1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Good quality sound card for music?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by uforia, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokemon

Tokemon Member

Thats a bit ironic.. you say that its the best card out there for music 'based on every bit of available evidence' yet you're only referring to 'consumer level' cards.. i'm not even talking about differences in no. of channels.. Receivers can technically have better 2 channel output than the STX.. but of course you know that..

Yes, of course I know music is in 2 channel.. hence my PC setup only consists of 2.1 for music, where I use my headphones for both games and music..

2. stevo4

stevo4 Member

Where did I state that?

Or is that just something else that you are incorrectly assuming?

3. VeeK

VeeK Member

Don't bother Pistachio.

This is just turning into a fanboi war.

Obviously neither of them have read any reviews about the STX or had the pleasure of experiencing one.

4. stevo4

stevo4 Member

For you maybe.

Clearly, you have no qualms jumping to conclusions from assumptions.

5. VeeK

VeeK Member

Ouch, my feelings.

6. Drubbing

Drubbing Member

7. smiddi

smiddi Member

^ This has turned into a bit of a shit fight over sound cards (like many are).

I was sick of reading these type of threads (usually in other forums) and reading bias reviews.

So i ended up BUYING every one of the cards I tested (except, one that was let to me by a fellow OCAU member).

These are what I tested:
    Xonar STX
    Xonar D2X
    Auzen Forte
    Xonar DX
    X-Fi Titanium
    Auzen X-plosion 7.1
    Xonar U1
    X-Fi Xtreme Music
    Onboard Realtek

After testing each one of them myself I can say that there is a lot of bias around cards sometimes by brand fanboys, and sometimes by reviewers.

The STX is simply so much better than any other card on the market for music is ridiculous. It really is that good.
    The Prelude is one of the few cards I havent tested, but if its anything like the Forte (like I suspect it is, based on comments and hardware in the card eg OPAMP, Chipset, etc); the STX is noticeably better for music.
    (note: this is not about gaming, cause then its a different story)

stevo4, to say that the Prelude is better than the STX (esp without testing both first hand) shows your inexperience with todays cards. I dont believe a foolish comment like that anyway.

8. $3@N

$3@N (Banned or Deleted)

the battle of the audiophiles begins, in before the lock :Pirate:

Well i have read reviews of every major soundcard since the Audigy 2 ZS

So i guess i am rather informed on the subject.

The 2nd best card i have had was the good old Audigy 2 ZS, but the cake taker is Forte hands down.

Just the fact that the 2 channel oamp is so awesome, i mean sure its meant for headphones but is perfect for high end hifi stereo gear. Or even bookshelf speakers.

As per use for Headphones and music, it is the very best, sure i have not physically heard the Asus STX but i imagine they would be very similar but at least with Auzentech you get their experiance in redesigning reference soundcard (they have designed their own before but none as good as these new ones based on Creative XFi, they are paving the way for XFi tech in external dacs and amps)

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  9. stevo4

stevo4 Member

Do you really think you have any point?
    Other than showing, your no better than those you attempt to discredit, and FAIL trying to do so.

Why would anyone think any better of what you are saying, from what has been already posted, after making a statement like this -
    You do no better than the rest by throwing up a conclusion from an assumption.
    A hint, they are different cards.
    Of which the Prelude still sells for more than the Forte.

And btw I didn’t say “that the Prelude is better than the STX”, that's just you assuming that.

In other words your just another STX fanboi with no real idea whether that is the case or not.
    Who failed to read properly the thread.:rolleyes:

10. Drubbing

Drubbing Member

Pot. Kettle. Black.

No one wins an argument when neither party are very good at the process.

11. stevo4

stevo4 Member

Another pointless post.
    Do you have any idea about the topic?
    Other than to throw up quotes, with little or no relevance.

12. Liam.

Liam. Member

it wasnt directed at you btw

13. Liam.

Liam. Member

LOL.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

14. stevo4

stevo4 Member

So you just guessing that is the case.

Just go with what sounds right for you, without really knowing one way or the other.

15. VeeK

VeeK Member

If that was directed at smiddi, you are an utter buffoon. The only person in the entire thread who's had experiences with nearly every high end card on the market and you say he's a fanboi.

Edit: GO READ

16. thmrsh

thmrsh Member

4 pages of audiophile rants and long quotes
    Move it to the pub

17. Drubbing

Drubbing Member

How rich. All your posts on this topic are pointless, as you make none, only assert opinion, and flim flam away from backing up said opinion with experience, so don't come smart with me sunshine - you have tools ill equipped for the task.

Your 'response' only reinforces my point. Which you missed. Because people like you, who can't make a coherent argument, deflect with personal attacks.

It's called trolling, but hey, it's a good way to get off the topic isn't it, seeing as you were doing so well up to this point.

18. smiddi

smiddi Member

I sold my STX and kept the Forte, that im running now - so that makes me an STX fanboi??

Looks like your just baiting for a flame war.
    Have a nice life mate.

19. BlackTigerTech

BlackTigerTech (Banned or Deleted)

You guys only quoted the general public options. There are a lot more option out there when you look outside of brands like Asus and Creative!:thumbup:

The M-Audio Delta 10/10 for example is also a very good card, that due to having so many analog in/out, would even be suitable for a proper HTPC setup with high quality outputs on EVERY channel, not just FL/FR.

Food for thoughts!:D

20. stevo4

stevo4 Member

And another person who cant read. ffs

Then ... on ya bike....

Before you go criticising anyone , learn to put a post together that doesn’t contradict itself.

Just so it is clear why you failed with this post.

Unqualified comments, that don’t say much.

Since no one is talking about gaming, why would you assume that is a factor with what they are posting.
    Or is that just something else you have assumed.

Since that is not what I said, you’re the one looking foolish with that comment.

really… why is that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.