hydroxide_69@hotmail.com Posts: 1337
    Hey guys,
    I currently have win2k installed and I'd love to play all my old games again. I don't wanna make a dualboot I'd just like to go back to 98. DOn't tell me that I shuld stick with 2k, I won't listen... :) Now I have 2 20gigs here and they are partitioned as follows... 2x10's and 1x 20. Can I convert them back to fat 32 without formatting them??? and also will i be able to access them from Win 98 even thgouh they have win 2k security options...
    Cheers
    Az

2. BoBb

BoBb Member

hey arif,

I dont think you can convert ntfs to fat but i spose it could be possible considering fat can be converted to ntfs.
    If you get it converted to fat and boot into 98, then 2k cant possibly secure itself as its not running.

3. ProphecyKnthrak

ProphecyKnthrak Member

how about having BOTH installed :p

Anyway.. u will have to upgrade from 98 soon since they are making software not compatible with it

4. Mred32

Mred32 Old and Decrepit

You cant convert back to FAT32 and Win98 wont see them.
    You can find software that will allow Win98 to read NTFS partitions so you can copy the info on it but you will need to reinstall applications and things like that.

Just buy WinXP and your games will run fine.

Mred!

5. OP
    OP
    DioXidE

DioXidE (Banned or Deleted)

Brisbane, hydroxide_69@hotmail.com Posts: 1337
    *Cries* Looks like XP is the way

6. Webmaster_Zeus

Webmaster_Zeus Member

U can convert NTFS partition to FAT32, whether it does it correctly its another issue, but works 99.9% of the time for me.

Use Partition Magic 7.0, it has the ability to do this and many more. So no need to go to xp, but u should really as I already made the transition to it and loving it. Stable as hell and games runs fine too, but probably not as good as it would run in 98.