1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Galaxy Nexus (1.2Ghz DC, 4.65" Screen, 5MP, Android 4.0 ICS)

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by barit, Aug 24, 2011.

1. mmBax

mmBax Member

From what I found when I googled random restarts on JB, the first thread on XDA was just saying it's when it wasn't wiped before updating to JB. I am 99% sure I did wipe it, unlocking and putting on clockwork mod does clear everything anyway?

I won't worry about it yet, if it keeps getting bad I'll do a fresh install of JB again.

Work and Home locations updated, thanks guys. I didn't even know that location history had distance travelled and hours spent at home/work/elsewhere, that's pretty cool. Even though I'm at work now and it's saying I'm half way across town.

2. Danske

Danske Member

Yeah it's pretty useful, you can see most time spent out/home etc. And how long til you get to the moon :lol:.

3. SchRAMBO

SchRAMBO Member

So i'm sitting here staring at the plane white Google logo on my Nexus. It's done nothing for over 2 hours now. This is the 4th time I've tried upgrading to JB with no success. My phone keeps on and asked me to restart and upgrade to JB but it does sweet fuck all and to get it to boot again I have to pull the battery out and turn it on again to only boot back into ICS.

This is lame I want my JB so I can gloat over my friends who have inferior iphones.

4. mmBax

mmBax Member

What method are you using and is it getting stuck at the same point each time? And where exactly is that point?

Dans guide a couple of pages back worked for me.

5. brettmo86

brettmo86 Member

Hi guys,

SGS2 user here. Currently running rootbox rom.

GF has a nexus purchased from kogan still with stock software (4.0.1?).

Anyway, shes a bit jelly of my phone because of the customisations I can do with rootbox (mostly just manipulation of the notification bar, battery %, toggles etc)

Is there anything like rootbox currently going for the nexus? Or a rom that anyone can recommend? Needs to be highly stable because I don't want to spend all my times fixing it for her and answering questions like why is my phone rebooting? :lol:

Another question: if we were to just download kies and plug it in and hit update, any idea what firmware we would get being a kogan purchased phone?

Thanks!

6. thecondor

thecondor Member

I purchased a second hand white version of this phone pickup this arvo.

Little excited to get a little bit of jelly bean action.

7. akoli

akoli Member

My phone hasn't done this under jellybean.... it would quite frequently when the middle of something (once every few days though not 6 times a day)... and never the same thing.... would just turn off and then back on again .. or screen would go off and have to unlock it again.

8. renagade

renagade Member

Anyone else on Jelly Bean unable to sync Contacts (or calendar) through exchange? Luckily my e-mail is syncing (with push).

9. mmBax

mmBax Member

It's been okay today, it may have just been that it was getting squished in my pocket.

10. Carey

Carey Member

Not sure of rootbox, but there's plenty of good ROMs over at XDA. Apparently you can use the GNex toolkit to root the phone. There's no Kies - this is a pure Google phone, no crapware there. I dare say it'll want to upgrade straight up to 4.1.1 as soon as you sign into the thing.

You can get exchange to sync with Google calendar before? Tell me how! I can't figure it out through exhange unless I use Google Calendar Sync, which I can't configure properly on the work PCs :(.

11. Raolin

Raolin Member

I had some issues getting my exchange calendar to sync when I had email on manual updates.

I found I had to set email to push and let it do a full sync, then I was fine to set email back to manual.

If you use google calendar sync, it will just copy entries between them.
    If you add your exchange server as an account (Corporate) you will be able to display your exchange calendar as well as your google calendar (it will just be a different colour as it's a different account)

EDIT:
    If you want your google calendar entries visible in outlook at work, I'd suggest adding your google calendar as a subscribed internet calendar in outlook (Account settings > Internet Calendars - get the address from google calendar online).
    You can go the other way too, but you need to publish the exchange calendar to a WebDav server as an intermediate and subscribing to that from Google calendar.
    It's a bit of effort to set up and the combined calendar view in outlook is pretty clumsy, but I prefer to have each calendar as a seperate entity.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  12. renagade

renagade Member

I have my work calendar and google calendar separate. Google is purely for private use, exchange is purely for work, including contacts & calendar.
    I made a clear divide of the 2 so that when I leave not much changes with regards to contacting me and my calendar backing up. I was syncing google calendars with exchange calendars with the desktop app provided by google but stopped when I divided the 2.

13. Carey

Carey Member

Awesome, I'll check it with the admins and try to get it all sorted.

Thanks guys!!

14. NikonUser

NikonUser Member

Eer...my Google now person just changed to a man....how did that happen?

15. Danske

Danske Member

What you mean? Is there a female voice or something?

16. Imitation

Imitation Member

What do YOU mean? Is this a trick? Lol

I've only had female voices and would be very unhappy without her ;-)

17. Shimmy

Shimmy Member

So my galaxy nexus screen now has really bad burn in and its getting worse :mad:. I chat to my girlfriend on whatsapp while im at work alot so I leave the app up all the time and her name and the on-screen keyboard is permanently engraved in there.

I read it has something to do with the AMOLED tech?

Anyone had the same problem? Hope it's reversible or i'm in for a screen replacement.

18. Danske

Danske Member

What voice!?! I am so confuse it no funny.

My Google now has no voice.

19. akoli

akoli Member

Maybe she got a cold you know how the media have you believe theres lots of bad virii on android. :)

20. Carey

Carey Member

Ask it the time in sydney or something...

I updated my baseband (at long last) last night, holy smokes I should've done it earlier. Sitting at my desk, used to get ~700kbps on speedtest. Now get 7000.