Gold Coast / Hinterland Photos C&C [6 PICS]

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by lacisnot, Oct 4, 2009.

1. lacisnot

lacisnot Member

Hello everyone. Almost finished editing a bunch of photos from the Gold Coast. Still have this massive pano which I am still working on (120mp).

Photos were either taken with a Nikon 50/1.8 or a Sigma 10-20 on a D90

I would like to know what your thoughts are on the following and if it works for you.. thanks :)

Pictures in chronological order
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Full res here (better that way) http://www.deviantart.com/download/138944641/Moran_Falls_by_lacisnot.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    lacisnot

lacisnot Member

anyone? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

3. Kruzty

Kruzty Member

I'm a big fan of 3 & 4 (Y)

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I personally like number 6 as the green vegetation is quite contrasting and really draws your eye in towards it.

5. JohnnoD

JohnnoD Member

1) Has a little too much space up the top. I think cropping it quite a bit would be quite good, perhaps to about 1/3rd of what it is now? That way you still have the people down the end of the jetty and convey some sort of lonely/emptyness

2) Same, perhaps not as tight though. Crop the little bit of rock from the bottom right hand side. Not overly exciting though?

3) The tree doesn't do much for me, good concept but a little boring. What if you took the photo from an open area on the mountain looking down? I think that'd work.

4) I'd say this is the best. But I reckon it needs a little more PP. a bit more black, green, lose the shrubs on the left hand side, etc.

5) Nice smooth water, but not really exciting.

6) As above.

6. OP
    OP
    lacisnot

lacisnot Member

thanks guys and johnod - will look into the options.

Its a bit scary going to the edge of the cliff as there is this big sign saying "sheer cliff. Danger" lol

But I get what youre saying and totally agree. I don't get what you mean by the water not being exciting though.. too plain? or not enough colour and contrast

Thanks,
    Lac

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009