GOOC Australia 2010 > Are you ready? Monster prizes booth babes 250+ppl REGISTER NOW!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by dinos22, Apr 20, 2010.

1. dinos22

dinos22 Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare you ready? Check for details below ;)

[​IMG]

GIGABYTE is pleased to announce the world’s biggest and most anticipated overclocking event of the year.
    Welcome to this year's GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship for Australia 2010 (GOOC 2010).

For those of you wondering what it's all about please check out last year's The Overclocker magazine coverage,
    a great forum thread on OCAU or the ABC2 TV coverage below:

GOOC Australia 2010 is going to be bigger and better this year.
    • Huge amount of competition prizes
    • All expense paid trip to Pan Asia Regional final in Indonesia for two extreme OC finalists (18-6-2010 until 21-6-2010)
    • Door prizes from event sponsors
    • Booth babes galore
    • Three times bigger venue with threefold increase in guests compared to last year
    • Food and drink tab upped to $6,000 :leet:
    • 7x competitors in live finals (4x extreme + 3x enthusiasts)
    • Up to $500 travel budget for extreme OCers and $100 for enthusiasts
    ....and many more awesome reasons to come so register now to book a spot and come watch the live overclocking competition and more in Sydney on 15th May (limited to 150 people).
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO BE A SPECTATOR AT THE LIVE EVENT ON 15th MAY. You must be over 18 years old to register!

If you have issues with registration send me a PM!

LIVE COMPETITION WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, 15TH MAY, 5pm :)

FEATURED HARDWARE

• GIGABYTE X58A-UD9
    • GIGABYTE X58A-UD7
    • GIGABYTE P55-UD7
    • GIGABYTE P55-UD3R
    • Intel Core i7 980X CPU
    • Intel Core i5 6xx & i7 8xx Series CPUs
    • Intel Core i7 980X CPU
    • Corsair 2GB Dominator GTX3 RAM Modules
    • Western Digital SATA3 VelociRaptor Hard Drives
    • Antec 1200W OC PSUs
    • Antec Gaming Cases

THE VENUE

Kingpin Bowling Darling Harbour

[​IMG]

COMPETITIONS:

There will be two final events taking place side by side, the extreme LN2 OC competition and enthusiast air OC competition as well as gaming machines for the event guests. Four overclockers from extreme competition and three from enthusiast competition will be chosen to join the live event in Sydney on 15th May 2010 at Kingpin Bowling in Darling Harbour.

You cannot enter both competitions!

RESULT SUBMISSION LINK FOR EXTREME OC COMPETITION CLICK HERE

1) EXTREME OC Competition -Follow the competition countdown timer on the website for end of competition Four top spots will qualify to GOOC Australia 2010 live competition in Sydney on 15th May.

RULES:
    HARDWARE & SOFTWARE:
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE X58 Series
    CPU: LGA1366 Intel
    Video Card: OPEN
    Memory: OPEN
    HDD: OPEN
    OS: Windows XP 32/64bit, Windows Vista32/64bit, Windows7 32/64bit
    Utility Software: Super_Pi_Mod-1.5 and wPrime (downloads available on HWBOT website)
    Cooling method: OPEN

BENCHMARKS:
    ①wPrime 32M
    ②Super Pi Mod1.5 32M
    Winners will be the best overclockers with highest sum of points according to point scoring table:
    Code:
    Score 	①wprime 32M 	②Super Pi 32M
    1st 	      8 	      12 
    2st 	      6 	      9
    3st 	      3 	      6 
    4st 	      2 	      3 
    5st 	      1 	      1 
    Best result, lowest score in both benchmarks
    Top 4 scores qualify for live event.
    In case of a 4th spot tie, the entry with better 32M SuperPi time wins

①wPrime 32M Finished Calculation screen with CPU-Z "CPU" "Motherboard" "Memory" tab image as per HWBOT requirements

② 1.5 Super_Pi_Mod-32M Finished Calculation screen with CPU-Z "CPU" "Motherboard" "Memory" tab image as per HWBOT requirements

2) ENTHUSIAST AIR Competition -Follow the competition countdown timer on the website for end of competition Three top spots will qualify to GOOC Australia 2010 live competition in Sydney on 15th May.

RULES:
    HARDWARE & SOFTWARE:
    Motherboard: OPEN
    CPU: OPEN
    Video Card: OPEN
    Memory: OPEN
    HDD: OPEN
    Cooling method: AIR/WATER, SUBZERO .. whatever you want
    PICS of rigs are mandatory

BENCHMARKS:
    There are essentially no rules for the enthusiast competition so you can run any benchmark you want to post. If you like your PC running stock thats cool too post pics of the rig but you better have overclocking experience or you will get smashed in Sydney (juuuuuuuust kidding lol).

REMEMBER > Three people qualify for live event which means you are all guaranteed prizes and the prizes are going to be sweeeeeeeet :D

The idea here is to pull off your PC cover and OC what you have, OC the HDD, video card, CPU, girlfriend's vibrator, use your imagination. Pics of the rig are mandatory and the more involvement the better the chance of being selected. Online poll will be created to pick two finalists and the third finalist will be selected by judges. This is a popularity contest people so dress to impress :lol:

Rules:
    • HWBOT score submission rules apply.
    • Contestant must register on HWBOT to submit scores. If this is an issue please contact me asap.
    • Gigabyte has the final word on results and reserves to change any rule at any time during and after competition.
    • Judges may request for further proof or to reveal tweaks that can be double checked before awarding the final prize
    • All prizes awarded during live event are to be considered as preliminary prizes. All the results will be double checked after the event for any irregularities and winners will be notified if there are any changes to the outcome.

3) GAMING PCs to try your skills on -GIGABYTE will provide a bunch of gaming machines for people to have some fun with dressed up in some slick Antec cases :leet:

BOOTH BABES

[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]

Not 100% sure if these girls are confirmed but great looking booth babes are a must :D

PRIZES

Extreme OC competition prizes:
    1st Place: $500 CASH + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor + Antec 750W PSU + Corsair GTX3 kit + Trip for one overclocker to compete in GOOC Regional final in Indonesia on 19th June. (4 Day 3 night events, all expenses paid)
    2nd Place: $300 CASH + GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 + Antec 750W PSU + Corsair Nova 64GB SSD
    3rd Place: $100 CASH + GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor

Special prize: Team Australia won last year's Pan Asian Regional Final in Thailand and as such have a special offer for GOOC Australia competition in sending the second competitor to the the Pan Asia Regional Final in Indonesia, Jakarta. GIGABYTE judge will select the second contestant to go to GOOC Regional final in Indonesia. This prize will be awarded to the overclocker that gives his best on the night regardless of the placing. Our message to you is don't give up. Fight until the end!

Enthusiast OC competition prizes:
    1st Place: $300 CASH + GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 + Corsair HW750 PSU + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor
    2nd Place: $200 CASH + GIGABYTE P55A-UD3R + Antec 750W PSU + Corsair H50 Watercooling kit
    3rd Place: $100 CASH + Antec 750W PSU + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor

AUDIENCE PRIZES: Corsair Survivor 32GB USB stick + Antec 550W PSU + WD SATA3 VelociRaptor + GIGABYTE P55A-UD3R​

[​IMG].[​IMG]

[​IMG].[​IMG]

[​IMG].[​IMG]

.[​IMG].[​IMG]

GOOC Australia 2010 SPONSORS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]...................[​IMG]...................[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. fatguy1992

fatguy1992 Member

With the ENTHUSIAST AIR Competition with cooling did I read it right? So I could use my cascade on the CPU and two headed SS on GPUs?

I'll enter, but no chance of going since I don't have the money to spare.

EDIT: Oh well no point anyway, just read I need to be 18 :(

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  3. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

ENTHUSIAST comp you can use or do whatever you want. There are no formal benchmarks at all. You could even just put up photos of rigs....up to you

I will choose a bunch of ppl and put up a poll to vote for two guys and I will select one I think put in the most effort in this thread to make it through

We will have a quick vote at the beginning of May to choose the 3 finalists to come to the live event......

For those of you not in Sydney you will get $100 towards the trip plus the prizes themselves will be pretty nice with a mix of cash and goods which are yet to be finalised....so it might pay to come to Sydney as you are practically guaranteed a prize (3 spots) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

would an adult be able to come and supervise you?

5. fatguy1992

fatguy1992 Member

Thanks, I didn't see the $100 bit, however the trip down there would be cheap since i live in Brisbane. However the accommodation will be what costs me all the money :( Also I might be able to find someone over 18 to go with me, however thats more money i'd have to pay :(

EDIT: Also I'd have to use air cooling down there, boring. Can't bring my 100KG of cooling with me lol

Anyway should be fun for those attending :thumbup:

6. Team.AU

Team.AU Member

i will jump us off with a 32m score !

ud9, corsair dominator gtx2, gulfy 980x, ln2
    [​IMG]

NOT SURE ill get time to bench the wprime, hope so :)

7. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

the prize money is nice too i will reveal that later dont forget that

for accommodation or flights jump to www.lastminute.com.au

8. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

that's one way to ease into it :lol:

9. Muzwa Kai

Muzwa Kai Member

awesome dino, this will be fun. qualifying for air comp is way better this year :D
    now, what to do....

10. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

Now that's the spirit :lol::D:thumbup:

11. booj

booj Member

You might just sneak in with that time :lol:

I'm sure we'll find some time for wprime next week. I know i'm gonna have to to pinch a spot hehe

That venue looks awesome.. as do the lovely ladies :D:D

12. RakOon

RakOon Member

are you going to be in the comp dinos?

13. kayl

kayl Member

Can we add a rule that ppl must have special background set so they cant use old results, like what was done in the kingpin competition :thumbup:

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524

Otherwise its not really a competition just ppl loading there already best achieved results over the last 3 months or longer.

below pic would make a great screen background ;)

Im interested to know why the Food and drink tab was upped to $6,000 from previous compertitions, but there has been a dramaic cut in the travel budget?
    In the past gigabyte covered ppls flights and accommodation, Why the change this year?
    Up to $500 travel budget for extreme Ovclockers and poor enthusiasts only get $100.
    A hotel in Sydney for a few nights will be close $500. Then you add the cost of flights booked at the last minute you will have to pay a premium, especially if you have to fly across Australia??
    Im sure gigabyte could cover the travel cost for ppl..

14. Uncle-Fester

Uncle-Fester Member

I have to say +1 to this post

15. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

There are always some aspects which people are not happy about. What can I say. The rules have been set and will stay the way they are. Previous years have not provided any budget for enthusiasts at all and prizes were worse so that was boosted. $2000 budget for 4 people is reasonable. It was based on one night twin share with a budget airline averaged out between Brisbane/Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth within one or two weeks notice on the weekend. You should look around worldwide and see what other countries are doing for their local GOOC. Not a single country has competitions nearly as good as this.

Bar tab was upped in anticipation of you drinking half the bar tab alone :lol::p:lol:

Gigabyte has booked a really nice venue, found good sponsors for the prizes, heaps of industry and media will attend and an opportunity to put a name to a face with hundreds of forum guys.

Felix, no i cant compete in my own competition. That wouldn't be right would it :lol:. Are you coming to the event man? I'd love to see the Online Computer boys come around.

16. Uncle-Fester

Uncle-Fester Member

Fair enough well hope to see you there :)

17. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

Another thing that will change this year is that competitors will effectively get 4 hours of benching and they can go back and forth between the benchmarks. I'll cover this more when you guys come to Sydney ;)

18. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

Rules are set and it will stay the way they are. No one could have had any decent results until recently anyway as Core i7 980X has only been released recently and bioses and mods required. Just to give you an idea, up until maybe one or two weeks ago 32M Superpi was over 10 seconds slower clock for clock than it is now. Those bioses have only been public for a week maybe

Let's see what you got Kayl. You can surely take down some old scores of ppls commmon hasnt stopped ya before mate

19. millsy_c

millsy_c Member

Aww yeah, i'm gonna definately have another crack this year :D

20. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

whoohoo :thumbup:

eva2000 gave me a good idea. How about a gaming tournament "Booth Babes vs Forum Nerds" :lol:

i havent got a games sponsor yet for PC games. I wonder what could be fun for everyone to play. Any suggestions guys